Why I think the ps3 will sell more then the xbox360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bytuiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bytuiop
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

PS3=50GB per disk  XBOX360=6GB per disk so who`s games are going to offer more? gears of war, great game but how long did it take to complete the game from start to finish 2 to 3 hours? thats because the graphics used up all the space on the disk making it a very small game.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
this is not system wars, and oh try to get your facts right next time
skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts
this is not system wars, and oh try to get your facts right next timeZimpanX
yes
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
I beat Gears in 1 minute and 42 secs...    I love how fanboys stretch the truth until it just becomes ridiculous.
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts

PS3=50GB per disk  XBOX360=9GB per disk so who`s games are going to offer more? gears of war, great game but how long did it take to complete the game from start to finish 2 to 3 hours? thats because the graphics used up all the space on the disk making it a very small game.

bytuiop
Corrected
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Fanboys----why can't they just shut up?
Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jackopeng
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts
Fanboys----why can't they just shut up?feryl06
exactly. especially the n00b ones who cant get their facts straight.
nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
Who cares? Just play video games and enjoying them instead of making it some silly war between companies.
dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

Oblivion prooved to me that 9 gig dvds can be put to good use. It only used 4.5 gigs for over 400 hours gaming on a single DVD.

But I can understand why Microsoft decided to use DVD's. Unlike the PS3, the 360 is software based like a PC so the need is not great for the extra storage. Cause it's like this, if I'm running F.E.A.R at 640x480 ever setting set at minimum, is that still taking space off my hard drive? No. Cause no matter what settings I have them at, that's still 2.37 gigs on harddrive gone.

Where as the PS3 is hardware based and needs the extra storage so the graphics can have someplace to go. So the need for extra storage is gonna be necessary.

darkfame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 darkfame
Member since 2004 • 970 Posts
>Where as the PS3 is hardware based and needs the extra storage so the graphics can have someplace to go. So the need for extra storage is gonna be necessary.

dj_pulserfan
Sorry.. but.... that makes NO sense.
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

PS3=50GB per disk  XBOX360=6GB per disk so who`s games are going to offer more? gears of war, great game but how long did it take to complete the game from start to finish 2 to 3 hours? thats because the graphics used up all the space on the disk making it a very small game.

bytuiop

Well if you compair the games out at the moment i would say the 360 games offer more enjoyment.  If you even compair the games for 2007 then it looks likes the 360 offers more.  Most of the games out now or coming out soon is already out for the xbox360 with the 360 version getting better reviews most of the time.

Fair enough the PS3 has 50GB but there are alot of things to consider like the fact that 360 games data get compressed to make more fit onto a smaller disk.  Also PS3 repeat alot of the data on the blu-ray discs. 

turb06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 turb06
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts

And how many games are going to make use of all that space?? not many i recon.  The 360 can always release game son multiple dvd's like blue dragon, its not like you will be changing discs every few minutes to make that a problem.

My opinion why the only reason the PS3 has all that on disc storage space, is that its a major way for sony to make sure there new blue-ray disc format wins the fight against HD-DVD by getting all those blue-ray players out there.  the PS3 is a marketing tool for blue-ray, thats why sony are willing to take such a loss per console, because when blue-ray wins the fight everyone wanting to release a player or a movie needs to pay them a licensing fee.

SOHAIB_MINHAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 SOHAIB_MINHAS
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

PS3=50GB per disk XBOX360=9GB per disk so who`s games are going to offer more? gears of war, great game but how long did it take to complete the game from start to finish 2 to 3 hours? thats because the graphics used up all the space on the disk making it a very small game.

bytuiop

The fact that they can compress the games realy well to fit onto those 9 gigs means that you can have a game like(now this is all hypothetical) DMC4 that will fit on 1 BR disk and onto 1 dual layered disk. 

etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
first of all the tc needs to get his facts straight and stop being a bilnd fanboy, and second of all who cares what sells more just enjoy the games, is it really going to make a difference which console sells more.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
surprised they haven't locked this yet since it belongs in system wars. as long as there are good games released on the systems i own, i could care less which sells more.
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts
[QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]>Where as the PS3 is hardware based and needs the extra storage so the graphics can have someplace to go. So the need for extra storage is gonna be necessary.

darkfame
Sorry.. but.... that makes NO sense.

I think he means the PS3 doesn't make as good a use of virtual memory, I don't know if that's true or not though.
casinater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 casinater
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

bytuiop
hahahahahahahahaha...oh was that out loud?!...two to three hours to beat gears....give me a freakin break...