Why the decline in PSP games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OhMandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 OhMandy
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

I've noticed the "Coming Soon" sections for the PSP are getting ridiculously small, a fraction of other systems - even to the point of being the sole system missing out on certain titles. Has sony given any indication of why this is? Is the lack-luster showing of titles for a reason? Is a new handheld on the horizon?

DevilMayCry135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DevilMayCry135
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost game
OhMandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OhMandy
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
What's an ISO?
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
developers are slow to announce stuff, there are a bunch of games coming out for the psp. just look at square announcing a bunch of games, ff13, dissigia, kingdom hearts, parasite eve. more developer are lightly to follow.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

He means that people use CFW and pirate games, so Developers don't see the point in making games for the system when they won't get money from them.

I personally think that there isn't a decline, it's just that PSP games come in bursts, wiith some waiting time inbetween each burst. If you look at all the games coming out for the PSP soon, like SWTFU, Kingdom Hearts, and N+, you'll see that that while right now there isn't alot of games, in a short time there will be.

DevilMayCry135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DevilMayCry135
What's an ISO?OhMandy
ISO is umd disk Mirror
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
if it wasn't for hackers and stuff the psp would have much more games, oh wel its still a great thing
toknoy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 toknoy05
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i admit that i rather download games than buy a UMD :|

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost gameDevilMayCry135

then how come the DS is getting more games ? i mean as far as i know the DS is cracked too :?

DevilMayCry135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DevilMayCry135

[QUOTE="DevilMayCry135"]because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost gamefinalstar2007

then how come the DS is getting more games ? i mean as far as i know the DS is cracked too :?

because game company make ds game cost little money
pukmok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pukmok
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts

because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost gameDevilMayCry135

Hey I pay for my games then use rip my own iso. I also think its illegal eventhough its ethically okay. The company got its money and my game uses less power.

pukmok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pukmok
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="DevilMayCry135"]because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost gameDevilMayCry135

because game company make ds game cost little money

No its because 12 year old girls dont know how to hack the DS.

arcticf0x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 arcticf0x8
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
There will be more games. If I know Sony they will use the PSP like they used the PS2.
destinyDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 destinyDemon
Member since 2008 • 603 Posts

well they could just make a update like nintendo to stop hacking the games and stuff but otherwise lets download the games the bad thing about the games downloaded are some are so big you nedd like 10 memery sticks for the games you want

knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilMayCry135"]because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost gamefinalstar2007

It is, but you need additional items, psp it already comes with the memory card, meaning theres really nothing extra too buy. It's a shame actually, all this piracy these days. If they keep it up, theres won't be any games for them to pirate. Well hopefully psp will make a comeback. There are games coming.

Shullian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shullian
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="DevilMayCry135"]because PSP system are cracked many people play game by ISO insted of buy UMD so the game company be not willing to make high cost gameknightfire35

It is, but you need additional items, psp it already comes with the memory card, meaning theres really nothing extra too buy. It's a shame actually, all this piracy these days. If they keep it up, theres won't be any games for them to pirate. Well hopefully psp will make a comeback. There are games coming.

Iso's arent aloud to be talked about, but if you want info just google it. While piracy is sad theres not much we could do about it. They download games takeing away companys profits and makeing less games availble due to lost funds and that hurts the people who pay for their games like me. and the ds is makeing more money due to sales... its cheaper.... easy to pick up.... and if you want to hack it it takes more effort than useing simple materials.... i wont get to detailed on this subject in fear they will bann my account but ya there ya go

Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts

i admit that i rather download games than buy a UMD :|

toknoy05

I would too if i knew how to do it..