Which PS3 games really blew you away this E3, and which left you wanting more?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kgb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 kgb1234
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

For games that blew me away, it was:

1. The Last Guardian: The animation in this game is unbelievable, it's destined for greatness

2. Gran Turismo 5: There are other games on this list that I'm sure I will enjoy more, but GT5 blew me away, it really is the most realistic looking game i've probably ever seen

3. Final Fantasy XIII: Great trailers, gameplay reminiscent of FFX and Chrono Chross, can't wait.

4. God of War III: Watching this game on my HDTV really showed off the scope of this game

5. Uncharted 2: beautiful, the gameplay looks much more varied this time around and looks like it's going to be one hell of a fun game to play

6. Castlevania: great-looking gameplay, looks like this might do what Resident Evil 4 did for the RE franchise

And for games that left me wanting more:

- Modcar Racers: I REALLY hope that the customization is crazy, because they made and demoed practically the exact same level. Also, if it's going to be a Mario Kart clone, it better have more then just pavement and dirt roads, we need ice, fire, sand, whatever to keep things interesting

- Metal Gear Rising: I'm sure it'll be great, but a little bit of action or something would've been nice

- MAG: I really enjoy the premise of the game and what it could be, but after seeing it on my HDTV screen it looks like a PS2 game. Graphics aren't the most important thing to me, but this game is really ugly.

-Agent: maybe I just didn't give the game enough time when I was watching the demo of it, but it got boring fast.

Borkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Borkil
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts
where did you see a demo of agent?
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

codmf2

mgs peace walker

hairless_ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hairless_ape
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

GT5, GT5, GT5!!! Though I don't think they're ever actually going to realse the game. They'll just keep teasing us for the next 8 years until PS4 comes out.

kgb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kgb1234

where did you see a demo of agent?Borkil

Go to gametrailers.com they have videos of someone playing it

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
one game and one game only, GOD OF WAR 3...........i was so jealous that ppl get to play it at e3 and i was home ,watchin e3 lol. does anyone know why isnt the god of war 3 gameplay footage shown at e3 is on the PSN store? i want to watch it on my hdtv and see how good it is on hdtv(not that i doubt it)
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
Blew me away the most: Definitely Uncharted and not on the PS3, but Splinter Cell: Conviction!

What left me wanting more? MAG, it seems too cluttered, I'd have to sit down and play it myself though. And not on the PS3, but Alan Wake, I was disappointed, there was a lot more gun than I initially expected.

We'll see though. But if there's one thing anyone can be certain of, its that Uncharted will be nothing but EPIC!
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

1. The Last Guardian: The animation in this game is unbelievable, it's destined for greatness

2. Gran Turismo 5: There are other games on this list that I'm sure I will enjoy more, but GT5 blew me away, it really is the most realistic looking game i've probably ever seen

3. Final Fantasy XIII: Great trailers, gameplay reminiscent of FFX and Chrono Chross, can't wait.

4. God of War III: Watching this game on my HDTV really showed off the scope of this game

5. Uncharted 2: beautiful, the gameplay looks much more varied this time around and looks like it's going to be one hell of a fun game to play

6. Castlevania: great-looking gameplay, looks like this might do what Resident Evil 4 did for the RE franchise

- Modcar Racers: I REALLY hope that the customization is crazy, because they made and demoed practically the exact same level. Also, if it's going to be a Mario Kart clone, it better have more then just pavement and dirt roads, we need ice, fire, sand, whatever to keep things interesting

- Metal Gear Rising: I'm sure it'll be great, but a little bit of action or something would've been nice

- MAG: I really enjoy the premise of the game and what it could be, but after seeing it on my HDTV screen it looks like a PS2 game. Graphics aren't the most important thing to me, but this game is really ugly.

-Agent: maybe I just didn't give the game enough time when I was watching the demo of it, but it got boring fast.

kgb1234

yeah i agree with pretty much everything you mentioned....a game not even talked about though i want to add in there is I Am Alive

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

and how could i forget MW2 and DC Universe as well....games ill be getting this November and December are MW2 Uncharted 2 and MAG...

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

[QUOTE="Borkil"]where did you see a demo of agent?kgb1234

That's The Agency, a different game. Anyway,I think my sig says what game i am really excited for after e3.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

MW2 really blew me hard, and I definitely wanted some more.

...wait, what?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
definitely God of War 3 and GT5
Jinki3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jinki3s
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts

Walked away from E3 with 2 major things.

1. God of War III - It was pretty much everything I expected, but I still crave watching videos of this game and hearing more about it. E3 gave us a decent amount of that.

2. Fat Princess - I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. I had no clue it even existed until I saw gamespot's interview thing with them... and wow, it got me hooked. It comes out realllllyy soon and for whatever price they sell it at on the PSN store, I'm sure it'll be worth it. Look into it if you haven't heard of it ;p

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

Uncharted 2. I had the privilage to play the game for myself at the Sony booth.

noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

1. Uncharted 2
2. God Of War 3
3. Modern Warfare 2
4. M.A.G
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. Heavy Rain
7. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
8. MGS: Rising
9. GT5
10. nothing els....:(

Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

kgb1234

Oh my GOD I can't WAIT for The Last Guardian!!! It was beautiful!

This is how I expect my PS3 game collection to look by 2011.

*Disgaea 3: Abscense of Justice *Arcania: A Gothic Tale

*Eternal Sonata *Final Fantasy XIII

*Valkyria chronicles *Final Fantasy Versus XIII

*The Last Remnant *Final Fantasy XIV (This thing'll last for years)

*Tales of Vesperia (hopefully) *Dragon Age: Origins

*White Knight Chronicles *Resonance of Fate

*Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm *Uncharted

*Assassin's Creed *Uncharted 2

*Assassin's Creed 2 *EyePet (did you see this yet? so cool/cute ^^)

*The Eye of Judgement (maybe...) *Demon's Souls

*Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time *Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction

*LittleBIGPlanet *inFamous

*Ninja Gaiden Sigma *PlayStation Home

*Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 *Civilization Revolution

*Street Fighter IV *Soul Calibur IV

*Mini Ninjas *Metal Gear Solid 4

*BioShock *Bioshock 2

*Marvel vs. Capcom 2 *Tekken 6

and more

Seriously what's NOT great about this console now? There's even more to it than the games too. The cell makes cinematic experiences in games possible. PlayStation network and more PSEye stuff, and even the awesome motion-controlled stuff that will be coming out. This E3 just blew me away and opened my eyes up to just what I can look forward too. Most of the games on this list offer so many hours of gameplay too ^_____________^

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

the last guardian

final fantasy XIII

heavy rain

uncharted 2

white knight chronicles

(these 2 are not ps3 games but they still blew me away)

star wars the old republic

muramasa

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 robertmac_33
Member since 2004 • 849 Posts

GT5 looks effin amazing!! Been waiting for this game for i dont know how long

Also looking forward to Uncharted 2 coming out, i loved the first game, even though it was a bit short

But I think they've taken the Guitar Hero Franchise a bit too far, I like it as much as the next average guy...But DJ Hero...Seriously?!?!

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
Funny thing is the game that got me the most excited wasn't even on the PS3. I'm most excited for Peace Walker. Other than that, though, I'm excited for MGS:Rising, The Last Guardian, and God of War 3. I'd also like to see more about the Agent. Can't wait to get my hands on Mod Nation Racing either. The more I think about that game the more excited I get.
Ankofan1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ankofan1993
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

1.The Last Guardian

2.God of War 3

3. Final Fantasy 13:D

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

1. The Last Guardian takes the cake, as far as "Blowing me away".

2. Castlevania : Lord of Shadows was HUGE news for me. I've been wanting to play a Castlevania game so bad... since like the N64/PSOne days... (never had a handheld with the game...) It did not blew me away in termes of "game" but more for the fact that it still exists.

3. God of War III looks extremely violent... which means some kind of fun but I don't know whether it's too much.

4. GT5 is one gooooood-looking game.

5. Uncharted II looks great, but I've yet to play the first opus.

6. FFXIII and XIV, but I don't have any FF experience anyway.

I don't know about MGS : Rising.

I enjoyed the 4th, I've even bought the EC with MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 to see what the series is all about.

But everyone is like "Oh it's not a MGS game, it's more action with Raiden" but to me, this sounds pretty nice.

I'm pretty sure that with some gameplay footage, MGS : R would be near the top or atop the list...

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Batman Arkham Asylum blew me away i cant wait for this game. it looks like it will be a great batman game for once

Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

Man, watching the gameplay for Uncharted 2 melted my brain, this game is going to be epic! this is my top 5 list in order.

1. Uncharted 2
2. God of War 3
3. Modern Warfare 2
4. Assassins Creed 2
5. Fight Night 4

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

The game I am most excited about from this E3 is easily Final Fantasy XIV.

I played FFXI for 4 years off and on, so I'm attached to the series, but this one looks groundbreaking from the things they have been hinting at.

Some of the things the Dev team have said have got me so pumped like :

"This is a story driven game, a Final Fantasy game that you play online, with other people"

" We kept the job system, but it has been completly reinvinted"

"There are no experiance points, no grinding"

"You can play for 10 minutes, or you can play for 10 hours"

"We are building on what we've seen from other MMO's, but the main focus is what we learned from FFXI and its players, we are making a game that will blur the lines of what an MMO is"

(quotes are paraphrased, I don't have the exact wording, but thats the general idea)

THis game will be nothing short of epic, and will be a game you can play on and on for years if your so inclined. I'm very much looking forward to this.

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

Gran Turismo end of story, its the only game that I would pay 100$ for, probably the only game that can last you 1-2 years completting before you even need to touch mulitplayer.

kgb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kgb1234

[QUOTE="kgb1234"]

[QUOTE="Borkil"]where did you see a demo of agent?xmitchconnorx

That's The Agency, a different game. Anyway,I think my sig says what game i am really excited for after e3.

Really? Agent is something else? Sorry, I guess you can kind of see why I was confused, nevertheless I am kind of happy now that Rockstar's Agent is something else.

kgb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kgb1234

1. The Last Guardian takes the cake, as far as "Blowing me away".

2. Castlevania : Lord of Shadows was HUGE news for me. I've been wanting to play a Castlevania game so bad... since like the N64/PSOne days... (never had a handheld with the game...) It did not blew me away in termes of "game" but more for the fact that it still exists.

3. God of War III looks extremely violent... which means some kind of fun but I don't know whether it's too much.

4. GT5 is one gooooood-looking game.

5. Uncharted II looks great, but I've yet to play the first opus.

6. FFXIII and XIV, but I don't have any FF experience anyway.

I don't know about MGS : Rising.

I enjoyed the 4th, I've even bought the EC with MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 to see what the series is all about.

But everyone is like "Oh it's not a MGS game, it's more action with Raiden" but to me, this sounds pretty nice.

I'm pretty sure that with some gameplay footage, MGS : R would be near the top or atop the list...

BaraChat

If you are looking into buying FFXIII, and have no experience with FF's a great entry title for you could be FFX, it's around $20 and renders well on a ps3.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Blew me away:

• GOW3
  • Uncharted 2
  • MAG

Wanting more:

• MGSR
  • GT5
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
My enter key is being lame right now, so my post will look crappy...but anyways. GT5 really caught me by surprise the most when I saw officially licensed WRC cars and NASCAR involved. What a great surprise that was!!
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"][QUOTE="kgb1234"]

kgb1234

Really? Agent is something else? Sorry, I guess you can kind of see why I was confused, nevertheless I am kind of happy now that Rockstar's Agent is something else.

Yeah, Agent is of course the Rockstar exclusive that we basically have no details on, that i'm super excited for. The Agency is an MMO spy game published by Sony Online Entertainment.
georgg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 georgg22
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

Cod MW 2

Mgs

GT5

God of war 3

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
from the ps3 side uncharted 2 for sure and last guardian were the highlights for me
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The FFXIII trailer was off the chain. So glad they put it up for download on the PSN store. Now I can watch it whenever!

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#34 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

1. Uncharted 2

2. Modern Warfare 2

3. Bioshock 2

goyolap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#35 goyolap
Member since 2005 • 477 Posts

heavy rain the orgami killer when I saw the gameplay I thought that I was on nirvana

Also call of duty 2 moderwarfare look like a posible game of the year

Brutal Legend look really great if we put in blender zelda with tenacious d this would come out :p

dissapointed a bit by the agency it looks like good game but it doesnt surpass any limits

but mgs for the psp gave a massive bonner lol

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

MAG was the first game that made my jaw drop when I saw it, mainly because of the concept (which was new to me).

God of War III looks wicked sick!

The Last Guardian looks amazing too but I'm not sure if it's my cuppa tea.

Heavy Rain, ModNation and Agent all piqued my interest, but it is Gran Turismo 5 that has me fidgeting about in my seat in excitement. Even though I know it'll be so damn hard, I too was really excited to see NASCAR and especially WRC partnerships going on in that game. Om nom nom.

coledition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 coledition
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts

I was absolutely amazed by Assassin's creed 2, FInal Fantasy XIII, and Uncharted 2.

Heavy Rain left me wanting for more, they actually only showed a short clip.

Adz263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Adz263
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
1. GoW 3 (when will it arrive :() 2. Heavy Rain 3. GT5 4. Modern Warfare 2
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

there were 2 many awesome games that either hyped me up even more, or actually got me interested in it....

as far as ps3 games go...i would have to say assasins creed 2....i thoroughly enjoyed the first game and seeing all the improvements, i must say that it looks 10x better....double blade assasinations ftw

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

GOD OF WAR 3-this game will stay on my top list of games...

CALL OF DUTY MWF-yeah I love the first one that much but really the online that grap me the most.

GT5-I'am still play the last one and I still ain't get every car yet,but who know when this game is coming out.

BIOSHOCK2-yeah I want this game so bad.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-Man its taking forever to come I guess 2010 is gong to be great year for games again lol.

THE TEAM ICO GAME-yes I know the name of the game but I like calling it that name,anywas that game look good and I want it so bad..

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Uncharted 2 and The Last Guardian were the games that impressed me the most. The new Castlevania was quite an unexpected good surprise. The game looks good.
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

1. God of War III

2. Gran Turismo 5

3. Modern Warfare 2

4. Final Fantasy XIII

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Uncharted, MGS Peacewalker, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
GOW 3 and Uncharted 2 were the most impressive. I wanted more from Agent, all we really know about the game is the title.
kgb1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kgb1234

heavy rain the orgami killer when I saw the gameplay I thought that I was on nirvana

Also call of duty 2 moderwarfare look like a posible game of the year

Brutal Legend look really great if we put in blender zelda with tenacious d this would come out :p

dissapointed a bit by the agency it looks like good game but it doesnt surpass any limits

but mgs for the psp gave a massive bonner lol

goyolap

I have no idea how I forgot Heavy Rain! I am so pumped for that game yet omitted it from my list. E3 I guess can do that to you with an overload of awesome looking titles.

Any idea if it is really going to ship this year?

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

modern warfare 2 uncharted 2 and god of war 3