why u still like sony?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedark_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thedark_soul
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

to me ...i think because all the good memories i had with ps1 and 2 ...i had psone when i was 10....15 when i got my ps2

and now 21 with ps3..

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
Free Online. Case and point. I'm a multiplayer gamer mostly. If a game doesn't have multiplayer- it's hard for me to like it. And I don't feel like paying an extra $60 per year AND have to pay for my internet connection.

Kojima's games also strengthened me to staying. But not as much as free online.
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts
Hardware reliability.
EliasAlucard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EliasAlucard
Member since 2003 • 736 Posts
Sony makes quality products, and Sony's consoles get all the good games.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

reliability

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts

I'm a Japanese video game addict.

BabblePhish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BabblePhish
Member since 2003 • 455 Posts

For the chicks.

Avatar image for thenycest1_b_basic
thenycest1_b_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thenycest1_b_basic
Member since 2002 • 592 Posts

1. sony brand, i'd like to like bill gates but i jus hate him for some reason, i think its because hes filthy rich.

2. if we dont support sony or stay loyal to it and jump ship to another console then thats messed up.

3. 600 for it is a steal its got EVERYTING u need.

4. its built with quality and sexiness in mind, i love it.

5. they deliver the best when they couldn't last generation and all i hear is people complaining when they deliever the most powerful console in console history to date although at a high price.

6. i dont like nintendos selection of games besides some party games and zelda.

7. i dont like 360's case, the system breakdowns, the whack rpg games. only thing i like is controller which is OKAY.

8. all love to sony. all the way. 

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
For two generation's Sony's system has had the best games and so far they are continuing the trend.
el-tope-pr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 el-tope-pr
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

well sony has great games and ive had ps1 when i was 7 years old ps2 i got it when i was bout 10 or 11 years old and now im 16 and im going to get the ps3 but i have to work cause my dad cant buy it cause my house is under construction.oh i forgot i got psp in 2005.

evospetnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 evospetnaz
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

ummm, ps3 has the best games.....

that definetely aint true

id say the reason i really like ps3 is

Killzone, and kojima games

other that that, theres not really that great of a reason

i mean personally, but im like an uber killzone fan 

MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

I happen to like spending 12 hours downloading demos, but that is just me.

-=Mike 

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
My father always said Sony products were better. He was the owner of a Video Club and always defended Betamax above VHS. I'm not a fanboy but I do think Sony products are better, sometimes their products are indeed overpriced but they're still the best out there. If you want quality you gotta pay the price for it.
thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

Sony has treate me like a customer and I couldn't be more happy about that. I am not a sheep, I'm not a tool, I'm a compensator for their products, I buy their products. They have always made sure that the end consumer gets the best deal, and that outside of it, it is quality. I'm not advocating for them, I've just never had a problem with their products.

Point is, they do something and do it well, and that's all I wanted as a gamer.

Nintendo and Sega were horrible days, I hated how consoles just "ended." And I would have to buy a new system, because no more new games were out for the system. I mean seriously, it couldn't have been selling that bad, I had money for it.  I got into the NES, boom, no more new games. Ok... Genesis looks cool... bam.... they cut new game support.

Hmm what about the PS1, with FF8 and FF7.... over 8 years later I'm still a Sony gamer.

(There was the incident where I got a N64... but by that time, no more new games, you can imagine I was pissed that the games were wayyy too expensive and hard to find now. I always give Nintendo a chance, but the N64 was the worst console for a kid. How were you supposed to know what games to get. I had like 2 games for the N64) 

I have a DS, and Wii sure, they're great, Nintendo shaped up a bit after awhile, but I can't forget that I was treated like a consumer by Sony and their products, and I'm always a little bit pissed inside on what they pulled on me.

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thedarkomen

Sony has treated me like a customer and I couldn't be more happy about that. I am not a sheep, I'm not a tool, I'm a compensator for their products, I buy their products. They have always made sure that the end consumer gets the best deal, and that outside of it, it is quality. I'm not advocating for them, I've just never had a problem with their products.

Point is, they do something and do it well, and that's all I wanted as a gamer.

Nintendo and Sega were horrible days, I hated how consoles just "ended." And I would have to buy a new system, because no more new games were out for the system. I mean seriously, it couldn't have been selling that bad, I had money for it. I got into the NES, boom, no more new games. Ok... Genesis looks cool... bam.... they cut new game support.

Hmm what about the PS1, with FF8 and FF7.... over 8 years later I'm still a Sony gamer.

(There was the incident where I got a N64... but by that time, no more new games, you can imagine I was pissed that the games were wayyy too expensive and hard to find now. I always give Nintendo a chance, but the N64 was the worst console for a kid. How were you supposed to know what games to get. I had like 2 games for the N64)

I have a DS, and Wii sure, they're great, Nintendo shaped up a bit after awhile, but I can't forget that I was treated like a consumer by Sony and their products, and I'm always a little bit pissed inside on what Nintendo pulled on me.

Flincher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flincher
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
They kept the same controller. 
You can buy exactly the amount of money you need for their store, you don't have to buy 400 more points than you need.
They use dollars not points in their store.
Free online.
The games that are exclusive to XBox are crap compared to Sony's exclusives.
God of War.  Metal Gear.  Final Fantasy.  Super Ruba Dub (OMG Awesome).
I've never hard a PS, PS2, or PS3 give me any kind of technical issues.  Even when I had my PSP, with the exception of one dead pixel it was a great device, never had any trouble with it (it was a day one PSP).
All their eggs aren't in a platforming or first person shooter basket.
They took the idea of a motion sensing controller (which was not Nintendo's idea, it has been done in arcades for a decade) and did it well.  The nunchuck on the wii is uncomfortable to use after a while, and the SIXAXIS is so natural, they took the innovation, and ran with it the right way.
Simple brand loyalty.  They've never given me a reason not to love em.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Cause I don't want a console that's like 75% Shooters.
evospetnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 evospetnaz

yea this is true, my ps1 and ps2 arent broken or anything

and ive had em forever!!!!!

and by the way FF7 was the greatest FF ever

besides ff8 

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

I like sony because A. They have always made quality video games and consoles that have so far stood the test of time and time and time over have delivered excellent gaming experiences.

B. They make lots of great movies and tv shows.

and 3. because every product i've ever bought from them, even my now 16 year old clock radio has been and still is excellent quality and works perfectly.

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rothman713

I happen to like spending 12 hours downloading demos, but that is just meMikeinSC2

I enjoy when people like ^ envy my console.

It wouldn't occur if I owned the other one.

Ouch. 

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
The company has never let me down. Even after all the crap PS3 has been through I still havent felt let down.
evospetnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 evospetnaz

ive bin let down pretty hard  i was like in love with like motorstorm until i played it

then i was like, oh not kewl, formula one is pretty dope

but i cant wait for killzone and metal gear solid 

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedarkomen

ive bin let down pretty hard i was like in love with like motorstorm until i played it

then i was like, oh not kewl, formula one is pretty dope

but i cant wait for killzone and metal gear solid

evospetnaz

Knowing what game will be worth it, takes a lot of time to understand. It's like intuition.

Just research the game you like, get an idea if it sounds cool to play, and buy it. 

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
It is the best choice.
dadeisvenm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 dadeisvenm
Member since 2003 • 1865 Posts

reliability

crck

ditto 

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rothman713

it sucked so much though cause i like dun really enjoy any of the ps3 games so far

like people were saying how great resistence is, then when i played it i was so dissapointed

like people were all halo 2 is god like blah blah blah, and personally i think that game

was horrible, halo 2 and resistence both, they kinda seemed the same, very repetative

evospetnaz

I find it hard to take you seriously when you have a Resistance banner in your profile.

And you would take Killzone (the original) over both those titles you mentioned. 

socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 socomn00b
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
The company has never let me down. Even after all the crap PS3 has been through I still havent felt let down.finalfantasy94
Agreed. I've never had a problem with consistency with Sony consoles. All the bells and whistles that come with the PS3 doesn't hurt either.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I still like Sony because Sony doesn't talk back! haha

Nah, I'm just messin around. Reliability is a big one.  

To be quite honest though, I also have nothing against the other consoles as well. It was simply my choice to go with a ps3. 

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts

I still like Sony because Sony doesn't talk back! haha

Nah, I'm just messin around. Reliability is a big one.

To be quite honest though, I also have nothing against the other consoles as well. It was simply my choice to go with a ps3.

The_Rick_14

Seriously, become a damn moderator :P

I've already stated my opinion. I just had to comment...

enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts
I like sony because: 1) Great games and a huge game library 2) Console with the most rpg games ever. 3) Consoles like 360 only have like..one rpg? *points to oblivion* and full of RTS games which I don't really find interesting. 4) Worth the money 5) Reliability 6) I've been using sony products all my life and they seldom give me problems, even in the long run.
rshake20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rshake20
Member since 2006 • 347 Posts
I like Sony because of the ps1 and the ps2.Free online play is pretty good.
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts

Sony makes quality products, and Sony's consoles get all the good games.EliasAlucard

Thats a big call..With all the xbox360 games  coming out this year.. atm no console has matched.

The thing i admire about sony is their reliability on all their products.

foxbait95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foxbait95
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

i have a ps1 that i bought day 1, still works, a ps2 day 1, works , but makes a bit of noise , and my ps3 hasnt given me any problems at all ( thats becuzz the ps3's have had an awesome break rate )

i love the exclusives

i love free online, i mean common, i just bought your system and a game , i shouldnt have to buy the right to play it online.

love metal gear , shadow of collosus, god of war 1 and 2 , and so many more games that they do.

even my original dreamcast still works

i bought a 360 , and went throught 5 of them in 4 months , they have so many issues

now they have the elite 500$, so if you have the 400$ premium system you are now outdated , but wait , the elite still has the old chipset that has issues in it, so in OCT or November when they start putting the new chipset in it you will be out of date with your current elite, and it has HDMi 1.2 ,when 1.3 is out , so if they decide to bump it up to current hdmi, your are out of date again. 500 dollars for a elite that has an old chipset with known issues and no HD drive of any sort ( i like movies ) and i cant get on the internet with it. dam all that man,

sony makes a product and sticks behind it for a long time , ps1 games where made for 10 years people , and there are still alot of ps2 games being made , i like the reliability of the systems, i know my ps3 has all the current technology and some for the future, and i wont have to upgrade every year like a pc and 360.

more bang for your buck , just waiting for the games to really start hitting.

foxbait95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxbait95
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
halo 2 wash trash my friend, one of the most over hyped games ever, so glitchy and story was weak and game play was whack, online was cool, but omg so many bugs. Halo 1 is another story tho, still not as good as half life 2 , but halo 1 was awesome.

it sucked so much though cause i like dun really enjoy any of the ps3 games so far

like people were saying how great resistence is, then when i played it i was so dissapointed

like people were all halo 2 is god like blah blah blah, and personally i think that game

was horrible, halo 2 and resistence both, they kinda seemed the same, very repetative 

evospetnaz
rogue81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rogue81
Member since 2003 • 922 Posts
I actually like all the current consoles.  I have all three, and so far I have enjoyed what they have to offer without any technical difficulties.  Really though, I'd say it's important to support competition between manufacturers.  If Sony had no competition, do you really think they'd deliver the quality they do now?  They wouldn't have a reason to.  Pick and support your favorites, and be glad Nintendo and MS are there to keep them on their toes. 
rogue81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogue81
Member since 2003 • 922 Posts
I actually like all the current consoles.  I have all three, and so far I have enjoyed what they have to offer without any technical difficulties.  Really though, I'd say it's important to support competition between manufacturers.  If Sony had no competition, do you really think they'd deliver the quality they do now?  They wouldn't have a reason to.  Pick and support your favorites, and be glad Nintendo and MS are there to keep Sony on it's toes. 
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

Because i play Ps1 Ps2 and so i like Ps3

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

What reason's do I have to not like Sony?  They've always put out quality products and I've never had a single problem with any of them, they also have top notch customer service IMO.  I think that people who hate Sony do so simply because it seems like the cool thing to do now with the console wars heating up.  

ephoenix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ephoenix6
Member since 2004 • 434 Posts
same here, and I actually got all three systems at the exact same years as you if I did the math right, but I was born on 4/5/1990 so I'm only 17
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
first and second party pwnage.
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
I like Sony because of the recent hating on Sony.  I just want to be against all those ignorant people.  Sony is the reason why we have some of the things we have now and to say "DIE SONY" means I'm gonna be against that person and support Sony.
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts
For two generation's Sony's system has had the best games and so far they are continuing the trend.Sgt_Hale
True.
fraros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fraros
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
i like sony because of: angel rings, rfom, rfom2, mgs4, 8 days, lair, ffXII, ffvXII, afrka, eyedentify, fifth phantom saga, folks soul, warhawk. gran turismo, f1 racing, GOW3, killzone, heavenly sword, jak and daxter, uncharted: drakes fortune, ratchet and clank, ninja gaiden, shin magami tensei, singstar, monster hunter3, little big planet, motorstorm, tekken 6, wipeout, ff7 remake, wardevil, white knight story, shadow of colossus, socom 4, sly 4, ZOE 3, monster carnival, maki wars, heavy rain, silent hill, iron maiden, eye of judgement, driver, the getaway, l.a. noire, black blade and all of the untitled exclusive projects the quality of the console is unprecedented which is good cause i don't want to buy the same console three times because of the red ring of death and i trust the people at sony they all seem to put the consumer in mind when designing products and are really devoted to videogames
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

The question is, why wouldn't I like Sony? I've been using Sony products for years--even before I was much into gaming I had Sony headphones, stereo, CD changer, etc. Only once have I gotten a product from them that I was let down by (a portable CD player, if you were wondering). The rest have been excellent. Hell, I still have a Sony portable radio that I must have had for at least ten years now--and it still works perfectly. So do my PS2 and my PS1. They make quality products, and I love them for it.

Doesn't mean I don't like the other consoles, though. They've all got their good and bad points, and eventually I plan on owning all three.

ybutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#47 ybutton
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts
hah me too
ybutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#48 ybutton
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts
reliability, and to step on some nintendo fanboy's toes innovation- eye toy? bacwards compatibility? they almost had the modern controller with the dual shock 5 years before microsoft and nintendo's gamecube
deepankar_arya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deepankar_arya
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts
Because Sony is like.no.other
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
TC I'm not calling you a fan boy but I like Sony because I'm not not a fan boy I'm a gamer