Where are all the 120 GB PS3s?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

I went to my local Best Buy today to cash in my christmas gift cards for a 120 GB PS3 and all they had were these $450 bundles of a 250 GB PS3 and a controller and a game or something, I forget. Anyhoo... after scrounging for literally 30 minutes or more, I found *1* PS3 120 GB at the end of some obscure aisle, completely away from the video game section.

I also noticed afterwards that *all* the Wiis and 360s were bundles only, the only stand alone systems were a stack of about 12 Arcade 360s. What's the dilly yo? Sony isn't phasing out the 120 GB already for the 250 GB are they?

Got my PS3 and a copy of Dead Space. But man, what a pain.

Anyone else experience an absence of 120 Slims?

"It's okay to pr*ck your finger, but doooon't finger your pr*ck!" - RIP George Carlin

eyyurp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eyyurp123
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts
its because they are sold out everywhere due to it being holiday season. my bestbuy,target, walmart and gamestop were sold out. i ended up getting the last 120gb at radioshack a couple days ago
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

They may just be low on supply since that's probably the one everyone bought for Christmas.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

You gotta wait for the post-Christmas restocking.

ASLplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASLplease
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

It's sold out in all my local stores except Gamestop. The bundles at Best Buy aren't really bundles, there just rubber banded around with the console. You could just remove them and buy the console itself without the bundle lol.

TIGERLUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TIGERLUCK
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts
I saw a bunch at best buy few weeks ago.. I'm talking like wrapped around the big counter.. piles and piles of them I jus got a 120gb from a different best buy there was three out.. I would think they have more in the back.. and aren't those bundles optional?? the ones in the basket..? I would think you'd be able to get everything separately.. it's so stupid.. first thing the sales rep tried to sell me after I jus picked up the ps3 off the aisle was if I had HDMI cable..? Then they wanted to sell me the remote.. are people not aware of these things when they go in?
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

I went to my local Best Buy today to cash in my christmas gift cards for a 120 GB PS3 and all they had were these $450 bundles of a 250 GB PS3 and a controller and a game or something, I forget. Anyhoo... after scrounging for literally 30 minutes or more, I found *1* PS3 120 GB at the end of some obscure aisle, completely away from the video game section.

I also noticed afterwards that *all* the Wiis and 360s were bundles only, the only stand alone systems were a stack of about 12 Arcade 360s. What's the dilly yo? Sony isn't phasing out the 120 GB already for the 250 GB are they?

Got my PS3 and a copy of Dead Space. But man, what a pain.

Anyone else experience an absence of 120 Slims?

"It's okay to pr*ck your finger, but doooon't finger your pr*ck!" - RIP George Carlin

Boogernuts
It's probably a combination of things. A: Everyone's has low stock due to the sales for Christmas, and you should expect to see more on the shelves soon. B: Sony is trying to push the 250GB version so they can make more money on each system sold. It's possible that they could be shipping out less quantities of the 120GB to help this process. Anyway, I wouldn't expect them to phase out the 120GB version since they're very keen on having two skus at any given time. Maybe if they introduce another sku with a bigger HDD than the 250GB.
KINGCIZZLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KINGCIZZLE
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Yeah, I had trouble finding one too. There wasa guy at best buy trying to decide if he wanted to get a 120 or 250, so why he took his time I took the 120. SCORE!

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

Yeah, I had trouble finding one too. There wasa guy at best buy trying to decide if he wanted to get a 120 or 250, so why he took his time I took the 120. SCORE!

KINGCIZZLE
lol..haha
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
I got the 120GB in Christmas Eve at Gamestop, there was plenty in stock and I went around 4 PM, and that's here in Miami.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
it's so stupid.. first thing the sales rep tried to sell me after I jus picked up the ps3 off the aisle was if I had HDMI cable..? Then they wanted to sell me the remote.. are people not aware of these things when they go in?TIGERLUCK
He probably wanted to sell you a 70$ HDMI cable, the nerve of that guy...
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
That's the second time sold out for the 120GB then, cuz I went back to BestBuy they had lots of 120GB restock, BUT then all the 250GB were sold out at that point too.... Im not sure about this week tho cuz I haven't stopping by, this weekend I will.
rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

It's sold out in all my local stores except Gamestop. The bundles at Best Buy aren't really bundles, there just rubber banded around with the console. You could just remove them and buy the console itself without the bundle lol.

ASLplease
what he said. Just take the rubber band off and voila, just a PS3
rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
[QUOTE="TIGERLUCK"]it's so stupid.. first thing the sales rep tried to sell me after I jus picked up the ps3 off the aisle was if I had HDMI cable..? Then they wanted to sell me the remote.. are people not aware of these things when they go in?NotAFurry
He probably wanted to sell you a 70$ HDMI cable, the nerve of that guy...

when i ring people up for a ps3 it actually comes up on the screen telling me to ask them for an HDMI cable. I never do, it's sickening how much best buy rips people off with accessories. Employee price is something like 5 dollars for an 8 foot cable.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

i wanted to get a 120 gig but they ran out so i got a 250 gb