Why Gamespot is Always Behind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fengpeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fengpeng
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

We always have to link to ign for their faster news...

LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
I guess we have just become a group of people who need immediate satisfaction. I personally have patience.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
GS is usually the slowest to do everything. News and reviews.
axillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 axillia
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
They may be slow, but they are a reliable source of information.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
They may be slow, but they are a reliable source of information.axillia
Not always my friend. GS is BS against PS3, and that's not good.
ticalmc2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ticalmc2k2
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
Reliable, my ass they're reliable.

I think they wait to see every other websites' reviews so they can base their reviews partially of theirs. I don't know.  Maybe they get their news by going to IGN themselves. 
stlcardinals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stlcardinals
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
I personally like gamespot, thats why I'm here.  If people hate it so much, why are they always posting here.  I am amazed with how they're acting about the biased comments.  I never really thought they were, but sounds like they need a napkin to wipe away the tears.  it just blows my mind they would let the idiots in here get to them.
ticalmc2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ticalmc2k2
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
I personally like gamespot, thats why I'm here. If people hate it so much, why are they always posting here. I am amazed with how they're acting about the biased comments. I never really thought they were, but sounds like they need a napkin to wipe away the tears. it just blows my mind they would let the idiots in here get to them.stlcardinals

I hate GS, but I come here because my job has IGN blocked on all our computers so I can't access it.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
[QUOTE="axillia"]They may be slow, but they are a reliable source of information.rogerjak

Why do you say that?
Charlie2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Charlie2688
Member since 2005 • 1364 Posts
Dude the fact that GS always report half truths, omits important details, twists news around or simply doesn't even report good news all PS3 related makes you SERIOUSLY wonder...
Gantz_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gantz_Zero
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts
the only reason i post here is because the forums are free and its linked with gamefaqs meaning theres two communities combined. if the IGN forums were a bit cleaner looking and free i'de go there indeffinately, sadly thats not the case and therefore i am kinda stuck going here *shurgs*
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
Dude the fact that GS always report half truths, omits important details, twists news around or simply doesn't even report good news all PS3 related makes you SERIOUSLY wonder...Charlie2688
It seems that people who own all see the bias, while Lemmings deny it and Cows swear by it. I own a 360 and a PS3 and I see that they show the bad about the PS3 a lot more than the good. The scores are also a bit iffy. I like the forums because they move so fast.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

i like gamespot. i dont really care if there are a bunch of fanboys running around against the ps3. i like the system and dont care what anyone else thinks. as for their review, i think they are reliable and i agree with most of their assesments

HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="axillia"]They may be slow, but they are a reliable source of information.trophylocoste

Why do you say that?

He says it because it is the truth.

Look at the article on here that clearly states that Madden and Fight Night look much better on the 360--when if fact they are not even close.  Heck, even a nearly blind person can see that fight night on the PS3 blows 360's visuals out of the water.

Look at the article were they claim PS3 has limited hardware.  They word it like it is some out of date console.  When in reality all that is different is that it emulates PS2 games in Europe through software, instead of having the actual hardware--via the emotion engine.

How about the news that first party PS3 games in Europe will be cheaper than 360 games.  Most sites titled it similar to what I stated.  However, Gamespot just stated PS3 announces game prices and then burried the pricing in the article.  It would have killed Gamespot to have that in the title that some good news was happening with the PS3.

Look at VF5 and Formula One getting an 8 in graphics--when F1 looks like it could almost trick you into believing you are watching a real F1 race, and VF5 is the best looking fighting game to have ever come out to date.

Go visist sites like IGN and see how there are 2-3 news items that is positve PS3 news, then look here and it is usually nothing but negative news.  And much of the negative news is blown way out of proportion, filled with half-truths, or just flat out lies.

I could really go on and on.  I just come here for the message boards and to chat with fellow PS3 enthusiasts.  But I am considering leaving all together as BiasStop is just becoming too ridiculous for me to handle.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Relatively speaking I find Gamespot pretty reliable.  Compared to 1up.com, Gamespot is fantastic.  I hate 1up.com, its a glorified nintendo fanboy blog site.  Its almost comical how they go out of their way to trash the PS3.  I still find IGN the best source for Reviews and News.   My only grudge with Gamespot is that they always take forever to do reviews and those reviews always seem to be a little low scored.  It seems to me they just wait until IGN does a review then they'll release theirs with a score slightly lower so they look "more critical".  Both IGN and Gamespot make 1up.com look like a middle school newspaper.

I do really like the boards on Gamespot though, definately my favorite of the three.

Gamedaily.com is a good site I recommend too.   Theyre pretty prompt and, in my opinion, accurate with their reviews.  Plus I would go out on a limb and say they are actually Pro-Sony... GASP!
berobnx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 berobnx
Member since 2004 • 2931 Posts
i love gamespot cuz of their charming employes :) and i love all the awesome community. uh uh, and for those games fight night and stuff, i havent playd them on my 360 yet, and the ps3 aint released yet here, so i can compare them, but if some1 says that it looks better on a ps3 after ive heard gamespot say it looks better on a 360 i think that the person who says its better on a ps3 is a fanboy
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

i guess they take their time to make the most complete reviews...but they are a little biased at times and they DO make so stupid reasons to make games get lesser scores. I've read about the lack of a good menu, and manual, not enough humor, and bunch of crap that makes no sense

HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HuhJustaBox

Relatively speaking I find Gamespot pretty reliable.  Compared to 1up.com, Gamespot is fantastic.  I hate 1up.com, its a glorified nintendo fanboy blog site.  Its almost comical how they go out of their way to trash the PS3.  I still find IGN the best source for Reviews and News.   My only grudge with Gamespot is that they always take forever to do reviews and those reviews always seem to be a little low scored.  It seems to me they just wait until IGN does a review then they'll release theirs with a score slightly lower so they look "more critical".  Both IGN and Gamespot make 1up.com look like a middle school newspaper.

I do really like the boards on Gamespot though, definately my favorite of the three.

Gamedaily.com is a good site I recommend too.   Theyre pretty prompt and, in my opinion, accurate with their reviews.  Plus I would go out on a limb and say they are actually Pro-Sony... GASP!
ajefferism

1up.com is a complete joke.  I downloaded one of their podcasts and two of the reviewers would say the F word about every fourth word.  How professional is that?  How can you take someone seriously if they can't even speak semi-professionally?

I agree 1up is a complete joke and will not even waste my time there.  However, GS reviews are not reliable at all.  They gave MGS3 an 8.7!!!!  That is all I have to say.  I could list dozens of crappy reviews, but that takes the cake.  That was one of the best games that I have ever played, and I have been playing since the NES.  All of the MGS games should score no lower than a 9.4 in my opinion.

jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jayhadit
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts
They may be slow, but they are a reliable source of information.axillia
that all depends on who you ask, and what it's about.
HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HuhJustaBox

i love gamespot cuz of their charming employes :) and i love all the awesome community. uh uh, and for those games fight night and stuff, i havent playd them on my 360 yet, and the ps3 aint released yet here, so i can compare them, but if some1 says that it looks better on a ps3 after ive heard gamespot say it looks better on a 360 i think that the person who says its better on a ps3 is a fanboyberobnx

Well you will be able to see in a few weeks.  I am far from a fanboy.  If you noticed, every other site out their and every magazine states just what I said, except for our good "buddies" here at GS.

Don't take my word for it, check out IGN or PSM.  I know PSM may sound like they could be biased--but they have been criticizing Sony a lot too.  But they showed several pics of the games for comparison and the 360 character models look really good--but PS3's look flawless.  It is one of the few games that you can clearly see a difference in graphics between the two.

In fact if you have not noticed.  There was a big hub bub here the other day about Madden.  It seems that GS showed Madden being played during the 1:00 game on the PS3 and the 4:00 game on the 360.  They then pointed out how the PS3 could not render the shadows hardly at all and the 360 was far superior and had great shadow details.  This shows incomeptence or extreme bias--and I don't think anyone can be that stupid, so I am convinced this was just fanboyism bias at its greatest.

jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jayhadit

[QUOTE="berobnx"]i love gamespot cuz of their charming employes :) and i love all the awesome community. uh uh, and for those games fight night and stuff, i havent playd them on my 360 yet, and the ps3 aint released yet here, so i can compare them, but if some1 says that it looks better on a ps3 after ive heard gamespot say it looks better on a 360 i think that the person who says its better on a ps3 is a fanboyHuhJustaBox

Well you will be able to see in a few weeks.  I am far from a fanboy.  If you noticed, every other site out their and every magazine states just what I said, except for our good "buddies" here at GS.

Don't take my word for it, check out IGN or PSM.  I know PSM may sound like they could be biased--but they have been criticizing Sony a lot too.  But they showed several pics of the games for comparison and the 360 character models look really good--but PS3's look flawless.  It is one of the few games that you can clearly see a difference in graphics between the two.

In fact if you have not noticed.  There was a big hub bub here the other day about Madden.  It seems that GS showed Madden being played during the 1:00 game on the PS3 and the 4:00 game on the 360.  They then pointed out how the PS3 could not render the shadows hardly at all and the 360 was far superior and had great shadow details.  This shows incomeptence or extreme bias--and I don't think anyone can be that stupid, so I am convinced this was just fanboyism bias at its greatest.

I have no idea what you're talking about...but gee whiz, something like that might make someone change their sig...to, oh i dunno the linked story.
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts

Nope,GS is very fast at reporting good news on XBOX 360.

Hey look Gear of War make the list #8 in Japan

Did you know VF5 make #1 in Japan too, you didn't see the news right? GS ppl felt that's something you don't need to know or pretty common. When lost planet #1 in UK, GS is the first one for post it.  Sound like something fishy is going on across CNET network.

I used to like Gamespot for being harsh, yes harsh so I don't need to waste money on bad games, then after games like Kameo got 8.7 and PDZ 9.0 while Resistance get like 8.6 and Zelda got 8.8.  , HARSH my ass, this is obviously ripped. PDZ is nothing close to Resistance and Kameo is nothing close to Zelda. I'm okay in harsh, but harsh across all consoles. WTF this is like trying to help microsoft boosting sales.

and for graphics comparison, dont get me started, they got caught red handed.  It pretty much show. Well XBOX ppl will jump and joy of course, their favoutire consoles got special treats."Cry me a river", you bet I will and I will spread this or bring it up from time to time again , until they get their act together.

BzPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BzPlayer
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
Patients grasshopper.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts
they wait for all the other game site to post news and see if there is any way to put a negative spin on it
HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HuhJustaBox

they wait for all the other game site to post news and see if there is any way to put a negative spin on itAbsynthetic

Bingo!  Give this man a prize.  But you forgot that they only look for the negative spin for the PS3 section.

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
I still think that gamespot is  great
BOGATOR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BOGATOR1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yep, GS is more often than not, biased against the PS3 and Sony in general. The game related shows on G4TV are the same way. They even reference back to GS surfing the site on Live TV (AOTS). The writers here and on G4TV are surprisingly quiet about all the hardware problems the 360 is having. They seem ok with having to replace their consoles 3 and 4 times in a year.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts

the truth hurts, thats why ppl say gamespot is biased. just cuz their precious game doesnt deliver and gets low scores, that must mean the review is biased....right? right?

when zeldaTP came out and got a 8.8 nintendo fans started screaming biased. i guess they didnt know how to type when OOT got 10. and now that they realize, that TP sucks, they stopped crying.

when the PS2 was getting all the attention cuz it was the superior console like the 360 is now and PS2 versions were better and got higher scores, (example-GTA) sony fan boys didnt complain. but now that the 360 versions are better (online, better framerate, achievements) ppl call GS biased......yeah, thats justified. ppl started crying when resistence got 8 point something, which is also accurate. resistence is a great....no AN Awesome game, but its not a system seller and it does nothing new, thats why its a high 8 not a 9. if u disagree, go to ur local walmart or best buy and look at the stacks of ps3s........yeah, those things wont move until DMC4 and MGS4 comes out DEAL WITH!!!

xbox fans cried when halo2 got 9.4, when splintercell chaos theory and double agent didnt get 9s. when cod2 didnt get a 9, when doa4 got a 8.8. when GS was reporting negative stuff about the 360 after its launch..........i guess GS wasnt biased then..........

ppl will shout, "biased!!!" when ever it doesnt match their opinions, if u dont except other ppls opinions, maybe u shouldnt be on the inter-web-net....if reading positive stuff about ur precious game or system makes u all jolly inside, u should think about ur mindset....maybe a little bit 

Bansheezs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 Bansheezs
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts
I like gamespot because they are easy to use and I like the way the site looks and reviews. I wish their streaming speed was as fast as other sites.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

the truth hurts, thats why ppl say gamespot is biased. just cuz their precious game doesnt deliver and gets low scores, that must mean the review is biased....right? right?

when zeldaTP came out and got a 8.8 nintendo fans started screaming biased. i guess they didnt know how to type when OOT got 10. and now that they realize, that TP sucks, they stopped crying.

when the PS2 was getting all the attention cuz it was the superior console like the 360 is now and PS2 versions were better and got higher scores, (example-GTA) sony fan boys didnt complain. but now that the 360 versions are better (online, better framerate, achievements) ppl call GS biased......yeah, thats justified. ppl started crying when resistence got 8 point something, which is also accurate. resistence is a great....no AN Awesome game, but its not a system seller and it does nothing new, thats why its a high 8 not a 9. if u disagree, go to ur local walmart or best buy and look at the stacks of ps3s........yeah, those things wont move until DMC4 and MGS4 comes out DEAL WITH!!!

xbox fans cried when halo2 got 9.4, when splintercell chaos theory and double agent didnt get 9s. when cod2 didnt get a 9, when doa4 got a 8.8. when GS was reporting negative stuff about the 360 after its launch..........i guess GS wasnt biased then..........

ppl will shout, "biased!!!" when ever it doesnt match their opinions, if u dont except other ppls opinions, maybe u shouldnt be on the inter-web-net....if reading positive stuff about ur precious game or system makes u all jolly inside, u should think about ur mindset....maybe a little bit 

axes03

theyre not screaming bias because its about their system

Its because GS is the site that always has the lowest scores compared to other game sites

snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
[QUOTE="Charlie2688"]Dude the fact that GS always report half truths, omits important details, twists news around or simply doesn't even report good news all PS3 related makes you SERIOUSLY wonder...rockydog1111
It seems that people who own all see the bias, while Lemmings deny it and Cows swear by it. I own a 360 and a PS3 and I see that they show the bad about the PS3 a lot more than the good. The scores are also a bit iffy. I like the forums because they move so fast.

I own all 3 and I find the reviews well within the average. The cows just can't stand that not everything regarding the PS3 is in their image of perfection.
jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jayhadit

axes03
It is very obviously not a score that is bothering us right now. They have yet to even comment on the "madden" review debacle. Thats all i want. Someone to come forward and say, "hey, we made a mistake...we did not intend to sway anyone through faulty journalism." And then maybe chnage the article.
brennan40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 brennan40
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts
Yall need to remember that GS is not bias against the PS3. C'mon this is a gaming site, not a PS3 site. If they don't give games a good score or whatever, it's because the game really isn't that good. The system is still new, give it some time, you'll see better scoring games later on, just not right now because nothing is worthy of a 'wow factor'.
You kids need to chill and if you don't like this site, then move on. It's the internet, no one site should be relied on. Just mellow out.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I agree. People need to take it easy and just realize that they are getting worked up over a game review. It's a review and subject to personal interpretation at times. If you don't like it, then go out and make your own gaming site. And no one is forcing you to come to GS and post. No one is stuck, even if you could only get GS at work and not other gaming sites.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
Dude the fact that GS always report half truths, omits important details, twists news around or simply doesn't even report good news all PS3 related makes you SERIOUSLY wonder...Charlie2688
Its funny how you ps3 boys say this but agree when they put 360 down, and the same goes for the others, wii boys agree when GS put other platfroms down but go mad when its the wii that gets a bad review, and same goes for 360 owners, if you dont like it then why bother, if you use the service then why slag it off.
BOGATOR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BOGATOR1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I've only been gaming (modern consoles) for a few years so I' ve had to read every article on every site to try and catch up on history. We bought GTA: VC first even before getting a PS2 to play it on.

GS was the first site we tried and the game reviews always seem to push the idea that the XBOX has superior graphics and it did influence us to go out and get an XBOX.

"The Power of the XBOX" was repeated over and over. If a game had poor graphics they woud say "It looks like a PS2 Game".

Now with the next gen consoles the PS3 has the edge in power and graphics, but the mantra continues on here at GS. The 360 hardware breakdowns are all but ignored and the PS3 is bashed whenever possible.

I'm waiting for the second wave 360's to come out before getting one then I can judge for myself. I won't depend on this site to provide the straight up info because of their obvious bias.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I've only been gaming (modern consoles) for a few years so I' ve had to read every article on every site to try and catch up on history. We bought GTA: VC first even before getting a PS2 to play it on.

GS was the first site we tried and the game reviews always seem to push the idea that the XBOX has superior graphics and it did influence us to go out and get an XBOX.

"The Power of the XBOX" was repeated over and over. If a game had poor graphics they woud say "It looks like a PS2 Game".

Now with the next gen consoles the PS3 has the edge in power and graphics, but the mantra continues on here at GS. The 360 hardware breakdowns are all but ignored and the PS3 is bashed whenever possible.

I'm waiting for the second wave 360's to come out before getting one then I can judge for myself. I won't depend on this site to provide the straight up info because of their obvious bias.

BOGATOR1
oh here we go with the ps3 has more power yadda yadda, nobody knows yet, neither MS or sony have released 100% of the specs on their systems, they release whatever makes them look the best, and plenty of people think the 360 has the edge, leave that argument alone unless you have some new info. So far nothing on the ps3 looks better than anything on the 360, thats why reviews seem to give the edge to 360 and until the ps3 has something on it that is noticably better than anything the 360 has, then we cant tell if GS bias or not.
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

axes03

First, Twilight Princess was a fantastic game, and the only points that should have been taken off should have been one for graphics because of Link's hat going through his shield, and 1 for the sound of the Wii Remote when you do actions, it deserved a 9, and nothing less for a lengthy, entertaining, story-lush, well made video game..

Second, you're missing the point on the PS3 subject, people are bothered by the fact that the PS3 has had no good media, meanwhile; the 360 is praised as if it were made out of diamonds, the PS3 is good, and has had much less problems with the system itself, 360 has very little backwards compatibility, but it doesn't make the news, if the PS3 can't run Tekken 2 (just an example, not sure if it can or can't) it's at the top of the PS3 news page and the Microsoft community is in an uproar about it.  360's break like they were made out of stunt glass (I should know I've had mine bust twice already) but you'd be lucky to see that in the 360's page updates at all.  Gamespot is holding the 360 much higher than the PS3 and bashes on it daily when it should be reporting the amount of 360's bricking in a given month or a ratio table of how long it takes for Microsoft to fix your 360 depending on the problem at hand (faulty disk drive- 2 months, faulty power supply- ???3 months and counting???).

Gamespot just needs to grow up and spread love across all consoles.

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
[QUOTE="BOGATOR1"]

the1stmoonfly
oh here we go with the ps3 has more power yadda yadda, nobody knows yet, neither MS or sony have released 100% of the specs on their systems, they release whatever makes them look the best, and plenty of people think the 360 has the edge, leave that argument alone unless you have some new info. So far nothing on the ps3 looks better than anything on the 360, thats why reviews seem to give the edge to 360 and until the ps3 has something on it that is noticably better than anything the 360 has, then we cant tell if GS bias or not.

kan someone say , moterstorm en VF5 ?
jaspey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jaspey
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

As regards multi platform games.

The PS3 is cutting edge technology and is extremely powerful plus very new technology for 3rd party developers. But whats happening for alot of 3rd party developers are going for the lowest common denominator. Which is the Xbox. Basically developing on the Xbox and porting it over to the PS3.So basically the PS3 is handicapped by the Xbox inferior technology.. What i'd propose is dont buy any 3rd party multi-platform games unless you know the PS3 has it's own development team and will be pushed by the developement team. Unreal Tournament 3 is one such game..