why do Sony hardly ever advertise the PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whippy1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 whippy1963
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts

There is so much the public don't know because they don't advertise the games. I have constantly seen microsoft xbox and nintendo Wii adverts for their games and hardware but hardly any for sony. No wonder their xclusives sell badly. No one knows about them unless you read websites like this or magazines. I think Sony need to look into better advertising. i bet i wont see a single Eyepet ad when that appears in November.

Can you remember the last advert you saw for the ps3?

State if fromUSA or UK. Im inUK and it is rubbish for ps3 adverts.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
I've seen at least 4 ps3 slim adverts on tv in the last half an hour...
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Because everyone already knows Sony is the best
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

Perhaps because Sony doesn't have more money than sense like a certain Mr. Gates that they have to have an advert after every other one on TV.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I've seen a TON of PS3 Slim 299 and MLB2 commercials, they are hilarious:D

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'm in the UK and it's actually been good for PS3 ads in the last few weeks.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
I've seen at least 4 ps3 slim adverts on tv in the last half an hour...ryrulez
I have yet to see one of those slim comercials on tv, and the only game I've seen advertise on tv this year was KZ2 but only like 2 times. I just keep seeing countless 360 advertisement every freaking day
whippy1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whippy1963
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts

[QUOTE="ryrulez"]I've seen at least 4 ps3 slim adverts on tv in the last half an hour...RTUUMM
I have yet to see one of those slim comercials on tv, and the only game I've seen advertise on tv this year was KZ2 but only like 2 times. I just keep seeing countless 360 advertisement every freaking day

agreed, same for me hence why i asked the question. Microsoft know how to advertise and thats why they get more of the market. Come on Sony, say to the customers how much better the ps3 is.

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 robertmac_33
Member since 2004 • 849 Posts

Theres a PS3 advert on every ad break on some of the channels in the UK as well as adverts for the PSP. Not to mention the full page colour adverts in various magazines and newspapers. So Yes Sony do advertise for their systems. Its the first in a very long while. I think the last bunch were the uber dodgy "This is living" ads

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robertmac_33

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"][QUOTE="ryrulez"]I've seen at least 4 ps3 slim adverts on tv in the last half an hour...whippy1963

agreed, same for me hence why i asked the question. Microsoft know how to advertise and thats why they get more of the market. Come on Sony, say to the customers how much better the ps3 is.

Microsoft have a never ending stream of money at their disposal thats why there are so many adverts for their system. Dont let it **** you off too much :)
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

IT depends where you live I used to see so many 360 and wii commercials but honestly for the past year or couple of months it's been quite average for all systems, I see the Dissidia commercial and i've seen PS3 commercials but I hardly see 360 now and I saw a couple of wii resort ones and I live in Toronto so.

MissCammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MissCammy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Before they realised they needed a re-launch and to push it with all their marketing might, Sony believed that the strength of their brand and their hardware would be enough to keep the Playstation 3 going - I don't think they expecting Microsoft to throw money around and frame all gaming discussion as well as they have. They also didn't want to spend the extra money, since they were already losing hundreds of dollars/yen/euros/pounds on each PS3 sold. A lot of their divisions have been in the red for a while now, so they were looking to cut costs however they can.
ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
we need Sony to advertise their exclusive games such as Uncharted 2.
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Yes, I agree. If Sony wants to sell many PS3s, they must advertise much more. Where have the crying babycommercials gone? I see that Sony is beginning to advertise the PS3 slim, but I hope that doesn't die off. I want a montage demonstrating the possibilities of the PS3 with many explosions and heart-pounding music, like that Motorstorm commercial, or the "Boom, do you want it."Those were good.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Stop fooling yourself fanboy. You make it sound like it's poor lil ol Sony.

Perhaps because Sony doesn't have more money than sense like a certain Mr. Gates that they have to have an advert after every other one on TV.

metalicelvis
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I've seen at least 4 ps3 slim adverts on tv in the last half an hour...ryrulez

I've never seen one...ever.

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 robertmac_33
[QUOTE="feryl06"]Stop fooling yourself fanboy. You make it sound like it's poor lil ol Sony.

metalicelvis

He's a fanboy how? I very much doubt Sony have the same amount of money at its disposal in comparison to Microsoft... One of , if not the largest Software Company in the world
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Ive notice more TV ads for the PS3 lately than every before in the UK. The last ad I saw on the TV was last night.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

I dont see any ps3 game commericals at all....Remember that gme that was being made for over 5 years nd cost millions in killzone???

Well they forgot to advertise it and last minute maybe came up with 2 horrible commercials. Its sad if you ask me

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

When GT5 comes out you will see ads in the UK

SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

i think they have a fair ammount now that they've started selling the slim, i can't remember the last time they've pushed anything ps3 related this well. I especially like how the commercial ends with that weird voice shouting "Playstation!". but still they need to push their system alittle harder and start supporting their game library more.

filipino_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 filipino_boy
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

I was watching Spiderman2 on a local channel last night, the $299 rumor commercial was on about every 3 commercial breaks (I live in SoCal by the way).

Also, there were ads on Myspace running a couple days ago.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I've seen plenty of ads.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I seen quite a few PS3 slim commercials in Canada.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
You really really believe that Sony doesn't have the money? Why do people automatically assume that Sony doesn't have the income when they own music/movies/games/electronics, etc...? Yes, fanboys assume this kind of stuff. Sony has the money, they just choose not to spend it. [QUOTE="robertmac_33"][QUOTE="feryl06"]Stop fooling yourself fanboy. You make it sound like it's poor lil ol Sony.

metalicelvis

He's a fanboy how? I very much doubt Sony have the same amount of money at its disposal in comparison to Microsoft... One of , if not the largest Software Company in the world

MissCammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MissCammy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

When GT5 comes out you will see ads in the UK

thelastguy
You will see ads all across Europe as Gran Turismo's launch approaches. It's a monolithic franchise (the original GT sold at least as much as FFVII on PS1) and it's very big in the EU. If it arrives in time for Christmas, Sony is going to have a very nice holiday season.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

I've actually seen a lot of Slim ads in the past few days.