Which of these games would you recommend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LordTrexGuy (482 posts) -

Right now, I've a choice between these games and I wanted some advice as to which one I should get:

Uncharted 3
Dungeon Siege 3
Overlord 2

I have never played an Uncharted game before and I thought I could borrow UC1 and 2 and buy the third one and give the series a shot. Dungeon Siege 3 Limited Edition is quite cheap and I was considering getting it, since I'm into games like The Elder Scrolls, Dragon's Dogma and Diablo. Then there is Overlord 2 which I wanted to buy since I loved the first game and played it thrice, each difficulty, all three corruption levels. Now which one would you guys advise to buy?

#2 Posted by ikeelmages (21 posts) -
I would say if you can borrow the first two Uncharted games, save buying the third for later, in case they don't click with you. But I really liked them. I would buy one of the other two games you listed if you end up borrowing U1&2, that way you will most likely have one game you enjoy.
#3 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

It's really hard not to like the "Uncharted" series, but that said, you REALLY need them to be in order as you play. The games are about developing relationships with the NPCs in the game, so that the story has more impact. You won't be sorry you played them, I honestly don't know one person who's played them who doesn't appreciate what those games have accomplished in terms of smooth gameplay, incredible graphics, and a story (and characters) who you can really become invested in. One of the truly cinematic games without compromising action.

Those other two, nice as they may be, don't hold a candle to "Uncharted" as a series. But please, don't play them out of order.

:)

#4 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

Uncharted 3.

#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

Im probably the only one that will tell you that Uncharted 3 kinda sucks. I didnt like it. Only fun I had was online with friends.

Never played the other 2 but Dungeon Siege and Overlord 2 looked decent.

#6 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -

Buy Uncharted 2, 3 is a horrid game imo. I know it got good reviews and people seem to like it, but I highly advise against buying it.

Uncharted 2 has imo FAR superior locations, story and a better feeling of exploration, 3 just felt like 24/7 shooting to me.

Overlord I only played the demo of, and Dungeon Siege 3 aswell. So I can't really comment on those as full games. I'd say get Uncharted 2. Possibly start with 1 if you really think you will like the series. Uncharted 1 is a bit more monotonous though, gameplay and locationwise, compared to 2.

And avoid 3.

#7 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

I'd get the Uncharted double pack to play 1 and 2 first then move on to part 3.

#8 Posted by sukraj (23979 posts) -

Uncharted 3

#9 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

Uncharted 3, but play the first two, uh, first :cool:; not so much for the story continuity (since there is none) as it is about getting familiar with the characters.

#10 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9399 posts) -

You'll probably want to try the first two uncharteds first. The series isn't for everyone. It's a cinematic focused experience so if you like gameplay first and foremost, you'll very likely be let down. It's kind of a backseat driver experience. You go along for the ride.

#11 Posted by arsenal1111 (168 posts) -

Buy Uncharted 2, 3 is a horrid game imo.PetJel

Maybe your expectation of Uncharted 3 from Uncharted 2 was unrealistically high but to call 3 a horrid game is just downright silly. You silly person, you. And no, I don't care that it's "your opinion of the game". It's clearly an opinion of a fan whose expectations weren't met. And those are the worse kind of fans; and who tend to produce an over-the-top and exaggarated opinion of a game.

#12 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
I'd go with Uncharted 3, but I would not play it without playing the first two games.
#13 Posted by Sokol4ever (6337 posts) -

I would pick up the Dungeon Siege edition, it will give you lots of hours of good ARPG time, definitely borrow and play Uncharted series (in order, 1>3), they are fantastic adventure games every gamer should experience.

Overlord 2 is a decent title but I would play it last when it drops in price.

#14 Posted by Liquid_ (2995 posts) -

Heavy Rain

#15 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -
[QUOTE="PetJel"]

Buy Uncharted 2, 3 is a horrid game imo.arsenal1111

Maybe your expectation of Uncharted 3 from Uncharted 2 was unrealistically high but to call 3 a horrid game is just downright silly. You silly person, you. And no, I don't care that it's "your opinion of the game". It's clearly an opinion of a fan whose expectations weren't met. And those are the worse kind of fans; and who tend to produce an over-the-top and exaggarated opinion of a game.

Hahaha, no, not at all. I'm not a 'fan' of the series and I had no expectations of UC3. I bought UC1 and 2 used, years after their release. I did greatly enjoy UC2, but I got bored with UC3 within an hour and that persisted until the end, I had to force myself to finish playing it, hoping it would get 'fun' at some point.
#16 Posted by LordTrexGuy (482 posts) -

So the Uncharted series it is for me. Though I would like to ask, after I'm done with the series, which game should I trade UC3 for? Does the series have much replay value? Should I keep UC3 or trade it in for Overlord 2 or DS3?

#17 Posted by ReviewerDrake (805 posts) -

It's really hard not to like the "Uncharted" series, but that said, you REALLY need them to be in order as you play. The games are about developing relationships with the NPCs in the game, so that the story has more impact. You won't be sorry you played them, I honestly don't know one person who's played them who doesn't appreciate what those games have accomplished in terms of smooth gameplay, incredible graphics, and a story (and characters) who you can really become invested in. One of the truly cinematic games without compromising action.

Those other two, nice as they may be, don't hold a candle to "Uncharted" as a series. But please, don't play them out of order.

:)

MonkeySpot

God damn cool it with your signature man was it really necessary to call them $h1ts why are you raging so hard..... I'm getting a ton of OOPS! notifications these days but maybe it's a problem they are having trouble solving.

#18 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6566 posts) -

I played the demo for Dungeon siege 3 and it was pretty underwhelming. I played Overlord 1 and it was fairly enjoyable. However even though to me Uncharted is ridiculously overrated you should probably go with it.

#19 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Easy choice - Uncharted series. It's thrilling and full of spectacular action and wonderful storytelling.