Which PSP package should I buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jason_A
Member since 2006 • 2121 Posts

I live in Canada and am going to buy a PSP.

What PSP package should I get?  The Core or a bundle that comes with certain things?  Plus, what accessories should I get with it right away after I buy it .

I want to be able to play games, play games online and play demos.

Do I need to buy a USB cable (will any kind work or a special PSP kind only) for certain things (e.g. to get demos)?

Do I have to buy a memory stick to do the following (and if so, how big):

-Save games or does the PSP have any internal memory for game saves? 

-To play online?

-To play demos ?

Thanks for any info.

SDHcrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SDHcrusader
Member since 2005 • 230 Posts

You will need a memory card to save demos and games as the psp has a very small internal memory that you cannot often use. Here is a great deal on a card. 2Gb for $30, half price on a good sized card.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802040

As for internet you will need a game with online support such as Socom2 or MGS: PO, you will need either a router or a wifi usb dongle, or you can find a hotspot like a cafe and play. If you have all that then you are set.

As for the bundle option, if the bundle has a game that you like then go for it. If not then the core system is a steal at $170 now. Accessories i would recommend a screen protector as the screen is huge and you will be upset with scratches. Ausb cable is not necessary unless you want media on your psp. you said you were interested in demos so u will need a cable. I heard most camera cables work for the psp, however mine does not.

Splash-Bar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Splash-Bar
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts
I agree with him, buy the Core package, its $30 down from 6 weeks ago! Then I would suggest buying a firm psp case that can hold 2-3 games They should be available at gamestop. And yes, that Memory Stick he cited is an AWESOME deal. Demo size can be anywhere from 5MB-25MB (avg small-avg large), and you will need about 500 KB for all of your game online settings and PSP online config.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
none
Splash-Bar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Splash-Bar
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts
Also, I know most BlackBerry models come with a USB cable that is usable for the psp port, and some other handhelds use the same as well. So check your cell phone cables!
Avatar image for Jack7Of7Spades7
Jack7Of7Spades7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jack7Of7Spades7
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
$30 for a 2gb? I got my 4 gb pro duo in today, $37, and it came with memorystick duo adapter too
SDHcrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SDHcrusader
Member since 2005 • 230 Posts

$30 for a 2gb? I got my 4 gb pro duo in today, $37, and it came with memorystick duo adapter tooJack7Of7Spades7

I was lookin at those on ebay. Decided i didn't trust them and didnt feel like waiting a week and paying $20 to ship it. Went down to gamestop and got a trusted deal.

Avatar image for Jack7Of7Spades7
Jack7Of7Spades7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jack7Of7Spades7
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
I waited a few days, shipping was free, and the seller had hundreds of feedback.