Why is PS3 not happenin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deeesi
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

Man I own it for almost 6 months love it, might be biased but the best system in the world according to me, why is it not picking up sales and getting on the top of list # 1 like PS2 did.

Anyways I think it is lack of 9.0 and higher games and exclusive what do you have to say:

Brent330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Brent330
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
Because its not getting any good games, mostly just ports from the 360. Tiss a sad thing.
trimpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trimpi
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
because parents dont buy it for thier kids like 360 and wii
trimpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trimpi
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
unlike*?
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
It's doing a lot better than I thought it would. Once the big games hit it should pick up. Also a possible price cut in the future.
Brent330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Brent330

sony are mega screwed when halo 3, mass effect and gta + exclusive content appear on the 360.

at e3 if sony dont have something HUGE, i can't see them taking a lead at all this gen not neccessarily last place just not what the ps2 rose to be. People might start looking at the 360 like they viewed the ps2. I'm no xbot i'd prefer the ps3 to win, but its looking increasingly bleak for the $600 system.

at e3 they need to show a f***load of exclusives demo's, they need to unveil a price drop and a new rumble pad. Killzone has to match its target render. It wouldnt hurt to show some new first party games as well.

Filonus

grrr not even a 600$ system anymore you try to trade it in or sell it.....sells for around 300$ now 300 !!!!! I'm super pissed now but its true if Halo 3, Mass effect, AND Gta hit xbox and Sony has nothing...Sony will die a slow, slow dead...

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
The PS3 has had a better start than the PS2, the next wave of games will be happening in the next few WEEKS, yes I said it WEEKS, and the lack of a 9.0 or higher 's got to do with a little bias against the PS3, which is alright, because the PS2 got the same critticism, so don't worry, they'll be about 10 new games comming out in the next month.........enjoy 'em.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nene33

grrr not even a 600$ system anymore you try to trade it in or sell it.....sells for around 300$ now 300 !!!!! I'm super pissed now but its true if Halo 3, Mass effect, AND Gta hit xbox and Sony has nothing...Sony will die a slow, slow dead...

Brent330

You tried to SELL your PS3, dude that's just wrong.:evil:

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
^^well not everyone is satisfyed with there purchase at the moment theres not much i could do with my ps3 except watch blu-rays which have no problem with anyways,,,ps3 has a good holiday season coming up but the 360 hasa betterholiday season coming out...games like halo 3,mass effect,bioshock,gta+content...if the ps3puts outat least metel gear around holiday season it will pick up the sales for the ps3..if ps3 can come out with heavenly sword lair,warhawk this holiday season it might help...i mean none of those games are system sellers which is something the ps3 doesnt have at the moment
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nene33
All true, and still the PS3 has a better start than the PS2, so they should be alright.
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
^^well not everyone is satisfyed with there purchase at the moment theres not much i could do with my ps3 except watch blu-rays which have no problem with anyways,,,ps3 has a good holiday season coming up but the 360 hasa betterholiday season coming out...games like halo 3,mass effect,bioshock,gta+content...if the ps3puts outat least metel gear around holiday season it will pick up the sales for the ps3..if ps3 can come out with heavenly sword lair,warhawk this holiday season it might help...i mean none of those games are system sellers which is something the ps3 doesnt have at the moment Brickz187

360 is in its second year. i would HOPE it had a better holiday lineup than the 7month old ps3.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
The price is the biggest problem.
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
First Halo sucks. Halo has always sucked. Halo will always suck. Second, the PS3 has more top notch games coming out this year than either of the other systems. With games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Uncharted, Lair, Stranglehold (I included this non-exclusive because of the exclusive content. Who the hell wouldn't want Hard Boiled in HD!!?), Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank Future, and Time Crisis 4 the Xbots are left saying "but, but, we've got halooo!" Woo hoo. Have fun with that. Let me know if they've decided to actually write an interesting story this time. Actually don't. I'll be too busy playing my PS3 to care.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nene33

First Halo sucks. Halo has always sucked. Halo will always suck. Second, the PS3 has more top notch games coming out this year than either of the other systems. With games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Uncharted, Lair, Stranglehold (I included this non-exclusive because of the exclusive content. Who the hell wouldn't want Hard Boiled in HD!!?), Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank Future, and Time Crisis 4 the Xbots are left saying "but, but, we've got halooo!" Woo hoo. Have fun with that. Let me know if they've decided to actually write an interesting story this time. Actually don't. I'll be too busy playing my PS3 to care. Maverick128

Amen to that.

Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Paper_Knife
Member since 2006 • 1592 Posts

[QUOTE="Maverick128"]First Halo sucks. Halo has always sucked. Halo will always suck. Second, the PS3 has more top notch games coming out this year than either of the other systems. With games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Uncharted, Lair, Stranglehold (I included this non-exclusive because of the exclusive content. Who the hell wouldn't want Hard Boiled in HD!!?), Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank Future, and Time Crisis 4 the Xbots are left saying "but, but, we've got halooo!" Woo hoo. Have fun with that. Let me know if they've decided to actually write an interesting story this time. Actually don't. I'll be too busy playing my PS3 to care. Nene33

Amen to that.

TESTIFY!

darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkmanure
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
[QUOTE="Filonus"]

sony are mega screwed when halo 3, mass effect and gta + exclusive content appear on the 360.

at e3 if sony dont have something HUGE, i can't see them taking a lead at all this gen not neccessarily last place just not what the ps2 rose to be. People might start looking at the 360 like they viewed the ps2. I'm no xbot i'd prefer the ps3 to win, but its looking increasingly bleak for the $600 system.

at e3 they need to show a f***load of exclusives demo's, they need to unveil a price drop and a new rumble pad. Killzone has to match its target render. It wouldnt hurt to show some new first party games as well.

Brent330

What a way to troll. Yeah I guess it's better to sell then to have a new system break over and over.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

because parents dont buy it for thier kids like 360 and wiitrimpi

That's just silly. Most parents know of Sony & Nintendo more than Xbox from MS.

The PS3 has the potential to be amazing and as good and maybe better than 360. But atm its struggling due to price, BR & lack of games. All 3 of those negatives will turn into postives so things will change 2008/2009...

Brent330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Brent330

First Halo sucks. Halo has always sucked. Halo will always suck. Second, the PS3 has more top notch games coming out this year than either of the other systems. With games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Uncharted, Lair, Stranglehold (I included this non-exclusive because of the exclusive content. Who the hell wouldn't want Hard Boiled in HD!!?), Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank Future, and Time Crisis 4 the Xbots are left saying "but, but, we've got halooo!" Woo hoo. Have fun with that. Let me know if they've decided to actually write an interesting story this time. Actually don't. I'll be too busy playing my PS3 to care. Maverick128

What about Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Project Gotham Racing 4, GTA: IV (exclusive content for 360 owners), Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Too Human, Huxley, Two Worlds, 2 Days to Vegas,Overlord, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, oh and lets not forget Halo 3 ;)

Well I didnt mean to kill your list but I hate this whole Xbox 360 vs Playstation thing it just gets annoying.

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

It worries me how passionate some people are to something so trivial. Blind faith is never a good thing. Maybe its coz your young...

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
All true, and still the PS3 has a better start than the PS2, so they should be alright.Nene33
well the ps2 was going against the dream cast at this point of its life. and had 20 to 1 game support over the new noob system xbox and sony was lucky nitendo is nintendo and only make 5 to 10 good games the whole life of the gamecube. its gonna be very tuff for sony this time.they dont have those adventages this gen