Why do the ps3 exclusives look better than multiplatform games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

u_poop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 u_poop
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
that the multi platform games have bad framrate and jagged graphics, and on the other hand the exclusives have wonderful graphics and near perfect framrate, is it that the third party devlopers try to make the graphics bad for the ps3 version??
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

exclusive games are built from the ground up on the PS3. multiplatform games are built from the ground up on the 360 and ported to the PS3 most of the time.

third party companies aren't being cynical and making bad PS3 games on purpose.

Shamkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shamkon
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

exclusive games are built from the ground up on the PS3. multiplatform games are built from the ground up on the 360 and ported to the PS3 most of the time.

c0mplex

Most games have been ported but now they are starting to develop seperately, like Assassins Creed, Army of 2, CoD4, i don't think there will be any more ports, and when this happens, ps3 could and should be anywhere from slightly better or alot better, if not the same

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts

c0mplex

Thats exactly it. If you were an xbox owner last generation you would have said the same thing. Multiplat was designed for the ps2 and ported to the box and the first parties looked way better. Hey I quess what goes around comes around! HA

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
[QUOTE="c0mplex"]

Shamkon

Most games have been ported but now they are starting to develop seperately, like Assassins Creed, Army of 2, CoD4, i don't think there will be any more ports, and when this happens, ps3 could and should be anywhere from slightly better or alot better, if not the same

it seems like only the larger publishers like Activision, EA, and Ubisoft can afford to have separate development teams for a single game. i'm not sure if the smaller publishers can afford the same luxury.

PenguinHero7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PenguinHero7
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
I hate the 360, we get crappy ported games like spiderman 3, and madden.
xMAVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xMAVx
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
thats why stranglehold got pushed back for a later date for the ps3. i believe they were revamping everything so its not just a simple port.
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
[QUOTE="c0mplex"]

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Thats exactly it. If you were an xbox owner last generation you would have said the same thing. Multiplat was designed for the ps2 and ported to the box and the first parties looked way better. Hey I quess what goes around comes around! HA

Oh how observant and witty of you, you cheeky little fanboy

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts

Exsclusive games for the PS3 are made better because they are designed for the ps3, multi-platform games are better on the 360, why? because developers find it hard to ,ake it for the PS3 because of it's complicated hardware....

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
This is true at the moment but in time once developers learn what can and cannot be done on the PS3 things will be much different. The developers have had the latest development tools for about 2 or 3 months now for the PS3.
Swedish_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#11 Swedish_Wolf
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
cus the dudes doing the exclusives actually gives a damn about making good looking games, and want to learn to make good looking games on the ps3. instead of just do a lazy port and not care about the results.
KiraNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KiraNoir
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
because they are made specifically for the ps3
A_ShooK_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 A_ShooK_One
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
[QUOTE="xxxMoreBeerxxx"][QUOTE="c0mplex"]

TelcharXI

Read the topic . its not find the fanboy its about games you loser

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
[QUOTE="TelcharXI"][QUOTE="xxxMoreBeerxxx"][QUOTE="c0mplex"]

A_ShooK_One

Read the topic . its not find the fanboy its about games you loser

Zomg I'm going to go crying to my room now.... If you wish to have an intelligent conversation try leaving out the name calling, it makes you look rather childish.

On topic now, the games will get better, working on newer technology tends to make things difficult, just look at the progress made in the last few months.

kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
because the playstation isnt very versitle, the same way ps2 wasnt. Sony likes to design their own proprietery way of programming, and it is in direct conflict with the rest of the world. all exclusives look better on all systems. dude