who like free to play and microtransation games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll who like free to play and microtransation games (8 votes)

yes 25%
no 75%
i really dont know what it is 0%

My answer is no and I don't know exactly how it works. Example, war thunder I if this is a SO call free to play you end up spending way more than a AAA even with $20 season pass. I believe war of thunder is $90 with the 20,000 pts bundle. I am not really with season passes either since so far watch dogs isn't a savings based on the packs provided with the pass.

Feel free to correct me on games where season pass is a benefit and comment on free to play survey. I get it that free to play benefit developers etc. I just font know if it benefits me. Yes I know you can decide how much you want to buy in say for example war of thunder but u will be tempted to want all the packs. I guess that is the point.

• 
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Most I've played are bad but Marvel Heroes is very good.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Case-by-case basis.

I've really enjoyed Destiny of Spirits, which I've played for well over 150 hours, and what little I've played of No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either was quite good.

I also played a lot of Tekken Revolution when it came out, and it was plenty of fun.

If I ever spend any kind of money on something in-game, I treat it the same way as anything else in life. Is it good value? Will it bring me pleasure/entertainment/satisfaction? Is there nothing else I would rather do with this money right now? If I'm having fun with the game and it seems like a good idea, then I'll consider paying for something. If not, no harm done, move on. Simple. Painless.

Games, in which I have spent money on micro-transactions in-game (AU dollars):

• Destiny of Spirits (About $25 all up. No regrets. You don't really need to spend money to get by in this game, though.)
  • NBA 2K14 (About $15 on coins. Wasn't really worth it in the end. I just used it to boost up in the My Player career mode. I got the game with PS Plus so I don't really care).
  • Tekken Revolution (I think it was about $7 or so. I had spent 30+ hours on the game for free, and felt like wasting some money. No regrets. I had fun with it.)
  • World of Warcraft (This probably doesn't really count because back when I played, the pet store wasn't accessible in-game, but I used to buy pets and mounts for friends and guildmates for birthdays, or as gifts for helping me with something, or just if I felt in a generous mood. I had bought some of them for myself too, such as that charity pet for the Japanese tsunami relief. I paid for a few server transfers on occasions, a couple faction changes, couple re-customizations).

That's about all I can think of right now.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@MethodManFTW: which proves why I don't want those type of games. I want a set price game that is super duper great on its own with plenty of content and if they want to add packs then I can decide if this will make the game greater. The only pass I bought was for uncharted which is one of my most favorite franchises ever.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@MethodManFTW: which proves why I don't want those type of games. I want a set price game that is super duper great on its own with plenty of content and if they want to add packs then I can decide if this will make the game greater. The only pass I bought was for uncharted which is one of my most favorite franchises ever.

Yeah if you don't want them don't play them... Some people like them.. I'm sure that Tekken F2P game is good, I just don't like 3d fighters in general.. PlanetSide 2 is fun.. DOTA 2 and League of Legends are the two most popular games in the world.. When I saw "Most I've played are bad" I just mean I don't like most I've played.. They aren't personally for me but I do see the appeal so I'm glad they continue to be offered.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Correction guys. I just paid for $7.99 resogun the pass which was $3 more than the new pack that came. I figure this is a fun game that was free with Psn and what is $3 so it's free for me with other packs in the future.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Just as @Lhomity has said I go case by case, as long as I'm having fun, the microtransaction aren't an issue. If I can enjoy it at it's free barebones level I don't mind investing in it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I may give Deep Down a chance, but that is as far as I go and willing to take the risk with and even then, I may never get it.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

I do enjoy some mobile ftp micro games. Heroes is Dragon Age is a good time waster as are some of the "tiny" series games. Basically just mindless shallow games good for when you're taking a long dump. The best part is there's no reason to pay real money for in game items.