Which is more over-exaggerated - Dark/Demon's Souls difficulty or Skyrim lag?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JokerCB7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JokerCB7
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
It's almost to the point of annoying how many people are complaining in different threads about the same thing ... these 2 things the most, in my opinion. Anyone else agree?
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
def the difficulty of the souls games
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Dark/Demon's Souls difficulty. The framerate drop in Skyrim has every right to complained about because it's absolutely atrocious.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#4 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Skyrim lag. Played +100 hour and it froze on me twice. Framerate stuttered maybe once. Uncharted 3 froze on me the same amount of times in its 10 hour campaign.

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

The difficulty of those two games. Magic and pyromancy make it very easy.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
I keep on seeing discussions about Skyrim lag a lot.
AzinAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AzinAshe
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts
The difficultly...Skyrim doesn't really lack that much
evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

My girlfriend plays Skyrim a lot. In marathons on the weekends. I guess she has upwards of 80 hours in the game as of now.

I have never seen her playing with any serious framerate issues, and she has told me that it froze the console twice. I hear a lot of complaing, but seriously, I just haven't seen it.

I got the platinum trophey in Demon's Souls. The only other plat I have is Sonic's Ultimate Genisis Collection. Take that how you will.

iBuSHiDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iBuSHiDo
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

The Souls games are not THAT hard. You just have to have a lot of patience and be willing to die a whole lot while you figure out how to get past certrain areas and defeat certain bosses. With patience the game is just amazingly epic and lots of fun.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

Skyrim lag seems exaggerated until you experience it, then you understand the complaining.

Avatar image for Alyssa-Zaidelle
Alyssa-Zaidelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Alyssa-Zaidelle
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

The Souls games are not THAT hard. You just have to have a lot of patience and be willing to die a whole lot while you figure out how to get past certrain areas and defeat certain bosses. With patience the game is just amazingly epic and lots of fun.

iBuSHiDo
I agree with this guy. Now a real hard game is Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360. A.I randomly breaking out of stuns and grabbing you isn't my idea of fun.
chriswolves1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 chriswolves1
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts

Played Skyrim for 45 hours now, froze once, and haven't experienced any lag issues yet, well, a minor one if you can call it lag. There is one spot in the town of whiterun where when I'm running through the town, it skips a beat always in the same place.

AzinAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AzinAshe
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts

Played Skyrim for 45 hours now, froze once, and haven't experienced any lag issues yet, well, a minor one if you can call it lag. There is one spot in the town of whiterun where when I'm running through the town, it skips a beat always in the same place.

chriswolves1
For me a massive dragon is lying dead in the middle of the town LOL
Maluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maluk
Member since 2004 • 175 Posts

Where the option for the framerate drops in Dark Souls? Haha. All kidding aside though the difficulty of the Souls games. All you gotta do is get a good weapon and the games are pretty much cake.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

I'd say Skyrim lag, simply because the game is more popular than both Souls games combined. Skyrim lagged for me here and there, and froze on me several times, but it certainly wasn't the end of days like many threads made it out to be.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

Skyrim lag. Played +100 hour and it froze on me twice. Framerate stuttered maybe once. Uncharted 3 froze on me the same amount of times in its 10 hour campaign.

brickdoctor

Uh yea, sounds like you takepoor care of your PS3. Uncharted 3 never froze on me once, I could understand Skyrim or one of the Fallout games, as there were rampant problems with both franchises on consoles, but Uncharted franchise plays like butter.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Headpopper333

I'd say Skyrim lag, simply because the game is more popular than both Souls games combined. Skyrim lagged for me here and there, and froze on me several times, but it certainly wasn't the end of days like many threads made it out to be.

KamuiFei

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls trounce any RPG made this entire gen in Gameplay and Atmospere and anyone that was able to actually play through both without looking up a youtube vid every boss battle can validate this claim. I can't even play Skyrim because I played Dark Souls first, tried to get into it and it truly is mediocre. Great world, crap gameplay.

The_X_Factor_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 The_X_Factor_9
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

I've put in a good 150 hours into Skyrim. I will admit there are bugs, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Probably 3-4 freezes. And maybe 3 experiences of noticeably (bad) lag. The game itself doesn't run at a smooth rate, but it's not gamebreaking. I turned off autosaves. Overall the game runs well. I don't regret getting this version over the 360 version. Something about that controller and holding it for LONG stretches of time...

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
The Skyrim lag. I rarely encountered it and I have a 12mb file. Just platinumed it. Herms and lems attempted to make it into a bigger issue than it is.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

Headpopper333

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls trounce any RPG made this entire gen in Gameplay and Atmospere and anyone that was able to actually play through both without looking up a youtube vid every boss battle can validate this claim. I can't even play Skyrim because I played Dark Souls first, tried to get into it and it truly is mediocre. Great world, crap gameplay.

And thats your opinion, which is fine. But its still remains that Skyrim is more popular than both Souls games. I have no idea why you started talking about subjective things like better gameplay and atomsphere. Skyrim is hardly mediocre, it probably just wasn't your cup of tea.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
The Skyrim lag is the worst I have ever experienced in a game. It made Fallout New Vegas seem as smooth a creamery butter by comparison.
ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

actually non... dark/ demon's if you dont get the concept of game then it'll be difficult despite u'r experience and same with the lag in skyrim... i happens to most like me where it was unplayable due to lag every sec or minutes and freezing after couple of updates....

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Skyrim lag. Though, Demon's Souls wasn't overly hard if you played it right. For some reason I find Dark Souls to be incredibly difficult. I went to go kill the giant wolf and as soon as the battle started he jumped at me, swung his sword twice, and I was dead. Even while doing it right and actually blocking I still can't kill it. I've been level grinding for the past 4 hours but that also isn't really helping much. I think I'm just bad at it, so maybe it's not that difficult I may just not be very good at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d10fd97c5249
deactivated-5d10fd97c5249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 deactivated-5d10fd97c5249
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts
Neither is exaggerated. They're both absolutely legitimate issues. Demon Souls is hard, and Skyrim has lag (I didn't say it feezes, I said LAG). So the answer is neither is exagerated.
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

DS games are pretty difficult we cant deny that, but i think the skyirm lag is still abit more exagerated than it should be. still there is lag and i saw it at my friends house, which is why i didnt buy the game lol

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Headpopper333

Skyrim lag. Though, Demon's Souls wasn't overly hard if you played it right. For some reason I find Dark Souls to be incredibly difficult. I went to go kill the giant wolf and as soon as the battle started he jumped at me, swung his sword twice, and I was dead. Even while doing it right and actually blocking I still can't kill it. I've been level grinding for the past 4 hours but that also isn't really helping much. I think I'm just bad at it, so maybe it's not that difficult I may just not be very good at it.

blueboxdoctor

Sif is incredibly challenging, but there are definitely harder bosses not too much further ahead like Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough, also The Four Kings were pretty tough. With Sif, you have to learn his attack patterns which at first seem impossible because he can one shot you fairly easily. He took me around thirty attempts or more to defeat him but you just have to perservere and keep trying until you learn. Try running immediately to the middle of the map, as there is a large stone statue you can use to keep him somewhat separated from you. Watch his attacks while circling around and try to learn where and when to counter. You need to roll a lot and block, all of his attacks can be blocked aside from the double swing. Try rolling more than anything else though and countering whenever you can, also try using a battle axe upgraded to at least +3 and swing two handed.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Demon's Souls difficulty. People these days just don't think learning is part of video games, and rejects it. Skyrim, on the other hand, has some serious bugs. They may not be present for every person, but that doesn't make it any less true.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

Headpopper333

Sif is incredibly challenging, but there are definitely harder bosses not too much further ahead like Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough, also The Four Kings were pretty tough. With Sif, you have to learn his attack patterns which at first seem impossible because he can one shot you fairly easily. He took me around thirty attempts or more to defeat him but you just have to perservere and keep trying until you learn. Try running immediately to the middle of the map, as there is a large stone statue you can use to keep him somewhat separated from you. Watch his attacks while circling around and try to learn where and when to counter. You need to roll a lot and block, all of his attacks can be blocked aside from the double swing. Try rolling more than anything else though and countering whenever you can, also try using a battle axe upgraded to at least +3 and swing two handed.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely try it out after I level up a battle axe.

I think the main issue I'm having with the game is not knowing where to go due to the open world stucture with some areas being harder than others. It's not a bad thing, I just have to get used to it again after taking a break from it.

Also, are there any bonfires close to Sif so I don't have to do a lot of back tracking each time I die just to get to the fight?

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

i havent noticed any issues on Skyrim on PS3...froze twice but nothing tooo big.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Headpopper333

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

blueboxdoctor

I think the main issue I'm having with the game is not knowing where to go due to the open world stucture with some areas being harder than others. It's not a bad thing, I just have to get used to it again after taking a break from it.

Also, are there any bonfires close to Sif so I don't have to do a lot of back tracking each time I die just to get to the fight?

Not really, there's one in Darkroot Basin that leads to Valley of the Drakes, I think that's the closest. Make sure you have as many estus flasks as possible so kindle any bonfire you can. It is a bit of a stretch every time you lose to have to travel all that way, it's adding insult to injury. I believe the game is twice as hard as Demon's Souls based on the fact that one has no idea where to go and it can be a bit frustrating.

DyranLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 DyranLK
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

It made Fallout New Vegas seem as smooth a creamery butter by comparison. megagene

Damn, that must be...pretty serious, then. D:

Then again, I still have yet to buy Skyrim, so I can really have no official say in the matter, as of yet...

But one day..:-P

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

Headpopper333

Not really, there's one in Darkroot Basin that leads to Valley of the Drakes, I think that's the closest. Make sure you have as many estus flasks as possible so kindle any bonfire you can. It is a bit of a stretch every time you lose to have to travel all that way, it's adding insult to injury. I believe the game is twice as hard as Demon's Souls based on the fact that one has no idea where to go and it can be a bit frustrating.

Oh true, forgot about that bonfire. I think it's definitely a lot harder than Demon's Souls. It also seems a lot harder to play with others or be summoned since there are really no type of summon areas like in Dark Souls, or at when I tried summoning people for another boss battle it took forever to even get a summon sign to appear and then a few times there were dropped connections. I don't see where the online component is so revolutionary, it's really only used for people who are higher level to come in and disrupt a lower level person's game. Actually getting the ability to have humanity also is quite hard to get, unlike Demon's Souls which had nicely hidden stones to turn human (or whatever they called it in that game).

Also forgot to mention before when talking about the Skyrim lag, Dark Souls has incredible lag/slowdown at times that everyone seems to ignore for some reason.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
Never played the PS3 version of Skyrim and that's supposed to have the real lag problem. So I can't speak for that, but the Dark Souls difficulty complaints are overblown completely.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
i dont complain about a game being too difficult. I will complain about a lazy developer who can not properly design a video game.
BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts

My girlfriend plays Skyrim a lot. In marathons on the weekends. I guess she has upwards of 80 hours in the game as of now

evilross
Your gf sounds AWESOME! Hang onto that one. lol