Why Should I Wait For E3 To Buy A PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BoozDigi
Member since 2009 • 279 Posts

Due to all the hype, and rumors about a new, slim, or possible price drop on the PS3. I returned my PS3 that i brought recently and got a full refund. I figured that maybe it would be worth it to see what gets revealed at E3, as far as the PS3 goes. Anyone know of any more news about these rumors of the pirce drops, and the slim PS3? Is it better to buy a PS3 after E3..?

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Due to all the hype, and rumors about a new, slim, or possible price drop on the PS3. I returned my PS3 that i brought recently and got a full refund. I figured that maybe it would be worth it to see what gets revealed at E3, as far as the PS3 goes. Anyone know of any more news about these rumors of the pirce drops, and the slim PS3? Is it better to buy a PS3 after E3..?

BoozDigi
A price drop is way more likely than a ps3 slim.....you sold your ps3 based on rumors? Dude r u ok?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It makes sense to wait for E3, yes. It's likely the slim model will be announced, my guess is for $300.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="BoozDigi"]

A price drop is way more likely than a ps3 slim.....you sold your ps3 based on rumors? Dude r u ok?

Actually they are both just as likely, because the only way Sony will be able to reasonably lower the price of the PS3 and not lose their ***es is to make the PS3 cheaper to manufacture a la PS3 slim. A price drop would be the only thing to keep me waiting until after E3, because there is already tons of great reasons to buy a PS3 regardless of the price. I just can't believe TC took the one he already had back. I'd just go with what I got once I got it, ya got that? lol
BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BoozDigi
[QUOTE="BoozDigi"]

bsman00

Yeah, i just got it, and i returned back to amazon for a full refund. I figured ill just buy it again after E3, maybe for the new price, hoping 300$.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

e3 is like a week away, it would be stupid not to wait..

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoozDigi
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="BoozDigi"]

Actually they are both just as likely, because the only way Sony will be able to reasonably lower the price of the PS3 and not lose their ***es is to make the PS3 cheaper to manufacture a la PS3 slim. A price drop would be the only thing to keep me waiting until after E3, because there is already tons of great reasons to buy a PS3 regardless of the price. I just can't believe TC took the one he already had back. I'd just go with what I got once I got it, ya got that? lol

Lol i guess ya got a point..but hey why not send it back. I might buy the cheaper version, if any, and spend the remaining on some new exclusives. Risk im willing to take...
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="bsman00"] A price drop is way more likely than a ps3 slim.....you sold your ps3 based on rumors? Dude r u ok?BoozDigi

Lol i guess ya got a point..but hey why not send it back. I might buy the cheaper version, if any, and spend the remaining on some new exclusives. Risk im willing to take...

Na, that's cool man. As long as you're willing to wait. It may have been a pretty smart decision after all. Only E3 will tell....
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Well hopefully there will be a price drop so you can re-buy one and enjoy some of the games that are coming out soon.

brummydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 brummydude
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
I think Sony is going to own E3 but due to the games, not a price drop or slim version. Plus the games wont come out for a while. So i reckon you've waisted your time, but hopefully Im wrong. Anything cheaper is a good thing
shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

i think i read on other threads theres gunna be a price drop...

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoozDigi
I hope something happens. I really do miss the PS3...lol...either way i dont mind re ordering the 80gb model if neither of the 2 happens...
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaughtyRag

shhbob
they have to drop the price $100.. in the month of april the ps2 out sold the ps3.. which goes to show that people are avoiding buying the console due to the price.. if they don't lower the price at e3 they have to cut their loses and get out of the gaming business because how much the ps3 has lost them so far.. i can't believe sony is this dumb to let it get this far.. they were hoping kz2 and a few other exclusives were going to move some consoles which it didn't..
BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BoozDigi
Wow...i always read the article, etc...but never really knew how much sony was effected by the sales. Its a shame from the time i had the ps3 i really enjoyed it. So much so i sent it back in hopes to buy it for a cheaper price :/ but seriously i think its well worth the 400$. I think i ready in previous articles though that the ps3's sales have been improving, and that the xbox 360 was lossing in the sales department. Maybe im wrong..
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaughtyRag
[QUOTE="BoozDigi"]Wow...i always read the article, etc...but never really knew how much sony was effected by the sales. Its a shame from the time i had the ps3 i really enjoyed it. So much so i sent it back in hopes to buy it for a cheaper price :/ but seriously i think its well worth the 400$. I think i ready in previous articles though that the ps3's sales have been improving, and that the xbox 360 was lossing in the sales department. Maybe im wrong..

the xbox sales are still better.. and the wii which was projected (when it was announced) to not do good.. but that is not the case, the wii is dominating the market pretty much out selling the ps3 and xbox combined.. if sony doesn't lower the price to boost sales and get over the hump,.. it is well projected that sony will just abandon..
shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

[QUOTE="shhbob"]

NaughtyRag

they have to drop the price $100.. in the month of april the ps2 out sold the ps3.. which goes to show that people are avoiding buying the console due to the price.. if they don't lower the price at e3 they have to cut their loses and get out of the gaming business because how much the ps3 has lost them so far.. i can't believe sony is this dumb to let it get this far.. they were hoping kz2 and a few other exclusives were going to move some consoles which it didn't..

o right kk didnt no know that...

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Im waiting for E3 as well. Hopefully the price drop will take effect immediately.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

BoozDigi

well, you've assumed the rumors were true and already returned your ps3 with the hope of a future price cut at/after E3, so you might as well see your plan to the end. and if there will be no price cut you can always get a ps3 for the price you've paid before.

just wait and see;I hope the "potential" savings you may get are worth the wait.

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

[QUOTE="BoozDigi"]Wow...i always read the article, etc...but never really knew how much sony was effected by the sales. Its a shame from the time i had the ps3 i really enjoyed it. So much so i sent it back in hopes to buy it for a cheaper price :/ but seriously i think its well worth the 400$. I think i ready in previous articles though that the ps3's sales have been improving, and that the xbox 360 was lossing in the sales department. Maybe im wrong..NaughtyRag
the xbox sales are still better.. and the wii which was projected (when it was announced) to not do good.. but that is not the case, the wii is dominating the market pretty much out selling the ps3 and xbox combined.. if sony doesn't lower the price to boost sales and get over the hump,.. it is well projected that sony will just abandon..

Sony not going out of business, they aren't jus a gaming company and they are making profits from other things they are marketing such as TV's and cameras. They've been in this business a long time, and every company has their slumps. This is a recession and the PS3 isn't going to kill them because they recovered from much worse (Beta-Max). Besides maybe a price drop will happen and the exclusives for this system keep getting better and better. Your just a pessimistic and cynical.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaughtyRag

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"][QUOTE="BoozDigi"]Wow...i always read the article, etc...but never really knew how much sony was effected by the sales. Its a shame from the time i had the ps3 i really enjoyed it. So much so i sent it back in hopes to buy it for a cheaper price :/ but seriously i think its well worth the 400$. I think i ready in previous articles though that the ps3's sales have been improving, and that the xbox 360 was lossing in the sales department. Maybe im wrong..The_Unknown_B

Sony not going out of business, they aren't jus a gaming company and they are making profits from other things they are marketing such as TV's and cameras. They've been in this business a long time, and every company has their slumps. This is a recession and the PS3 isn't going to kill them because they recovered from much worse (Beta-Max). Besides maybe a price drop will happen and the exclusives for this system keep getting better and better. Your just a pessimistic and cynical.

well if you read articles and saw the sales you would see.. i never said sony is going out of business, but they aren't going to keep a product that is making them lose tons of money.. if they don't make money soon it is highly PROJECTED that they will drop the ps3.. and since they tried dropping the price by getting rid of one of the selling points backwards compatibility - that failed.. then they were hoping exclusives would move consoles which it didn't.. the only card they have left is reducing the price by $100.. a card that they should have played a while ago.. blu-ray isn't selling the system since cheap blu-ray players can be found, the ps3 is out of options..
The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Unknown_B"]

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"] the xbox sales are still better.. and the wii which was projected (when it was announced) to not do good.. but that is not the case, the wii is dominating the market pretty much out selling the ps3 and xbox combined.. if sony doesn't lower the price to boost sales and get over the hump,.. it is well projected that sony will just abandon.. NaughtyRag

well if you read articles and saw the sales you would see.. i never said sony is going out of business, but they aren't going to keep a product that is making them lose tons of money.. if they don't make money soon it is highly PROJECTED that they will drop the ps3.. and since they tried dropping the price by getting rid of one of the selling points backwards compatibility - that failed.. then they were hoping exclusives would move consoles which it didn't.. the only card they have left is reducing the price by $100.. a card that they should have played a while ago.. blu-ray isn't selling the system since cheap blu-ray players can be found, the ps3 is out of options..

that is true, but gaming business is much more "unethical" then practial business. The only reason why the dreamcast went away because sega did a lot of bad dealings that pluck them way over the hole. Sony isn't in as bad of shape as the dreamcast was, the system is still steadily moving month by month and you can't jus count N.America either, its doing well practically all over the world but here. If sony had a better marketing stragey things would probably be better. I own the Xbox and PS3, but i can say i paid more for the xbox(334$ system, $100 wi fi, 50$ internet to play, 20$ batteries, and 10$ bucks for a charger.) if sony would market these thing to the public i dont know it well help but i feel it will justify the price. Cutting the cost would be good for us, but bad for business. by the way im on my 3rd Xbox, that broken system is most likely why consoles for the xbox are being moved.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaughtyRag

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"][QUOTE="The_Unknown_B"]

The_Unknown_B

that is true, but gaming business is much more "unethical" then practial business. The only reason why the dreamcast went away because sega did a lot of bad dealings that pluck them way over the hole. Sony isn't in as bad of shape as the dreamcast was, the system is still steadily moving month by month and you can't jus count N.America either, its doing well practically all over the world but here. If sony had a better marketing stragey things would probably be better. I own the Xbox and PS3, but i can say i paid more for the xbox(334$ system, $100 wi fi, 50$ internet to play, 20$ batteries, and 10$ bucks for a charger.) if sony would market these thing to the public i dont know it well help but i feel it will justify the price. Cutting the cost would be good for us, but bad for business.

see reducing the price would boost sales. people like the tc who sold their systems for whatever reason, have one thing in common they are waiting for a price drop to buy back.. people who only have the ps2 which through the sales of the last few months outsold the ps3 are waiting for a price drop.. people who have an xbox and wii and want a ps3 are waiting for a price drop.. there are tons of people waiting for a price drop to get a ps3.. dropping the price to at least double sales takes them out of the hole.. that is business 101.. when you have gamers complaining about the price that is one thing, but when analysts who are paid and trained to review figures say that if the ps3 doesn't reduce the price then sony has no business skills (my words), that is something entirely different.. people don't say hey this system is going to break X amount of times, with costs to fix the ps3 is a better deal.. that isn't the way it works.. expect sony to reduce the price at e3 and if it doesn't happen expect it to get much worse..

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BoozDigi
Very informative guys...hm im wondering if its even worth getting a ps3 now...in the future there might not even be a ps3...
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

That's what I am doing. I am waiting on E3 to see if there is not only a price drop, but to also see if this new "slim" version is real or not. I want the slim version. I almost replaced my stolen PS3 on March 1st, but got wind of a price drop and have been holding off ever since. If there is no price drop at E3, then I guess I will finally get one. I have no problem waiting. I am a PC gamer, so my PC more than holds me over until I do get one, plus it's not like the games are going anywhere. They will still be there for me to buy once I do get my PS3.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NaughtyRag

it's worth it if there is a price drop..

when you're losing money and you don't do the one thing to boost revenue, that has be proven to work through gaming years which is a price drop, you're going to still be losing money..

there is going to be a point in time when the phrase "enough is enough" will be said..

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Will everyone stop acting like the PS3 will be the next dreamcast. Sega failed with that because they lost the trust of a lot of gamers with the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn, plus the launch was a bit screwy. Most people got turned off from the system and Sega ran out of money since most of their hardware did not do well. Sony screwed up at the beginning of the PS3 launch with a high price and limited amount of games to play. The only thing people don't realize is that the PS3 is a lot better than what it was. It's not even that much more expensive than the 360, it's like $50 more and it can do quite a bit more as far as multimedia goes.You can copy media from a flash drive, and other things.Plus you have to pay every year for online, so that $300 quickly turns to $400 and more within one year of having a 360. This whole "price" thing is thrown out the window pretty easily. There is enough games on the system to warrant a purchase. If people want to miss out on some cool games because they are worried about saving $50 in the short term, then fine go ahead, if you can only spend enough to get the Arcade 360, then you might as well not even own a current gen console. I am not saying the PS3 is the ultimate system, but it deserves more credit then it gets.

Just because a console has "more games" doesn't make it the better one. Look at the Wii, it has sigficantly more than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but overall I would say that the quality of titles is about equal across the board. Everybody lives in the same economy and there are people who don't have a lot who still manage to get a PS3, so I don't want to hear about how people can't buy one because "it's too expensive", then turn around and yell at the company for taking out something to make the system cheaper. You can't get every bell and whistle for $10, it just doesn't work that way. If you want premium package you have to pay just like with internet or TV.

dok_dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 dok_dx
Member since 2005 • 2380 Posts

Very informative guys...hm im wondering if its even worth getting a ps3 now...in the future there might not even be a ps3...BoozDigi

In the future there won't be an Xbox 360 or a Wii as well.

Look, I doubt there'll be a price drop (b/c Sony is still selling the PS3 at a loss b/c they haven't re-coup the development cost.) although I hope there will be. As for the PS3 slim... It might be a prototype that might or might not make the cut when or if it happens. For those who are referring to an article that an analyst at an investment firm (who is not an expert by any means in the gaming industry. He predicted a price drop 3 times in 2 years so far. Yeah, I read the article on Bloomberg.com a while back), his projections of the PS3 demises is based on consumer electronics's business model. And although Gaming Consoles are in that category, it's limited market competition (the PS3 is not a HDTV or a digital camera.), i.e., there are only 4 types (this including the PS2 of course) of home consoles, the risk to shrinking or stagnant market share due to the downward pressures of a global recession are well within any long term profit projection that Sony has publicly announced, i.e., the 10 year plan. Moreover, for Sony the PS2 sales are virtually pure profit, which mitigates the PS3 losses. The PS3 will be here for a while and I would bet that MS would come out with the next gen consoles (a form of cloud computing like OnLive) before Sony.

Oh.... Good Luck to you BoozDig. I hope there will be a price drop for you so you can buy more games.

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BoozDigi
Yeah me too...if not, im still gonna get the PS3...:)
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NaughtyRag

very true, i wasn't referring to that article, solely based on the ridiculous amount of times he has stated that the ps3 was going to go away.. the fact of the matter is that the ps3 was prematurely launched.. that is proven by the lack of good games, developers not taking advantage of the system, and that the ps2 fan base, even taking out the fact that the ps2 outsold the ps3 last month..

when you have a $400+ console and only want it for gaming.. blu-ray is not a factor for A - you don't care about movies and B - games aren't taking full advantage of it.. not to mention all the other non gaming related features.. you can't justify that price..

should a price drop happen from sony's perspective - absolutely

will the price drop happen - likely

can the ps3 live without it - sure

the ps3 is being outsold by not only it's competitors but it's last generation and the price is almost entirely the reason why.. there is no reason why they shouldn't reduce the price.. the exclusives aren't selling the system, the non gaming features aren't selling the system..

if sony as a whole is gong to back up how much the ps3 has already lost them, then there is no reason why they shouldn't risk more for potentially a huge payoff..

oh and by me saying that sony should get out of the gaming business, was more of if your going to act stupid then just leave.. i was in no way comparing it to past consoles like people have said "sega"..

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Unknown_B"]

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"] the xbox sales are still better.. and the wii which was projected (when it was announced) to not do good.. but that is not the case, the wii is dominating the market pretty much out selling the ps3 and xbox combined.. if sony doesn't lower the price to boost sales and get over the hump,.. it is well projected that sony will just abandon.. NaughtyRag

What a obscure theory.

Since when does 23 Million sold units in two and half years (which is a year after other console came out) not making money? On top of that with 400$ price point..

In this recession, every company loses money but it's not the PS3 that is not doing the revenues, on contrary PSP and PS3 do bring the income. There is logical reason to drop PS3 production unless the system does not sell at all every month, which by the way is quite the opposite. NPD do not equal world sales, only American.

Month after month PS3 sells in greater numbers when you combine world sales, Japan, Europe, America, Asia etc.

PS3 exclusives did nothing you say? You do understand we had only one major epic exclusive that was released so far and it sold over 5 Million, Metal Gear Solid.. we don't even have the rest. Should I name them? Every PlayStation owner that was with the system since PS1, PS2 will tell you that our exclusive big hits have just started to show themselves.

I won't go into arguments since this isn't system wars my friend but you can't really state such accusations..

Blu-ray is on the rise as well. It got cheaper, renting stores already drooped prices. Blu-ray is new video format and it's not going anywhere for next 5 years at least until new format is announced, that's a natural progression.

I full expect at E3 that PS3 will drop price, or new version of the console will be introduced that will cost less, that's also natural but in no way, shape or form is PS3 production stopping... that's more then reckless statement.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"][QUOTE="The_Unknown_B"]

Sokol4ever

What a obscure theory.

Since when does 23 Million sold units in two and half years (which is a year after other console came out) not making money? On top of that with 400$ price point..

In this recession, every company loses money but it's not the PS3 that is not doing the revenues, on contrary PSP and PS3 do bring the income. There is logical reason to drop PS3 production unless the system does not sell at all every month, which by the way is quite the opposite. NPD do not equal world sales, only American.

Month after month PS3 sells in greater numbers when you combine world sales, Japan, Europe, America, Asia etc.

PS3 exclusives did nothing you say? You do understand we had only one major epic exclusive that was released so far and it sold over 5 Million, Metal Gear Solid.. we don't even have the rest. Should I name them? Every PlayStation owner that was with the system since PS1, PS2 will tell you that our exclusive big hits have just started to show themselves.

I won't go into arguments since this isn't system wars my friend but you can't really state such accusations..

Blu-ray is on the rise as well. It got cheaper, renting stores already drooped prices. Blu-ray is new video format and it's not going anywhere for next 5 years at least until new format is announced, that's a natural progression.

I full expect at E3 that PS3 will drop price, or new version of the console will be introduced that will cost less, that's also natural but in no way, shape or form is PS3 production stopping... that's more then reckless statement.

i think hes wrong to but to say the ps3 is reaching it full potential would be wrong, at this point its just stupid for them not to drop the price. its the best thing they can do to get more units out there, which is what they need to do at this point. look its not like they're on life support or doing poorly there doing fine, but i think everyone out there agrees a price drop would be the biggest way to boost ps3 sales above any exclusive games or things like home or free psn. there only handicapping themselves with the price tag. i do disagree about blu ray its not a selling point and theres not clear indication if it will be the next format its just a bad timing. hdtv sales are declining if it eventually does become the next format its gonna take a while and be a very hard battle. i would wait for a price drop it is inevitable.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sokol4ever

very true, i wasn't referring to that article, solely based on the ridiculous amount of times he has stated that the ps3 was going to go away.. the fact of the matter is that the ps3 was prematurely launched.. that is proven by the lack of good games, developers not taking advantage of the system, and that the ps2 fan base, even taking out the fact that the ps2 outsold the ps3 last month..

when you have a $400+ console and only want it for gaming.. blu-ray is not a factor for A - you don't care about movies and B - games aren't taking full advantage of it.. not to mention all the other non gaming related features.. you can't justify that price..

should a price drop happen from sony's perspective - absolutely

will the price drop happen - likely

can the ps3 live without it - sure

the ps3 is being outsold by not only it's competitors but it's last generation and the price is almost entirely the reason why.. there is no reason why they shouldn't reduce the price.. the exclusives aren't selling the system, the non gaming features aren't selling the system..

if sony as a whole is gong to back up how much the ps3 has already lost them, then there is no reason why they shouldn't risk more for potentially a huge payoff..

oh and by me saying that sony should get out of the gaming business, was more of if your going to act stupid then just leave.. i was in no way comparing it to past consoles like people have said "sega"..

NaughtyRag

Few good points, however PS2 outselling isn't because of PS3 price point.

Do you know how many PS2 owners are there? There is a reason why they aren't moving out as of yet, remember PS1, PS2 are Japanese consoles, PlayStation JRPG's gamers are in ridiculous amount. I personally have quite a few work buddies who still wait for next gen proper JRPG's, however recent Persona 3 and Persona 4 and just released Devil Summoner 2 for 99$ system is hard to beat.

You do remember that PS2 was outselling xbox 360 though the whole first year? PS2 era was were everyone gamed on mate, only now it's starting to decline slowly.

There is a reason why there over 120 Million PS2 users. There were specific games that gathered that audience.

XBoX 360 as well as PS3 have yet to give those gamers the games they spend last 6 years with. Watch what happens when both Final Fantasy XIII arrive, new ICO title, White Knight Chronicles is doing superb in Japan as does Demon's Soul. Remember just few weeks ago what a simple demo of FFXIII did? It sold more then any freaking game for almost full month.

It's true, 400$ does not help however, the tech used in PS3 justifies it's price agree or disagree with it makes no difference. You say, I only care about gaming, I don't care about movies.

Well, you're in minority market bud. You're telling me those who had PS2 didn't used DVD-Drive to play movies? It's a same situations with PS3. Once the price drops to more affordable aspect, more gamers will utilise Blu-ray as movies will get cheaper.

It's basically a repeating cyrcle.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NaughtyRag

did you read my other posts, not like it matters..

fighting opinions with opinions gets nowhere..

you are right the ps3 exclusives just now are coming into form which justifies why i believe the ps3 was prematurely launched..

it's okay if you believe what i said was some obscure theory.. but the reasoning behind my allegations are solid ones.. and not some dreamt up ones, that i decided to post out of sheer boredom..

also according to the sales sony is losing money on the ps3.. that's why they laid people off a while ago..

now we could literally go all day, back and forth debating this.. or we could just wait for e3.. then come back and say "i told you so"..

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sokol4ever

you are right the ps3 exclusives just now are coming into form which justifies why i believe the ps3 was prematurely launched..

it's okay if you believe what i said was some obscure theory.. but the reasoning behind my allegations are solid ones.. and not some dreamt up ones, that i decided to post out of sheer boredom..

also according to the sales sony is losing money on the ps3.. that's why they laid people off a while ago..

now we could literally go all day, back and forth debating this.. or we could just wait for e3.. then come back and say "i told you so"..

NaughtyRag

There is no need for us to fight, after all this are games are consoles we're talking about. We're all gamers and wish to enjoy them more then anything.

I just happen not to agree with few points you made mate.

Time will indeed tell. ;)

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaughtyRag

plus you type faster then me lol

what i was saying is a person bought the ps3 for gaming.. the non gaming aspects are a bonus.. so the people who haven't bought the console yet, are waiting for a price drop.. a price drop that sony owes to themselves to do.. i'm sure each ps3 owner knows a few people that are waiting for a price drop to buy the console.. or maybe they are waiting themselves to buy another..

for sony to not do this seems like business stupidity.. the ps3 is dead last and the ps2 is ahead of them.. and that could be because the newer ps3's don't have backwards compatibility so consumers went and bought a cheap ps2 to play ps2 games.. it could be because they want a ps3 price drop that is all assumptions..

but it is a fact (based on past price drops on consoles) a price drop will boost sales dramatically...

dok_dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dok_dx

NaughtyRag

I respect your view point and you do have some sound reasoning. However I would have to disagree. When the 360 first came out, it took 2 years or so to create the large library of games it has now. If anything MS made the gamble work to get a head start and grab market share first. The PS3 sales are lagging b/c of the price point and their library. However, the game line up for the PS3 this year is looking very good for Sony. Currently, I'm only looking forward to (exclusives) Mass Effect 2 for the 360, but Sony has Uncharted 2, GoW3, and Infamous. During this gen cycle it's the exclusives that are going to sell systems. We'll see if 360 answers them. Give me Halo4 I'll buy it! LOL!

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sokol4ever

Absolutely agree, I'm all for the price drop!

You think I was happy to slap down 699$ for 60GB PS3 in December 2007? Heck no..

But I'm an early adopter and haven't regretted. Unfortunately it took me me 6 months to get HDTV.. 8)

All I want are good games, everything else is simple opinionated philosophy.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NaughtyRag

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

dok_dx

I respect your view point and you do have some sound reasoning. However I would have to disagree. When the 360 first came out, it took 2 years or so to create the large library of games it has now. If anything MS made the gamble work to get a head start and grab market share first. The PS3 sales are lagging b/c of the price point and their library. However, the game line up for the PS3 this year is looking very good for Sony. Currently, I'm only looking forward to (exclusives) Mass Effect 2 for the 360, but Sony has Uncharted 2, GoW3, and Infamous. During this gen cycle it's the exclusives that are going to sell systems. We'll see if 360 answers them. Give me Halo4 I'll buy it! LOL!

that's the point.. just now is the ps3 looking reasonable.. to make even the skeptical consumers feel better would be by reducing the price, there is no reason not to.. the ps2 is in the 9th year of the 10 year cycle.. if there was no ps3, and they allowed game developers time to get use to the ps3.. while only having the ps2 on the market.. the first few years of the ps3 life wouldn't have felt so dry.. and the confidence shown in the ps2, it doesn't seem that unreasonable ps2 vs the 360.. it could have held it's own for 2-3 years.. while the ps3 had more work put into itself..
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NaughtyRag

Absolutely agree, I'm all for the price drop!

You think I was happy to slap down 699$ for 60GB PS3 in December 2007? Heck no..

But I'm an early adopter and haven't regretted. Unfortunately it took me me 6 months to get HDTV.. 8)

All I want are good games, everything else is simple opinionated philosophy.

Sokol4ever
i as well and if it wasn't for fall of man i would been the worlds most pissed off gamer.. i played all the launch titles and felt sick to my stomach for shelling out the cash.. actually played every game up to cod4..
SquareRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 SquareRocks
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

If they do drop the price, I might end up getting one this summer so that I won't be lost without a ps3 when my brother moves out ;)

dok_dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dok_dx

[QUOTE="dok_dx"]

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

NaughtyRag

that's the point.. just now is the ps3 looking reasonable.. to make even the skeptical consumers feel better would be by reducing the price, there is no reason not to.. the ps2 is in the 9th year of the 10 year cycle.. if there was no ps3, and they allowed game developers time to get use to the ps3.. while only having the ps2 on the market.. the first few years of the ps3 life wouldn't have felt so dry.. and the confidence shown in the ps2, it doesn't seem that unreasonable ps2 vs the 360.. it could have held it's own for 2-3 years.. while the ps3 had more work put into itself..

The PS3 didn't need to be developed more. If anything the 360 with it's initial 30% failure rate did. They had to extend the warranty to 3 years b/c of it and lost money on the system the first 2 years. The problem with Sony was the Development kits and their lack of support for most 3rd party dev. Sure they gave support to Insomniac and Naughty Dog, but EA no, Saga no, Take 2 (except Rockstar) no. Now they are. You have to also take into account that it's new technology, i.e., Cell chip which has an architecture that no one has ever seen before. Also most people forget, it took PS2 about 2 years into it's life before it started to get better.

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BoozDigi

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"][QUOTE="dok_dx"]

dok_dx

The PS3 didn't need to be developed more. If anything the 360 with it's initial 30% failure rate did. They had to extend the warranty to 3 years b/c of it and lost money on the system the first 2 years. The problem with Sony was the Development kits and their lack of support for most 3rd party dev. Sure they gave support to Insomniac and Naughty Dog, but EA no, Saga no, Take 2 (except Rockstar) no. Now they are. You have to also take into account that it's new technology, i.e., Cell chip which has an architecture that no one has ever seen before. Also most people forget, it took PS2 about 2 years into it's life before it started to get better.

yeah thats true, and the PS2 had those disc read error's, which i personally experienced, but still, as we know, the ps2 did, and still is doing outstanding.
e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 e_stone001
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts

Will everyone stop acting like the PS3 will be the next dreamcast. Sega failed with that because they lost the trust of a lot of gamers with the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn, plus the launch was a bit screwy. Most people got turned off from the system and Sega ran out of money since most of their hardware did not do well. Sony screwed up at the beginning of the PS3 launch with a high price and limited amount of games to play. The only thing people don't realize is that the PS3 is a lot better than what it was. It's not even that much more expensive than the 360, it's like $50 more and it can do quite a bit more as far as multimedia goes.You can copy media from a flash drive, and other things.Plus you have to pay every year for online, so that $300 quickly turns to $400 and more within one year of having a 360. This whole "price" thing is thrown out the window pretty easily. There is enough games on the system to warrant a purchase. If people want to miss out on some cool games because they are worried about saving $50 in the short term, then fine go ahead, if you can only spend enough to get the Arcade 360, then you might as well not even own a current gen console. I am not saying the PS3 is the ultimate system, but it deserves more credit then it gets.

Just because a console has "more games" doesn't make it the better one. Look at the Wii, it has sigficantly more than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but overall I would say that the quality of titles is about equal across the board. Everybody lives in the same economy and there are people who don't have a lot who still manage to get a PS3, so I don't want to hear about how people can't buy one because "it's too expensive", then turn around and yell at the company for taking out something to make the system cheaper. You can't get every bell and whistle for $10, it just doesn't work that way. If you want premium package you have to pay just like with internet or TV.

gamenerd15
That was a well put fact that you just stated. Many people are always complaining why Sony might drop out the gaming biz if they don't drop the price of the PS3. It's blasphemy. Sony is still making profits on it and while it may be in 3rd place right now, doesn't mean it's done for. M$ had the 360 a year out before PS3 and all I hear from people is that it has more games, well duh, it's been out a year longer, so that's a stupid reason. When E3 comes and Sony does announce a price cut for the PS3, many people will go out and buy one, but if they strip out one unique feature to make it cheap, watch people are going to complain about it, besides, what's wrong with owning a PS3 right now when games like inFamous which is coming out next week is a AAA exclusive, Uncharted 2, GOW3, and many more along with the previous titles that are worth looking into? This gen of gaming is messed up and really needs to go back towards it's normal roots when it comes down towards the quality if you ask me. PSN-ID: trapper12 Now Playing: BioShock, Zen Pinball, Killzone 2 I AM THE TRAP!!!