Where's the American love?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BIGBUZZ55
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts
Ok Sony, I'm a little disappoited. Not to hate on our Asian or British friends, but what's with the shunning of the US here? We've yet to have our camera peripheral released, and now the British get to use their psp as a mobile phone? What gives? Anyone else feelin' me here?
dangerflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dangerflash
Member since 2004 • 1889 Posts

no.  i have a camera phone.

MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 MarkedByAshes
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts
I think I'm the only PSP owner that doesn't give a rat's ass about the peripherals. I just want to play my games. Idon't put videos or pictures on my memory card, don't use it as an MP3 player, and I'm not looking to take pictures with it either. I just want to play games...
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
I use it for MP3s and games, but thats it.  No reason to buy a camera, gps, etc etc IMO.  I guess if I did a lot of traveling the GPS would come in handy, but its pretty much mostly for games for me.
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
I listen to music sometimes on my psp, and I put pics on it so I can have them as backgrounds, but I bought my psp so I can play games on it.
Avatar image for Xx_King_Beef_xX
Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xx_King_Beef_xX
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

I think I'm the only PSP owner that doesn't give a rat's ass about the peripherals. I just want to play my games. Idon't put videos or pictures on my memory card, don't use it as an MP3 player, and I'm not looking to take pictures with it either. I just want to play games...MarkedByAshes

Nah... I'm right there with you man.

I have other devices that do all that other stuff. I don't give a crap about any of the extra features. I'm happy just using my PSP solely for gaming.

I've got my 1GB memory stick and chances are that it's going to be a long, long time (if ever) before I need more space than that because all I use it for is to save my game data.

MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarkedByAshes

I've got my 1GB memory stick and chances are that it's going to be a long, long time (if ever) before I need more space than that because all I use it for is to save my game data.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

And the congregation shouts...AMEN! (I got a 1GB as well, and the largest thing I've put on mine so far is a couple of extra tracks for WipeOut Pure and the extra levels for Exit)

Revinh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Revinh
Member since 2005 • 1957 Posts

Ok Sony, I'm a little disappoited. Not to hate on our Asian or British friends, but what's with the shunning of the US here? We've yet to have our camera peripheral released, and now the British get to use their psp as a mobile phone? What gives? Anyone else feelin' me here?BIGBUZZ55

Yeah, I want the camera, too. But I'm broke now waiting for it..

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
eh everyone gets screwed over, hell folks over in uk(maybe all of euorpe idk) are just getting MGSPO shipped to them, one of the best games on psp.
gamr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamr92
Member since 2006 • 1173 Posts

I think I'm the only PSP owner that doesn't give a rat's ass about the peripherals. I just want to play my games. Idon't put videos or pictures on my memory card, don't use it as an MP3 player, and I'm not looking to take pictures with it either. I just want to play games...MarkedByAshes

Me too. But, I don't have a PSP...yet. But I won't be using it for anything but game saves and extra game content. As for the videos, music, and pictures, I have my 30GB Zune for that.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xx_King_Beef_xX
[QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"]

MarkedByAshes

And the congregation shouts...AMEN! (I got a 1GB as well, and the largest thing I've put on mine so far is a couple of extra tracks for WipeOut Pure and the extra levels for Exit)

I know that you at least have Medal of Honor and you are obviously in my age group (I'm going to be 30 in August), so I'd like to team up with you and play some games online.

I have basically all the great online games, but the only ones I would even try to play are Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, SOCOM 1 and SOCOM 2.

I also have MGS: PO, but I think that it would suck online just because I don't like the campaign that much.

Just let me know.

BrokenStr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrokenStr8
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts

I use my PSP for all its functions...ordered it along with a 1GB card...I use it as a MP3 as much if not more than playing games..got over 100 songs on it now,its a good player...got some pics on it..of my baby nephew and lindsey lohan etc., I use it to surf the web moderately with wi-fi at home....could do that at the libary or at jury duty...I also have movies ,adult ones...and I use to have napoleon dynamite on it which took up over 200mb..trying to dl shrek the third on it now....very cool. I dont think I would of gotten the PSP if the only function is for games. And wow ..the phone is intriguing....but as far as the camera goes...the pictures arent gonna look that good..dont care about it,I have a digital camera

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xx_King_Beef_xX

got some pics on it..of my baby nephew and lindsey lohan etc.BrokenStr8
This especially disturbs me...

Lindsay Lohan is an ugly nasty whore.... Why would you want to jerk the chicken to her pictures??

Not only is she pale as hell, but she's ugly as **** with a nasty ass rotten snatch.

But yeah.... As for your baby nephew.... Does that mean that you have impure thoughts about him??

Ever seen The Hand That Rocks The Cradle???

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xx_King_Beef_xX

By the way... I'm just being a turd. :P

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Abgoj
[QUOTE="MarkedByAshes"][QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"]

Xx_King_Beef_xX

I know that you at least have Medal of Honor and you are obviously in my age group (I'm going to be 30 in August), so I'd like to team up with you and play some games online.

I have basically all the great online games, but the only ones I would even try to play are Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, SOCOM 1 and SOCOM 2.

I also have MGS: PO, but I think that it would suck online just because I don't like the campaign that much.

Just let me know.

Hey, could you help me get online on syphon filter, I made a thread

on it, but barely anyone posted in it, where do you create an account, thx. 

peter1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peter1191
Xx_King_Beef_xX , thank god you are kidding. Lohan is H-O-T
MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MarkedByAshes

Just let me know.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Just turned 30 myself...send me a message with your email and we'll organize something. I've got Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, and MGS: PO but I haven't been online with any other than MOH:Heroes...so be gentle.

BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BIGBUZZ55
i also wouldnt have gotten a psp if all it did was play games. especially since the games at launch were only decent. i think if your going to have something, might as well use it for all its worth. i have a camera too, but when going on vacation and taking my psp, id rather only have to bring one electronic. thats the main reason why ill buy the camera. as for the phone, it doesnt interest me just because its a phone, but due to the fact that its capable of video chat. i think thats awesome, because someone will eventually be able to rig up something like this via aimonpsp or something. i dont have a mac, so thatd be tight
Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xx_King_Beef_xX
[QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"]

Just let me know.

MarkedByAshes

Just turned 30 myself...send me a message with your email and we'll organize something. I've got Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, and MGS: PO but I haven't been online with any other than MOH:Heroes...so be gentle.

Well, the only game that I really play online right now is Medal of Honor too, so I don't think you have much to worry about.

I've played the others online a little bit (except for MGS: PO), but I kept getting my ass handed to me so I end up quitting and going back to MOH. 

Only reason why I haven't played much online, though, is because I just bought a router for my Road Runner about a month ago.

I'm easing into it though.

DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DevinB9
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Why not just import it?  Also, the software for it is free to download.
BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BIGBUZZ55
ive never imported anything before. where would i go to look into it?
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Abgoj
[QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"][QUOTE="MarkedByAshes"][QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"]

Abgoj

Just let me know.

Hey, could you help me get online on syphon filter, I made a thread

on it, but barely anyone posted in it, where do you create an account, thx. 

thanks guy's for helping me (sarcasm), in all seriousness though someone must play

syphon filter online and are able to help me, please i really want to play online and

I can't find anything that helps me on the net. 

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xx_King_Beef_xX
thanks guy's for helping me (sarcasm), in all seriousness though someone must play

syphon filter online and are able to help me, please i really want to play online and

Abgoj

Hmmm...... Maybe  I don't know what the problem is.

Let me see what's going on. I'll try and make a new account. I wasn't trying to be an asswipe, I just wasn't paying attention.

I'll get back to you in a few.

In the meantime, take some Midol.

saturndust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 saturndust
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts

I only want it to play mp3, games and in case of emergency checking my email... no more (no gps, no camera, nothing else) maybe if it could make me a sandwich i'd love it even more =D

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xx_King_Beef_xX
[QUOTE="Abgoj"]thanks guy's for helping me (sarcasm), in all seriousness though someone must play

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Hmmm...... Maybe  I don't know what the problem is.

Let me see what's going on. I'll try and make a new account. I wasn't trying to be an asswipe, I just wasn't paying attention.

Sorry, but I don't know what your problem is.

My only suggestion is Always.

I just hope that can eliminate that "not so fresh feeling".

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Abgoj
[QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"][QUOTE="Abgoj"]thanks guy's for helping me (sarcasm), in all seriousness though someone must play

syphon filter online and are able to help me, please i really want to play online and

I can't find anything that helps me on the net.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

Hmmm...... Maybe I don't know what the problem is.

Sorry, but I don't know what your problem is.

My only suggestion is Always.

I just hope that can eliminate that "not so fresh feeling".

lol, well thanks for at least trying to help, i'll bump the thread that i made about the problem, and you can take a look and see if you know what the problem is. 

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Abgoj
finally figured it out so never mind.
finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 finalfan789
Member since 2006 • 6514 Posts
well i bought my psp with a 4GB memory stick (hey, it was 70 bucks so that was a good deal and worth it) I use it for mp3's (alot of MP3's), i have every single psp demo....i have random short videos to show to my friends or when im bored (mostly comedy videos) and i have 1 movie and enough room left over for like 2 more movies.........i like having all the memory because i dont have alot of cash to spend so psp was perfect for me since i get all that functionality in one...but i dont need a phone, camera, or GPS on it...kinda useless.........
Revinh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Revinh
Member since 2005 • 1957 Posts
How does the British get to use their psp as a mobile phone!? I wanna turn my psp into one!
ChesterTheWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChesterTheWorm
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts

When it comes to the brits & sum european nations i think they deserve this new toy first becuz check it out everyone seems to overprice them not to mention their PS'3 are inferior to japanese & american PS'3s

Before anyone else rushes to import this it might need sum european firmware update & i think you might need an imported psp from there to use there firmware hmm? not sure on that:roll:just trying to help:D