Why do I have to pay more for Dark Souls 2 DLC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

I read that the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass costs $24.99, and upon going to my PSN store, the Season Pass costs $33.99. I'm using the Middle East PSN store at the moment. The price for the physical $50 PSN cards is equivalent to $50, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the currency value, so why do I have to pay $9 more to play the DLC?

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

That is really odd... considering that WITHOUT the season pass on the US store, the DLC is going to be $10 a piece. Your season pass makes them $11 a piece. Not sure what's up with that.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

@LordTrexGuy: "I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the currency value"

Currency value is the most likely reason.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Everything is just more expensive on the Middle East store. As for why $50 in PS Store credit is $50, think about it. Why would someone have to pay more than $50 for $50 of credit?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

i don't know... But there is a reason, theres always a reason. But in this situation I can pretty guarantee that the reason for this is 100% stupid.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Also its a dumb game.... :)

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Just one topic without this pls

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

@commonfate

Its inevitable, this will always be an issue. You're welcome to shut your eyes and ears until its all over

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LordTrexGuy
@Senor_Kami said:

@LordTrexGuy: "I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the currency value"

Currency value is the most likely reason.

@Senor_Kami Skyrim DLC was $9.99 on release, CoD crap is $19.99 and even Battlefield 3 DLC was $19.99, the same price as everywhere else. New games on the store are also $59.99 so I'm pretty sure it's not the currency value.

@SoNin360 said:

Everything is just more expensive on the Middle East store. As for why $50 in PS Store credit is $50, think about it. Why would someone have to pay more than $50 for $50 of credit?

@SoNin360 I'll be honest with you, for a $50 card I pay $52.3 in the local currency, and I have no problem with that because these guys round off the price. I don't understand the last sentence you typed there though. I fully understand that paying $50 will give me $50 of in-store credit. Another problem I have when I used a credit card was that I paid for a $20 card, I was charged $50 to my card by the store instead of $20! This PSN store is f'ked up.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Lulu_Lulu Yes, it is terrible compared to the first game, but then again, I enjoy beating the crap out of sorcerers with this stupidly broken weapon called King's Ultra Greatsword, you gotta take advantage of the trash in this game. Also, I don't want to be at a disadvantage because DS1 DLC brought in some overpowered Dark Magic which you could only counter with another DLC-only.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@LordTrexGuy: Well, it sounded like you were using the fact that $50 gets you $50 in-store credit as a reason why the Dark Souls DLC shouldn't be more expensive. But now you mention there are DLCs that cost the same as they would elsewhere, so now I'm a bit confused. Maybe it's just more recent games/DLC that cost more?

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordTrexGuy

@SoNin360: No, all the DLC cost the same as around everywhere else, the only other overpriced DLC I've seen is Fallout 3's.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

For the same reason everything in your region is not the same price as it is in other countries.

Depending on your country, sales taxes may also apply.