who's getting the wifi version of the ps vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sly718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sly718
Member since 2006 • 921 Posts

if so why are you getting that one over the 3g one?

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

if so why are you getting that one over the 3g one?

sly718
I live in a pretty small town and we don't even get an AT&T signal out here so the 3G model would be useless to me. I wish they would have went with Verizon for the 3G service.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Getting the wifi.

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I'm on the fence. Once the launch 3g bundles are gone the vast majority will buy the wifi only version.

Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
Eternal_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Eternal_Phoenix
Member since 2003 • 9227 Posts
the real question should be who is getting the 3g version? from what I have seen most people are getting the wifi version. Why? easy: it's $50 cheaper, dont have to pay at least $15 each month, if you have alot of wifi access like me you are "always" connected, you can tether the internet from your phone to the vita, 3g apps are meaningless to you unless you are into the whole social networking thing...
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

3G, all the way!

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#7 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

I am, The Wifi Version is $348 where i live and the 3g one is $418. I will be using my vita at home mostly so i will have access to Wifi anyway, the 3g is next to useless for me.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts
Dont see much point in the 3G one, wifi model much cheaper so sticking to that.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zarshack

Dont see much point in the 3G one, wifi model much cheaper so sticking to that.Blake135
one cool thing i have seen though is 3g model specific apps. check out T@g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDwDrQdv1AQ

Obviously that alone isnt worth getting the 3g one for but who knows what they could end up doing with that sort of tech.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

definitely the wifi... which 90% people are getting... i'm getting it because i already have an unlimited 3g plan on my iphone 4s so i'll just use the wifi hotspot to tether it... plus...i don't see the point of using a vita to browse or skype etc...

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

definitely the wifi... which 90% people are getting... i'm getting it because i already have an unlimited 3g plan on my iphone 4s so i'll just use the wifi hotspot to tether it... plus...i don't see the point of using a vita to browse or skype etc...

looseyourself87
You don't know how many people are getting Wi-Fi and how many are getting 3G so please don't state something as fact without something to back it up. I very much doubt it's 90% to 10%.
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamejunkieUK
[QUOTE="Eternal_Phoenix"]the real question should be who is getting the 3g version? from what I have seen most people are getting the wifi version. Why? easy: it's $50 cheaper, dont have to pay at least $15 each month, if you have alot of wifi access like me you are "always" connected, you can tether the internet from your phone to the vita, 3g apps are meaningless to you unless you are into the whole social networking thing...

When you factor in the bonuses you get with the 3G model it's a better option.
DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal_Phoenix"]the real question should be who is getting the 3g version? from what I have seen most people are getting the wifi version. Why? easy: it's $50 cheaper, dont have to pay at least $15 each month, if you have alot of wifi access like me you are "always" connected, you can tether the internet from your phone to the vita, 3g apps are meaningless to you unless you are into the whole social networking thing...GamejunkieUK

What bonuses are those then? I really see no point in the 3G. I think it's too large too for using it as a mobile internet device. And i don't need an 3G device, i would like one, but then i'd buy a phone instead of the Vita for it. The Vita will be for gaming for me.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zarshack

[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"][QUOTE="Eternal_Phoenix"]the real question should be who is getting the 3g version? from what I have seen most people are getting the wifi version. Why? easy: it's $50 cheaper, dont have to pay at least $15 each month, if you have alot of wifi access like me you are "always" connected, you can tether the internet from your phone to the vita, 3g apps are meaningless to you unless you are into the whole social networking thing...DGonlag

What bonuses are those then? I really see no point in the 3G. I think it's too large too for using it as a mobile internet device. And i don't need an 3G device, i would like one, but then i'd buy a phone instead of the Vita for it. The Vita will be for gaming for me.

i couldnt tell you about everywhere but i know here in australia you get wipeout 2048 as a bonus for getting the 3G vita.

looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 looseyourself87

it's a forum not a law journal.i'm not stating facts i;m assuming .and i'm assuming based on people on the internet in different forums and also a friend who's a gamestop employee. other than the first edition launches almost next to no-one is getting the 3g on launch day

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Wi Fi for me. I dont plan on taking the Vita out of the house. If i do, it will be just for games or movies i got off of psn, so i really see no point in 3G.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamejunkieUK

it's a forum not a law journal.i'm not stating facts i;m assuming .and i'm assuming based on people on the internet in different forums and also a friend who's a gamestop employee. other than the first edition launches almost next to no-one is getting the 3g on launch day

looseyourself87
Well it's hardly scientific then is it. You don't know how many people are getting the Wi-Fi and how many the 3G so you can't say for certain what the percentage is. I am going to assume your numbers have no basis in fact. I will also assume its not 90% getting the Wi-Fi model.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
because i dont game outside my house.... and even if i did... i wouldnt want to pay additional fees (monthly)
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#19 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'm getting the WiFi model. It's cheaper, I have no plans to carry the Vita outside of my house (I'm not going to be playing it while driving or while at work, and even if I was the battery life would barely allow for it), I've heard no good things about AT&T, I don't want to pay a monthly fee for no reason, it's 3G not 4G, the 3G would not allow me to download or to play games online unless I was in a WiFi area anyway.
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 looseyourself87

^^^ exactly what he said. There's a reason why the 3g is getting deals it's because it's not selling. And you can assume whatever you want. Nothing scientific but based on this forum thread alone i think it should be obvious which is sellling more..

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

It's cheaper, I don't want to be tied into a monthly contract, I don't need the functionality it offers since I mainly play single player stuff anyway!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

It's cheaper, I don't want to be tied into a monthly contract, I don't need the functionality it offers since I mainly play single player stuff anyway!

SadPSPAddict
There is NO contract.
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 looseyourself87

^ true and u can't play multiplayer with 3g anyway

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

^ true and u can't play multiplayer with 3g anyway

looseyourself87

Depends where you live as to whether there is a contract or not!! In Oz its 55AUD a month over a 12 month contract so.........

So if you can't play multiplayer with 3G what the heck is the point??

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Wifi for me, don't want another subscription(and yeah i know it's not recurring, it's a block of data you can eat away at for a long time), feels like i'd be paying for nothing special. However I would get the 3G bundle as it works out the same price as the wifi version, i'll be buying games anyway so i might as well pay an extra £40 for the 3G version and get a game and a bigger card at the same time.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I already have the PSvita wifi version. Got the first edition bundle

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

I'm getting the wifi version simply because I don't want the 3g. Already have a 3g smartphone.

trent44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trent44
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

I am getting the Wifi Vita because it makes sense:

-costs $50 less

-no monthly cost for service

-no SMS spam

-less battery consumption

-weighs less

-no chance of stalking via GPS

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamejunkieUK

^^^ exactly what he said. There's a reason why the 3g is getting deals it's because it's not selling. And you can assume whatever you want. Nothing scientific but based on this forum thread alone i think it should be obvious which is sellling more..

looseyourself87
You don't have a clue how much each version is selling or that the 3G version is getting special offers because it's not selling. You like everyone here have no idea what the ratio in sales is and just making wild assumptions. The forum thread doesn't give any indication of the overall sales and preorders not to mention you don't know how both models are doing in other regions. If you want to keep making unfounded assumptions then so be it.
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 looseyourself87

thank you. i'll stick to my unfounded assumptions like everyone else who doesn't think a game forum is an exam hall.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Already got the FEB but I have a wifi preordered that I need to cancel.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I'm going to get the Wifi model because I don't see a need for 3G at all. There are free Wifi hotspots all over the place if I really want to go multiplayer. Speaking of, I rarely used multiplayer on my PSP. Its just not that great compared to consoles. I get portables for single player games.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
cheaper
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am considering 3G for accurate gps. Curious if they will make it useful for gaming somehow
Avatar image for TwighlightBlade
TwighlightBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TwighlightBlade
Member since 2012 • 872 Posts

me. I don't have the money to pay for monthly service and have no need of it as I have wifi at my house.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
another thing about the 3G is the 8GB memory card really isnt giving you much. I could easily seeing me have to buy either another 8 or 16 gb.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

me but ill get it probably in the fall. mainly cause i dont need 3g and dont wanna pay extra for the service.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
Wifi because if I can't game on on the 3G model what's the point. Also you can't download anything over 20mb on psn.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
Preordered my Wifi version today ;o).......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
sly718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sly718
Member since 2006 • 921 Posts

ended up sticking to the wifi version. picked it up for midnight release.

NightOwlOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NightOwlOne
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Just the WiFi for me, getting it today.