captainsnuggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 captainsnuggles
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I got a load of ps1 games of a mate for free and i heard that you can play them on a ps2, so i got my ps2, put in the games and they all work fine, but it wouldnt let me save on a ps2 memory card, so i bought a ps1 memory card, its grey with the work '1 mega' on it and a logo that says Skream on it, then on the back it says 'up to 15 blocks'.

So anyway, all the games play fine on my ps2 but then when i used the ps1 memory card it didnt work, on any of the games. the card comes up on the games as empty and when i try to save anything it just says 'saving' for ever, i end up having to reset my ps2 and the games wont save. I heard that it might be because the ps1 memory card is a 3rd party one or something but iv really got no idea, can someone help me?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

Sounds like a memory card problem, I'd get a official ps1 memory card. That way you know it works.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

What Kitty said. Also, if memory serves, I think the PS1 saving is very slow anyway on the ps2. Could be misremembering, since I use my ps3 for ps1 games now

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Yeah, what they said.

I haven't had a problem with saving PS1 or PS2 games on PS2 but sometimes I did have to wiggle the card around a bit as it wouldn't always read that it's inserted on the first try.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@captainsnuggles: Use an official PS1 memory card instead of 3rd party junk cards.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

You can´t save PS1 games in a PS2 memory card, you need a PS1 memory card, the catch is trying to find a new official PS1 MC is going to be tough, you´ll have to purchase an used one, try e-bay, who knows you might get lucky and find a new one.