who agrees (poll) ps3 controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

personally i want them to keep the stix the same, add rumble, a new design (boomerang-ish) and a material to match my shiny ps3

I CHOOSE #1

what about u?

kawizxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kawizxr
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

I like the current design. I would be pissed if they changed it b/c of rumble add-on. The current design feels confterble in my hands. Maybe they can have an add-on that attaches to the usb port of the controller for rumble in the future. That way all of us that bought additional controller and have systems that came with out rumble controllers would have a 2nd options instead of just having to buy new controllers.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
keep the design the same, add rumble and dump the poorly used motion control
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

keep the design the same, add rumble and dump the poorly used motion control-DirtySanchez-

i thougt about dumping the motion control too, but its too early for that MGS4 might use it right and other games will learn too

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]keep the design the same, add rumble and dump the poorly used motion controlwinner-ps3

i thougt about dumping the motion control too, but its too early for that MGS4 might use it right and other games will learn too

i wouldnt mind if games used it right, but they havent yet, and aslong as its in devs will try to use it and more tehn likely muck it up, and all the time and moneywasted givein us a poorly implimented feature could of been put to good use else were on the project
mikee88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mikee88
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
It's way too early to change it! The PS3 hasn't even been out for a year in the US. Game creators might actually learn how to us the Sixaxis in a way that actually make the game better, not just a tacky add-on (Ninja Gaiden Sigma anyone?)
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

Keep the sticks the same, I have both systems and never had a problem going from one to the other, I don't need the PS3 to copy the 360 stick layout. It's just fine the way it is. I don't care if it resembles the rang of boom but I'm fine with leaving it as is too. I think you seriously need to reconsider wanting a controller in the same material finish as the PS3, it would look like total crap and probably be scratched to hell after a few months.

It's fine on the PS3, but that thing is a dust, fingerprint and scratch magnet if you don't take care of it properly, I've seen several people that have not taken perfect care, and it doesn't look so great, and a controller you couldn't help but touch and scratch it, it would only look good if you waxed it and never played it.

On the rumble, I want rumble, but I'm torn whether it should be with SIXAXIS or not, the motion controls are mediocre at best right now, and I really doubt that having a rumble pack or several pads in there vibrating is going to make the controls better, and probably much worse. If they can pull it off fine, but I think they are playing with fire to do both.

I think Sony needs to get off the fence with this whole motion sensing controller, nobody has done even close to a decent job with it yet, it is little more than a quirky novelty at this point. Sony needs to either get a first party dev to really take the thing and show how brilliant it can be used to set an example for all other devs, and really make a show thatmotionsensing controlscan bean inventive and fun control method in next gen games, and not just some stupid retarded minigame wand in a last gen 1.3 Nintendo system. I'm not a preschooler wanting to play Cooking Mama on my 600 dollar PS3. Sony needs to be the one to make a game to show everyone what it can be used for, and not just sit on thier hands and wait for some other game maker to play around with it here and there and just say "SIXAXIS offers motion sensing control". Do something you jerks.

Either that, or abandon it completely and reinvent the rumble controller with this pad based technology they are supposedly working with, show how that idea still has some life left in it. But what Sony is doing now with this sitting on the fence deal, is no good for anyone. Thier not sure they want to go after Nintendo with motion detecting or go after Microsoft with a new rumble controller after publicly saying that in short "rumble sucked and was the past". So instead, they sit on thier hands and give us the gamer nothing, no real motion controls worth anybody's time, and no rumble either. Just do something for god's sake.

ynfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 ynfive
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

I like the current design. I would be pissed if they changed it b/c of rumble add-on. The current design feels confterble in my hands. Maybe they can have an add-on that attaches to the usb port of the controller for rumble in the future. That way all of us that bought additional controller and have systems that came with out rumble controllers would have a 2nd options instead of just having to buy new controllers.

kawizxr
OOOH i like the USB idea. hadn't thought of that yet. give an on the fly option. I always keep saying I don't miss rumble, and adding it to the 6AX means extra weight.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
Folklore IMO proved motion control can be used in a intertesting and fun way and i dont miss rumble its overrated ======================>
wade3024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 wade3024
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts

Man what s with the essay on PS3 controllers; never waste your time like that. Aint no one gonna read dat! LOL!

Anyway! Dont really care, but true six axis sucks, except for maybe buck-stroke.

Rumble who cares, you hardly even notice it when your playing an awesome game!

I'd rather conserve my battery for longer play.

Therefore im pretty happy with the design out now!

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
The sticks are fine imo and rumble controllers are coming. I think they should change the form factor very slightly to a more rounded shape for comfort but nothing too exteme.
AznTakumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 AznTakumi
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts

Ps3 controller is perfect to me, not so heavy and see through black, that is sweet. It is just like the ps2 controll expect for the center button and L and R 2,

Overall the ps3 controll is perfect, at a good size, really light, and lets you play ps1 and ps2 games without a different controller. :3

wade3024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wade3024

I agree with AznTakumi; it is backwards compatible with old games. But since Europe and australia nd soon everyone else the lack of emotion engine puts you off playing older games. For eg: im a fan of the final fantasy series, bought everyone on PSX, and naturally wanted FFXII, but it doesnt work properly on PS3. So ill probably never play it. By the way my PS2 barely works. (PS2 was the worst console ever!)

eredgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 eredgar
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts
sixaxis is pretty lame, they should just have almost everygame have the option to turn it off. Like in Heavenly Sword to guide ammo. Of course like the rubber duck game my gf plays, some games need it. I would take rumble over it anyday. but you can leave it in if developers dont require it.
AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts
keep everything the same, and just add THE DAMN RUMBLE
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I think it should stay the same. Don't care if it has rumble or not.
bazookajoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bazookajoe19
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts
sixaxis controls work very well with warhawk, the folklore demo, and motorstorm (if you actually give it a chance). it took me one day to get completely used to using the sixaxis controls for motorstorm. i cant stand playing racing games with the analog sticks anymore.
themadlbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themadlbb
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts

I own both systems...let me just say that if Bioshock does come to the PS3 and you cant feel the controller shaking when a big daddy walks close by...you are missing out. Same goes for other games. Rumble isnt necessary, but it adds a great effect when properly implemented.

younggrease42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 younggrease42
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

thats true about the Big Daddy that is one of the best uses of Rumble ever..

but on topic..i wish they would change the sticks because during NBA 2k is hard to do isomotion moves becuse I have big hands and they are so close together.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
I want a rumbling boomerang!
GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeneralX84
Member since 2007 • 768 Posts

you guys all want rumble that much?

just imaginehow fast the rumble will drain the batteryfrom the controller
you'll probably charge the remote around3 times a week, comparing to current one,once or twice per week

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
keep the design the same, add rumble and dump the poorly used motion control-DirtySanchez-
How about add rumble, and fine tune the motion controls, I would pay an extra $10 for that.
Textar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Textar
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I think the design for the controller is pretty solid - has been since the PS1 days. Sure upgrades have happened but what is essentially the same controller use the logic 'if it aint broke - dont fix it'

One comment I must make in regards to the PS3 controller though is the trigger buttons. At first I thought they were great and in many games I think they are executed well - but in games where you need to hold down these triggers for long periods of time I find my finger starts to slide off the trigger....

wade3024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wade3024
I agree that the triggers would be slippery after a while holding them, but also the L3 and R3 nobs are also very slippery, after running around dodging bullets in RB6 you slip off them; which get annoying. They should make them more rubbery or something to make your thumbs grip.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
I go with 1. Since the day of PS1, the layout has been the same, I've gotten way too use to it. :P
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
keep it the same but put rumble in it
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
The controller for the PS3 is ergonomically correct and has proven to be the template for alot of consoles...
wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts

Analog sticks STAY THE SAME! Rumble: I don't really care because the only time I noticed it on my PS2 and 360 was when I put the controller down during the cut scenes that had rumble in them and then my controller would make annoying noises and glide across the floor...

I want the same design too but a shiny black material for the controller would be sooo awesome but it would have to not leave finger prints.

The only thing that should change is the L2 and R2 "trigger" buttons because they are kinda awkward to hold down and it would be a lot better if they changed them back to normal or made them more likea trigger like the 360's.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Keep it the same.
Clever_NYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Clever_NYC
Member since 2002 • 64 Posts
i say add rumble and change the design. I'm always in favor of innovative thinking I would hate to think that the atari joystick design would be in use today for consoles because people were complacent sheep (bah!).
Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts
No rumble, please, if it means changing anything. It is a useless feature, in my opinion, and I am still learning to use the SixAxis.
Game_Lover500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Game_Lover500
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts

Yeah keep it

da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 da1writer
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts

Don't hate on the sixaxis too much, it is early in in it's life and I'm sure people are going to implement it correctly along with learning how to make game look nd play better on the PS3. There are some games that actually use it well:

1) Flow- At it's small price I had to get it! Game looks and sounds great, even though it's sparse I didn't care! You use the motion sensing to play the game, no analogs, you HAD to use the motion sensing. It was hard at first but once I got use to it, controling with the motion sensing was easy!

2) Folklore- This game just looks great and I hope they improvethe gameplayenough to make it worthy of a purchase for me. Sixaxis controls are used well in trying to take the souls of enemies through motion sensing!

PS3 isn't even a year old and people bash it before it's understood. Give it next year and games will look, play, and run better than the Xbox 360 plus motion sensing should be improved by then.

On a side note, I would like rumble implemented also please :)!

Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts
I agree with da1writer; SixAxis was well-implemented in Folks' Soul and fit perfectly to FLoW.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
Personally I like the light weight controller. But it needs some force feedback AKA rumble.
xbxman82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xbxman82
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
keep the controller the same we have had this cintroller for how many years.we like it the way it is just like ms has there design set we have the samethat controller design is everything that is good bout the playstation brand and people the rumble motors can go in with one of them and still give of enough feedback so quit **** if ya want rumble let sony give us rumble all anybody has to dois take the controller apart on ps2 and see that they can get away with it without CHANGING the design so it goes up like maybe 1/2 -1 pound in weight so what we have rumble then it is your choice you want rumble buy a controller that has rumble if ya dont then dont BUY one nobody is twisting anybody's arm saying you have to buy this new controller you all have a ps3 already this is for the people that dont have a ps3 that do consider rumble to be great that haven't got a ps3 yet we win in the end the ps3 is going to dominate like the ps1 and ps2 before it so let's sit back and enjoy.now as far bioshock is concerned let the 360 keep it listen people NO MULTIPLAYER nuff said
tfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tfaa
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
sony has had the best controller layout since they introduced the analog controller. i would never want them to change it. i could care less for rumble, never really cared much for it anyways. so im completely happy with it now.