Will I be able to transfer my PS3 data to 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 4

#1 Jimbowesker
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

I am in the makings of purchasing a PS4. And one of the main reasons I haven't done so yet is for fear of one thing. What will happen to my games and extras and all my data that is currently stored on my PS3. For instance, I have both seasons of The Walking Dead the game, Grand Theft Auto V along with a LOT of PS2 titles and a lot of other things that I have forked out a lot of money on. Now, I'm sure that Sony has made It to where all you have to do once purchasing PS4 is enter your PSN acct info and sign in and all your purchases will be available for download. At least I'm really hoping. I guess I am just wanting to be certain of this before I go off spending that money on one? I know I'll get one regardless but if I can keep my data I will be selling my PS3? So if anyone can answer I would be forever grateful!

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

PlayStation 4 is not backwards compatible, and does not support PlayStation 3 software. Any games you bought on PS3 will not be downloadable or playable on PS4 (with the possible future exception of PS1/2 titles from PSN - if the rumors about PS1/2 emulation coming to PS4 are true - and they might be).

Support for PS3 games on PS4 won't happen, due to the dramatic difference in hardware between the two systems.

You can use the same PSN account, of course. All content you have purchased will forever belong to your account, and you can download your games, DLC, etc, and play them again, but if you want to be able to keep playing your PS3 games, you should keep your PS3. You can always find them in your 'Download List', either from the PlayStation Store, or on the XMB via PSN > Account Management.

rgallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By rgallard
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

I sold my ps3 to go towards my ps4.

Regretted the decision. I ended up going back out and getting a ps3 again, and now I've signed up to ps+, I've amassed a nice collection of free games for my ps3. Until there's more AAA titles on the ps4, I'll still be playing my ps3 more.

As @Lhomity said, there's no backwards compatibility, so if you're that worried about your purchases, then don't sell the ps3. Wait a bit longer and save up more cash for the ps4, and maybe there'll be some decent titles out by then.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

#4 Jimbowesker
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

@Lhomity: Wow, my fears have come true. But, I am very gld I asked first an that you guys informed me of that. Thanks for the info, I know now I will b keeping my PS3.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Jimbowesker said:

I am in the makings of purchasing a PS4. And one of the main reasons I haven't done so yet is for fear of one thing. What will happen to my games and extras and all my data that is currently stored on my PS3. For instance, I have both seasons of The Walking Dead the game, Grand Theft Auto V along with a LOT of PS2 titles and a lot of other things that I have forked out a lot of money on. Now, I'm sure that Sony has made It to where all you have to do once purchasing PS4 is enter your PSN acct info and sign in and all your purchases will be available for download. At least I'm really hoping. I guess I am just wanting to be certain of this before I go off spending that money on one? I know I'll get one regardless but if I can keep my data I will be selling my PS3? So if anyone can answer I would be forever grateful!

As Lhomity has said no game content can carry over but movie and TV content from the PSN will.

lambdasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 lambdasaurus
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I don't know if my problem is the same or similar to his/her problem but I have Destiny on the PS3 and I've logged in with PSN for it, will my PSN save my data from Destiny to the PS4?

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@rgallard: Glad you got a PS3 back did you lose all your saved files, and game data? I couldn't imagine selling my PS3, I have so many games i've played on my Ps3 I would never want to lose that, just to get the new system.

rgallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rgallard
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

@medafaded: I did lose my game saves but still enjoying going through the uncharted and batman games again.

lars1253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lars1253
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey

I bought a ps4 and the New call of duty

When i bought it, i said that i had friends playing on ps3 and i'm wondering if i could play avanced warfare on ps3 if i had a code i could use on PS. Store? Does it work? If og have a code i can put in the store, can i play the game on ps3?

TidalSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TidalSquad
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

So i bought Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, GtaV, The Evil Within, Battlefield4, Injustice Gods Among Us off the ps3 and was wondering if i could re-download them on Ps4

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Locked. Please do not bump old threads.