When will the time come...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for makavelithedon2
makavelithedon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 makavelithedon2
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts

So we all remember when San Andreas came out on PS2, arguably one of the best games of that generation, and it spent much time in everyones' consoles but when do you think the PS3 will see its 'san andreas' game (i don't literally mean san andreas, i mean a game of that calibre), or do you think its 'san andreas' game has already come out and if so what. I thought gran turismo 5 would be it, but couldn't help but feel it was just boring imo, and thought that uncharted 2's graphics were prasised more than it's mediocre gameplay.

Whybanme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Whybanme1
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts

So we all remember when San Andreas came out on PS2, arguably one of the best games of that generation, and it spent much time in everyones' consoles but when do you think the PS3 will see its 'san andreas' game (i don't literally mean san andreas, i mean a game of that calibre), or do you think its 'san andreas' game has already come out and if so what. I thought gran turismo 5 would be it, but couldn't help but feel it was just boring imo, and thought that uncharted 2's graphics were prasised more than it's mediocre gameplay.

makavelithedon2

A couple things here. I don't care much for the GTA series, however San Andreas was a genuinely good game. It was really the only one I could get into. Also, on a personal level, I don't think that GTA: SA was the best game of that gen, but a lot of people would probably disagree with me on that. Therefore, I can't say all that much regarding this thread. I can say though, that 2011 is going to be an excellent year for the PS3, so you might find your answer soon!

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

San Andreas was great for it's open world and driving from town to town. But it falls short when most missions in that game are just checkpoint races (which becomes more evident and repetitive once you reach the desert)

But otherwise, everything else was top notch for a PS2 game. A lot of me screams "Why wasn't any of this in GTA4?"

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

WHAT THE HELL DUDE? Uncharted 2 has mediocre gameplay? Well I dont know what you expect or have experienced before , but uncharted 2 has a lot of gameplay elements and is complemented by great visuals that glisten , its above last gen. However many games have been the same, but why would I want them to change? Sometimes graphics, presentation, and sound are all that makes a game improved. Play Black Ops online on a home theater or Uncharted 2's story , on a 40+ inch tv; THATS next gen. On the MEDAL OF HONOR DISC, I played the remake of front line,compared it to the new Medal of honor, and although the newer game is generally like any other FPS, just the graphics and sound alone makes it next gen. Not to mention how well online is inc operated into these games this gen

NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

Red.Dead.Redemption....

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

makavelithedon2
L.A. Noire anyone?
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Saints Row 2?

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

WHAT THE HELL DUDE? Uncharted 2 has mediocre gameplay? Well I dont know what you expect or have experienced before , but uncharted 2 has a lot of gameplay elements and is complemented by great visuals that glisten , its above last gen. However many games have been the same, but why would I want them to change? Sometimes graphics, presentation, and sound are all that makes a game improved. Play Black Ops online on a home theater or Uncharted 2's story , on a 40+ inch tv; THATS next gen. On the MEDAL OF HONOR DISC, I played the remake of front line,compared it to the new Medal of honor, and although the newer game is generally like any other FPS, just the graphics and sound alone makes it next gen. Not to mention how well online is inc operated into these games this gen

Bow-T_88
I take it your not very good at comprehending what people are saying? Anyway I smell Fanboy!
shads20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shads20
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts

im gonna have to say elder scrolls oblivion

loads of ppl spent literally hundreds of hours on this game including myself and i anticipate that the elder scrolls:skyrim will also be locked in ppls ps3's when it comes out

jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

im gonna have to say elder scrolls oblivion

loads of ppl spent literally hundreds of hours on this game including myself and i anticipate that the elder scrolls:skyrim will also be locked in ppls ps3's when it comes out

shads20
i couldnt fault this post!!!! complete replayability, spent at least 300 hours with the 2 expansion packs added never did get bored of that game
Avatar image for makavelithedon2
makavelithedon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 makavelithedon2
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts

Saints Row 2?

DrRockso87

like what the hell

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

well i cant reall agree with you. its a opinion youre voicing. gta:sa was a good game but it didnt stay in my ps2 long. hell, manhunt was in there longer and a much better game by rockstar imo. same with the other red dead. this gen rockstar has taken big steps back and yet is getting higher scores than ever. personally mgs4 was the game that stayed in my ps3 for a long time. same with skate2. but thats just cuz i grew up on the mgs series and love the different ways u could go thru missions. as for skate2, ive skated for over 20 yrs of my life and just found the game to be as fun and rewarding/punishing as real skating. its all personal preference really. the rpg kids have a totally different opinion than the fps herd. i like hack n slash and fighting games, but i wouldnt say gow3 or ssf4 are games that are iconic and going to be "stuck" in my system. to each his own i guess. i get what youre saying though. "that game" hasnt arrived for me yet either this gen.