Why can't I copy certain PSP games from my PS3 to my Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

I purchased and downloaded Motorstorm Arctic Edge to my PS3.  I plugged my Vita into my PS3 and ran the content manager, but my Vita doesn't seem to be able to recognize the game at all.  it doesn't appear in the content manager.  Does anybody know why certain PSP games can't even be copied from the PS3 to the Vita?  I live in North America.  I understand that people in Europe are able to get this game to work on their Vita's, but people in NA can't.  Does anybody know why that is?  I searched the web regarding this issue and I haven't really been able to find any info on it.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Not all PSP games work, even through this method.
PipeBigboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3 PipeBigboss
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

It is an allocation in memory that is different so as most of the new systems they changed the hardware and the way that they read the software so you can't use that games sadly. So far there are better games for the PSP than for the Vita

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
It's BS that they still haven't figured this out and the system has been out for a year. Especially when games work in one region and not the other- we clearly know the machine is capable of playing games like MGS: PO, PhSP2, and Motorstorm, but Sony still hasn't done anything to make us able to copy the games over. They work, though.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Wasn't Arctic Edge the game that people were using to hack the Vita? That may be why.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I thought all PSP games were BC on Vita? That's just ridiculous.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
So far there are better games for the PSP than for the VitaPipeBigboss
Not for me. My fav shooter on psp was resistance and on vita cod declassified has that beat., For hack n slash it was god of war on psp but I like the ninja gaidens more on vita.