who is willing to pay $20 for MGS 5 prologue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I love the MGS series with MGS 1 in the US as my favorite but the formula became old without being able to shoot and move freely( yes I know u could do something to hold a trigger and run and shoot simultaneously). Now finally the machanics are fully updated with the open world. I am just wondering if we are getting stiffed for paying $20 then later next yr paying for the real game? I want my fix of MGS 5 just like the next metal gear fan but the prologue must be worth buying as a minigame. How much do we need to get use to the open world of MGS 5 phantom pain to justify this game? This feels like we are getting juiced.

Why can't Mr. Hideo give us a demo with the preoder of MGS5 phantom pain and call it the prologue. I will have a wait and see attitude before spending my $20 bucks.

80 hits and no one cares to comment huh? Yall guys are fall for the okie doke everytime with these companies. I like games but these companies are big business and they want your money. Dont think they are doing you a favor their first and foremost objective is to get paid like any big corporation.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

I dislike it also. Will probably wait to see if it comes bundled with the full game later. I feel like the series as a whole is heading in a weird direction.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm not sure. It sounds like it's nothing more than a cash grab, and worse a forced cash grab. Been a prologue anyone who wants to play Phantom Pain, will probably need to play Ground Zeroes first essentially boosting the price of an already £50 game up to £80 if you're getting it on PS4 like I was planning. TBH, I'm thinking I might skip MGS V all together now.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ewalthour

@ewalthour: I also don't want to see some art book or some figurine added to the prologue to justify charging $20 bucks. This prologue has to be way larger than a demo to warrant me even thinking about buying it. But it seems like we are paying for Hideo new studio in Cali. l like the fact Mr. Hideo doesn't tell us too much about his games but he seems to screw with us by saying I can't remember how many times that he is done with MGS and people by now should never believe him anymore. I can't blame him for not passing up on a making MGS game on a new console to really provide us his envision of what he really wants to do with his game.

He is very innovative and now he is listening to the fans by finally taking away all those damn cutscenes and giving us options to feel we can actually decide to go stealth or balls out shooting without hiding in a box and waiting 5 mins before the alarm goes off. Don't get me wrong I love his convoluted stories that can be confusing but intriguing at the same time. I just would like more balance with WAY more gameplay and a great story to compliment the game.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i am really confused with all these news about separate ground zero and phantom pain, but whatever i am getting everything they release..

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ewalthour

I stand corrected after going bro polygon website to see 6.5 sorr of cod ghost I read about mgs5 that will cost $30 for ps5 version prologue. Where ps3 is $20 .so this is even worse.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

I'm technically saving money lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Geminon said:

@ewalthour said:

I stand corrected after going bro polygon website to see 6.5 sorr of cod ghost I read about mgs5 that will cost $30 for ps5 version prologue. Where ps3 is $20 .so this is even worse.

english motherfucker..... DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

Hahahahahaha!!

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I suppose I don't mind getting it.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

but i mo ighr akez teh moSt munny so g nanow to typ3 tel me h

ill probably get this im a sucker for kojima games

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

For all the people up in arms about paying 20$ for one mission, we have absolutely no idea how long that mission will actually be.. It could be three or four hours for all we know, in which I'd like to point out we're consistently paying 60$ for 8 hour games.. 20$ doesn't make any difference to me. Metal Gear is Metal Gear.

^^ Also the first Metal Gear was only like 2 hours long.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ewalthour

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: its actually $30 for ps4 so it better be longer than 5-6 hrs and first mgs game was very short game wise but a very great short game that u would play over and over again.

I am saying mgs prologue needs to prove to me its worth the price if then 6 months later mgs pain comes out. I assume mgs pain is coming out next yr. Mgs pain better come out in Nov like it has before

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

^^^ I haven't read that yet... I'm still under the impression it's 20.

Kojima has said that the intention for Ground Zeroes is to replay it over and over again to find new ways to get through it, much like the first game. Regardless of 20 or 30 dollars, there's no denying many developers would try and put the game on the shelf for full price.

IndoorActivist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IndoorActivist
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

You had to buy Zone of the Enders to play the Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo. A demo that was all of about an hour long, but what an hour.

This demo will have so much replay value. Trust in the Kojima.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ewalthour

@IndoorActivist: this is really a bad comparison with charging you $30 for a game broken up from the full version with a demo added to a game in a attempt to entice u to buy a game u may not have originally bought. Yes that was a long sentence. I don't trust kojami or any other game maker. He makes exactly the game he wants. Like I said, when prologue comes out it will be a wait for review and possibly wait until its used so I could return it to gamestop for free if there policy remains. Prologue has to be at least 5-8 hr game to justify $30. This is my money and no one else is buying me the game as a gift.

I could be pleasantly surprised and the game is worth every penny.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

Please people. PLEASE, don't be a sucker. This current gen should've taught everyone a valuable lesson.

I ain't falling for no BS in the gaming world ever again. Not buying shit on release day, not buying consoles that don't even have their full list of features ready at launch. Are you serious with that crap!?

Don't waste your money on something you know is gonna get included in the actual complete version of the game. There. Is. No. Point. KJP is only testing now what many other publishers have been doing the last 8 years---seeing how easily you may or may not throw your money away.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ewalthour

I am not going to lie. I read today that mgs will have a new trailer and possibly new ps4 exclusive info about mgs after the ps4 launch tomorrow. Maybe we will find out if mgs prologue will be worth $30.

I am getting pumped for ps4 and mgs and hope prologue is going to be a big time pre phantom pain so I have a excuse to buy it.

linkftw12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By linkftw12
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Xbox One has Raiden. PS4 is just getting a PS1 skin. LOL!

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

@Geminon: i flagged you.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

At this point I won't be spending $20 on a piece of a game.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@RiKanKiDD said:

@Geminon: i flagged you.

and i flagged you.... gratz

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

It won't be a open world...the prologue is 30bucks on ps4 and while kojima said in recent interview that it will be a bigger more open space than previous mgs games but not open world like mgs5...also while some of u thinking this is just a quick cash grab, might be, but he again mentioned that mgs5 will take longer than expected so he made this prologue for OUR patient till mgs5. I also hope and think it'll be about 3 to 5Hrs long, probably depending on how u play it. Either way mgs is mgs, it not forced to buy it. But true fans will... Me on the other hand I know they will Make a pre-order bonus or a collector's edition bundle where they will include this with mgs5 either free with pre-order. Or a extra $10 on top of the 59.99 price

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28  Edited By Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Look. . Hideo Kojima has not let us down before, so I think we should wait and see what is going to be expected firsthand when it is delivered.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

@Geminon: Lol I quoted that too today in Mount and Blade lol

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

@mrintro said:

I dislike it also. Will probably wait to see if it comes bundled with the full game later. I feel like the series as a whole is heading in a weird direction.

This is exactly what I'm going to do. I also see it the same way. I'm kind of afraid of that. We still have the stealth feel to it, but I'm kind of afraid that it won't be like a traditional MGS game.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I will wait for the Complete edition where all mgs5 games are out. This just seems like milking to me.

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

If people gladly pay $20 for Call of Duty DLC, why won't they pay for this? That's part of the reason why publishers are so confident in charging these prices, they cause it's already been proven that enough people WILL pay to make it profitable.

BiggChonies882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiggChonies882
Member since 2012 • 126 Posts

MGS is one of the best series of all time. I would pay $100 for 5-6 hours of MGS.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ewalthour

I am looking forward to MGS prologue and although we may get juiced I probably will buy it day one unless a review is really bad

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i wouldn't, but that's just me

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MarcRecon

I'm gonna let you guys take the plunge....see what the reaction is before I buy.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MarcRecon said:

I'm gonna let you guys take the plunge....see what the reaction is before I buy.

that's the smartest decision

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarcRecon

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

If it has at least 3-5hrs of gameplay then I think it would be worth 20-30 bucks....anything less the that, they can forget it! Look guys, if we take the bait on this, you better believe that other companies will try the same crap.

I understand that it's a business and it's all about making money, but trying to pimp the consumer it just WRONG!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MarcRecon said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

If it has at least 3-5hrs of gameplay then I think it would be worth 20-30 bucks....anything less the that, they can forget it! Look guys, if we take the bait on this, you better believe that other companies will try the same crap.

I understand that it's a business and it's all about making money, but trying to pimp the consumer it just WRONG!

To me personally it looks like an overpriced DLC tutorial though. But i hope i am wrong

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MarcRecon

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

To me personally it looks like an overpriced DLC tutorial though. But i hope i am wrong

lol....agreed

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride

@MarcRecon said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

lol....agreed

But i hope i am wrong though, but so far it's what it looks like. And the PS4 exclusive content is stupid