Wireless router with or without modem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Should i get a wireless wifi router with modem or wireless wifi router without modem, coz in with modem i'll be able to connect ps3 n pc with the lan cable and mobile on wifi. But on wifi router without modem all will be connected wirelessly. So people what are your suggestions and reccomendations buy a wifi router with or without modem

Thanks

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I think you mean an "Gateway" or "Router"

And MOST wireless gateways/routers come with 4 LAN ports (except that stupid Google router), so you can connect your PS3 and PC with a cable if you wanted.

If you have a good modem already, then just a router will do, a gateway is an all-in-one device and if the modem part of it fails, you need to buy a completely new device, its easier to setup bur it gets expensive if 1 thing breaks.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

@GTR12 said:

I think you mean an "Gateway" or "Router"

And MOST wireless gateways/routers come with 4 LAN ports (except that stupid Google router), so you can connect your PS3 and PC with a cable if you wanted.

If you have a good modem already, then just a router will do, a gateway is an all-in-one device and if the modem part of it fails, you need to buy a completely new device, its easier to setup bur it gets expensive if 1 thing breaks.

Okay Thanks pal