This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chillin_penguin
chillin_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chillin_penguin
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

The time has come for me to buy either the ps3 or the xbox 360 and i really cant make my mind up so i thought id ask people who already have the ps3. so my question is what made u choose the ps3 over the xbox 360???

Thanks

Penguin 

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

ive played all systems but i chose a 360 before anything else.

i was a happy camper who thought he missed to faulty 360's boy was i wrong, now a year later im stuck with a faulty one and im goin to trade it in, maybe for a ps3, thing is, what about all my lovely games! ill get nothing for them, dude theres been so many faulty there even getting an investigation onto mass faulty hardware claim, go with ps3, for safety, ive heard nothing compared to the 360s problems, and there games will get better, i wish i waited now :( 

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

I only bought a PS3 because i had the 360 already. 

Honest answer.

chillin_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chillin_penguin
lol that is a honest answer and can u honestly tell me wats the main differences between the 2 and in YOUR opinion what is better keeping in mind the price of the ps3
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts

well i have played all the systems and i like what MS, Ninty, and Sony all brought to the table each one has its stregnths and its weakness. I havent purchased one yet but I am getting a PS3 for several reasons.  most of my friends have a wii or a 360 so if i want to play them i can just go over there. Ps3 has a whole lot more capabilities and i honestly believe its a steal for the price. Blu-Ray seems to be owning HD-DVD, the PS3 is a PS1, PS2, PS3. you can run YDL and download VLC media player to play AVI or whatever, you can emulate other OS like XP and play PC games it is hard to do but you gam you will need to probablly upgrade its HD. the PS3 can do so much its potential is uncanny. eventually it will have a great gamming library so it pretty much is the system for me

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

My reason was a very simple one.... MGS4 was the reason why I brought my PS3. I doubt this will help to decide whether or not to get a PS3. :P

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

Well the games I'm looking really forward to are ps3 exclusives. Even if they weren't, I'd probably still go with the PS3 for it's bluray player. I watch a lot of movies, so the bluray player was a must-have for me. And bluray will be good for future games too, since they'll need the extra space.

It also helps that the ps3 isn't as faulty as the 360.

envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

I bought my PS3 because I've had my PS2 since it 1st arrived so I know it's time to retire him.  On top of that reason, I thoroughly enjoy movies & having the Blu-Ray Player in the PS3 was a great plus for me!  On top of that, being compatible with the PS1 & PS2 games was another reason!  Last reason, Final Fantasy XIII, Devil May Cry 4 & Gran Turismo 5! 

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

lol that is a honest answer and can u honestly tell me wats the main differences between the 2 and in YOUR opinion what is better keeping in mind the price of the ps3chillin_penguin

I would pick my 360 over the PS3 because of games and because of online.

If i was you i would look at game already out and look at games coming by the end of the year.   I know as of this moment the 360 has better games.  I've looked at the games coming out by the end of the year and in my opinion the 360 will have better games.  It all comes down to what games you like.  I like to play RPG, FPS and racing games the most. 

The PS3 online multiplayer games has a great connection but overall i hate PS3 online.  The store is empty compared to the 360.  You don't get many demo with the PS3 but you get about 1 demo every 2 weeks with the 360.  Some game has Demo for the 360 but not for the PS3.  The 360 has 1 or 2 arcade game out every wednesday but the PS3 is just random with not many arcade games.

Also some games have the multiplayer option dropped for the PS3 version. 

Don't forget Home will come out soon.

The 360 can be faulty so an extended warranttee would be a good idea.  I have had my 360 since launch and never had a problem.

Good luck in picking.

tomdevos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tomdevos
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts
i bought a ps3 and sold my 360. I loved the 360 but i felt id seen everything it could do. Its doing really well at the moment but there's something more exicting about the future for the ps3. Also my warranty had just ended, i was already on my 3rd 360 and everyone i knew who bought a launch console had theirs fail. Microsoft ask for £90 if its out of warranty and still won't admit that there is a problem. I decided altho there wasnt quite enough out for the ps3 yet it was time to sell the 360 before it bricked. There's still not quite enough out for it but that looks like its all about to change.....particularly the online with Home.
chillin_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chillin_penguin

thanks man nice when someone gives u a honest answer!! without bringing brand loyalty into the topic!!

Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
what made me choose huh well i all ready had a 360 it bored the hell out of me cause it had no good games just like 4 good game worth playing all the time and there getting boring so i bought a ps3 and now i wait again for better even BETTER games and more of them on the ps3 that microsoft cant dish out
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

Honestly, I switched to PS3 due to the fact that my 360 crapped out on me 3 times and I'm sick of it. 360 has good games now, but PS3 has good games comming out in the near future. So, I'm happy with my PS3 purchase and have no regrets.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Your avatar is the answer.
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
I bought the PS3 because I wanted a blu-ray player and a console with 1080 support. And third, because I never bought the original PS and the PS2 so it was time to taste Sony.
omegared22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 omegared22
Member since 2003 • 137 Posts

Because of my impatience on playing games for the next generation, I sold my PS2 with all my games just to get a 360. I admit, the 360 was a blast to play in the beginning because it was something fresh, new and the lineup of games like Gears of War, Saint's Row, NBA 2k7, Fight Night Round 3, etc., just further proved 360 in my opinion at the time had this generation in the bag.

But I made this decision without the full knowledge of the importance of Blu-Ray and the possiblities this brings to the PS3. Also, the PS3 plays all your old but CLASSIC PS1 and PS2 games. Its like having 3 systems in one. It does right now have a crappy online system that offeres very little compared to the 360. It has fewer big titles right now as well. But if you're patient, I believe the PS3 has the potentiel to not only meet 360's quality right now, but exceed them. Whether this ever happens is in the hands of the developers and by the looks of it, things are coming along quite well with games like "Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank, etc.)

Also, Game Informer just announced in their June issue, that MS has no answer for the "rings of death," that destroyed so many 360s. I for one, had three different ones and ended with the same result till I finally got one that lasted long enough for me to sell it for a PS3. Even with an extended Warranty, Microsoft has admitted, they have no cure for their faulty system. I for one, am not a fanboy and enjoyed my time with the 360. If they ever resolve this malfunction, I might even consider purchasing another in the future. But right now, PS3, is the way to go.

Kenny10112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kenny10112
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
Bought a 360 a year ago and i own many games. Huge mistake, super mistake, mega mistake. The damn thing is so unstable. Had to send the 360 twice for repair. ?tears running down my face?. Bought a PS3 on sunday ?grin? so far very happy. Blue ray is magnificent. Browser could be better. Any game that comes out i will buy the PS3 version.
suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts
I have had a 360 since June of last year now and I just recently bought a PS3 and I have to say, that I still perfer the 360 over the PS3 right now.  There is a better selection of games out right now for the 360 and a much much much better online service.  The only thing that the PS3 has going for it right now is the blu-ray player and if your not a huge movie buff like me, then that feature probably wont do you much good to justify spending 600 bucks. I only got one right now because my buddy was begging me to get one so we could play resistance which is in my opinion, just an "okay" game.  Anyways, I think it comes down to what you are gonna use your system for, movie viewing or games.  I will say that the PS3 has a much stronger lineup of games to come than the 360 in my opinion. Hope that helps
Avatar image for deactivated-5f027f1888ad2
deactivated-5f027f1888ad2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#20 deactivated-5f027f1888ad2
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts

There is lots of things that made me choose PS3 over 360,the PS3 have more capabilities than other consoles,better graphics,better sound and it's a blu-ray player so you can watch movies on hi definition,if you want a 360 you can't watch hd movies unless you buy an extra external hd-dvd player for 240$ there is also the games i would like to play metal gear 4 and final fantasy 13.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deadkingdg

I will say that the PS3 has a much stronger lineup of games to come than the 360 in my opinion. Hope that helpssuzukigsxr

That's the reason I bought mine already. I'm certain the price won't drop before Fall, so why wait until then? I can enjoy RFOM, Motorstorm and Calling All Cars in the meanwhile. There's also ninja gaiden coming pretty soon. So it wasn't a useless purchase even if I got it before the games I really want are out. 

prestofive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 prestofive
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts

Honestly, depends on what time of games you like.

Such as shooters, you should get xbox.  If Japanese games (like MGS, FF) you should get playstation.

The only reason I got a PS3 (other then the fact that with xbox, you have to pay for everything) is because of all the hardware problems.  I haven't had a singal problem with my ps2, and now ps3 for that matter.  

My friend is one his 5th xbox now, which now it is a elite.  But its really your choice..... 

The_Todd_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Todd_5
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

Definitely 360 for a lot of reasons. Well sure they crap out a lot I'll admit that, I'm on my thirdGreasyFetus69

I stopped reading right there. 

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deadkingdg

But anway the 360 has more exclusive AAA games out and coming out. GreasyFetus69

MGS4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, FFVXIII, Warhawk, White Knight Story, Uncharted, Lair, Ratchet and Clank, God Of War 3, RFOM2...

Plus we all know that PS3 is doing poorly in sales, I mean in America even the GBA is outselling it! In japan the Wii is outselling it 5 TO 1!! That is terrible!!

GreasyFetus69

lol, first of all, the PS3 is doing well in sales. It is selling as well as the PS2 did in its time and better than the X360 last year. It's just the Wii that is doing extremely well, not the PS3 selling poorly. And your X360 is outsold 25 to 1 by the Wii in Japan, THAT is terrible.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deadkingdg

Well u should of kept reading and u would of seen the light that is the 360, GreasyFetus69

The red light? 

The_Todd_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Todd_5
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"]Well u should of kept reading and u would of seen the light that is the 360, deadkingdg

The red light?

hahahahaha

I find it interesting he claims his console is so great and yet, he's hanging out on our boards... 

The_Great_Samu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Great_Samu
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"]But anway the 360 has more exclusive AAA games out and coming out. deadkingdg

MGS4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, FFVXIII, Warhawk, White Knight Story, Uncharted, Lair, Ratchet and Clank, God Of War 3, RFOM2...

Plus we all know that PS3 is doing poorly in sales, I mean in America even the GBA is outselling it! In japan the Wii is outselling it 5 TO 1!! That is terrible!!

GreasyFetus69

lol, first of all, the PS3 is doing well in sales. It is selling as well as the PS2 did in its time and better than the X360 last year. It's just the Wii that is doing extremely well, not the PS3 selling poorly. And your X360 is outsold 25 to 1 by the Wii in Japan, THAT is terrible.

pwned. Really, can u even consider buying an xbox after reading that?