Which MAG faction should I join?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Hi all. I've finally bought MAG online from Amazon after a lot of thinking of whether I would like it as it's been over a year I think since release. Anyway, which faction should I join, I am a complete noob at this game, but I know that this game needs full on teamwork, and it's not a one man show. So which faction would be 'noob friendly'? Thanks a lot.

IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IamBEASTMODE
Member since 2010 • 538 Posts

S.V.E.R is the faction that most new players tend to join, though you can join anyone of them and you'll be fine

good luck

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i was in raven cause they had the "hi tech" , you wont regret it :D

claytonjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 claytonjoseph
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

First I tried Valor, meh, it was alright.

Next I played Sver for awhile, meh, not much better.

Then I played Raven for a bit, meh, a little different but not a lot.

I went back to Valor, not sure why. The weapons or teamwork aren't better, Valor just seemed to compliment my play style.

I do recommend trying each faction for a bit, they aren't worlds apart, but there are definite subtle differences.

Good luckwith your choice & game on!

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Right now, it doesnt matter quite as much because they rotate all the faction maps. Originally, Raven, SVER, and Valor all defended specific maps. A lot of folks flocked to SVER because their maps were easier to defend, especially in Domination mode. Raven used to be good in Acquisition, and Valor had the best Sabotage reputation. Like I said, that is all history now because they rotate the maps. Valor and Raven could find themselves defending what used to be SVER maps, and so on. I like the feel of Valor myself...a little more like traditional military shooters. SVER still does very well and overall seems to have the better teamwork. Raven is just awful to me. I have never liked them and always seem to get destroyed when I play them.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

i was in raven cause they had the "hi tech" , you wont regret it :D

AmnesiaHaze
Same here, I'm a sucker for hi-tech stuff. But honestly, it doesn't really matter much which faction you choose, but from what I've read (only just recently got the game, so I'm sorry if anything is untrue) , S.V.E.R favors powerful weaponry while Raven is more about precision based weaponry, Valor seems to be in between and it also seems to be the least favorite of the three factions (in every server I visit, Valor has the least amount of players in it compared to the other factions).
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

Raven, we realy need more people,

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 H_M_1

Raven, we realy need more people,

jsh020
I'm guessing your faction has COD players lol. I'm up for teamwork, and MAG is a game which impresses me a lot.
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

SVER. SVER always wins.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
everyone joins SVER....but i would go with the faction that is closest to where you actually live...like Valor is America.....Raven is Europe...and SVER is Asia
Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

Valor if you want to have close games because only you can pull your team a victory. (Loses more often than wins)

Raven has many great players and I am sure you would get a lot of experience from playing with them because they always win. (Wins more often than loses)

S.V.E.R. has the most players I think that range from terrible to terrific. I am on S.V.E.R. and this faction's win/loss ratio seems about 1:1. (wins and loses about equal)

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 H_M_1
One other thing. How many people still play MAG? I read that the numbers are pretty low.