when do you think ps4's will be available again?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Celtic_34 (1433 posts) -

I've made my decision and you can all rejoice now. I am going with the ps4, but I didn't preorder it because I'm still having fun with the ps3 and 360... Went to a few stores today. Noone has them and it seems like it's going to be a while.

#2 Edited by Flubbbs (3588 posts) -

who knows.. best thing to do is call your local walmart/bestbuy or wherever daily and ask them if any is available

#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2998 posts) -

Have you looked into buying off craigs list or kijji classifieds?

There is a lot of console for sale that are brand new. Lowest price I seen was $550 all the way up to $1000.

#4 Posted by Celtic_34 (1433 posts) -

this is one thing i should have preordered but hard to tell. now that both have had their launches or close to it it's clear to me which console i want. Most stuff is not worth preordering but the ps4 was. Ah well.

#5 Posted by Celtic_34 (1433 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

Have you looked into buying off craigs list or kijji classifieds?

There is a lot of console for sale that are brand new. Lowest price I seen was $550 all the way up to $1000.

i'm going to get it from a retail store. I want the bundle with 2 controllers and a game. plus nba 2k14. by the time i get it drive club and watchdogs will probably be out.

#6 Posted by MarcRecon (6250 posts) -

@Celtic_34 said:

I've made my decision and you can all rejoice now. I am going with the ps4, but I didn't preorder it because I'm still having fun with the ps3 and 360... Went to a few stores today. Noone has them and it seems like it's going to be a while.

lol...why should we REJOICE? You where the one missing out on all the fun.

#7 Posted by dalger21 (1266 posts) -

Don't look on Amazon. People are selling them for crazy prices. Read an article earlier today, actually right here that says PS4's will be in plenty supply this holiday season. So, you probably should expect a replenishment after Black Friday...or maybe on Black Friday.

#8 Edited by Flubbbs (3588 posts) -

there was some available on Kmart.com today for a whole 2 minutes lol.. keep an eye on nowinstock.net

#9 Edited by calducce (11 posts) -

According to Sony (not sure which article I read. It might have been Game Informer), there should be plenty of PS4's available throughout the holidays. I hope that's true. I have a lot of friends that missed out on the pre-orders that are now jealous after having played mine :)

#10 Edited by st_anger10 (48 posts) -

I honestly don't think its gonna be the PS3 all over again if i were to guess but maybe it will be hard.We will see.I just went to Shoppers Drug Mart in the morning and walked in and picked one up on launch,no waiting until midnight or pre-order.

#11 Edited by Mr_Ditters (1908 posts) -

Go to the official Amazon sale--not the private sales. Sign up to be notified when it becomes available. When it becomes available, buy it quick. That's what I did. I bought mine on midnight Nov 15, got it Monday.

There is no hurry. There aren't any games that are good enough to rush out and freak out about buying it right away. Killzone SF was pretty disappointing imo.

#12 Posted by OldDadGamer (16 posts) -

Is anyone having any luck finding one retail? Of course, all the online sites say "check your local store," but I'm too lazy to go door-to-door here if it isn't worth it to try.

#13 Posted by naruske101 (1040 posts) -

Best Buy and futurshop had a few in stock yesterday in Canada I was able to order one, I guess I got lucky

#14 Posted by BH14 (1770 posts) -

I went and called like 6 places and they were all out. Ps4 being available? It is a myth. It may have been available for one day at some stores but they quickly sold out by the next day. I doubt they will be available by Black Friday. I am guessing they would be available by Xmas.

#15 Posted by OldDadGamer (16 posts) -

Xmas I'll take. I have a feeling (hope?) that Sony's holding back a bunch of 'em until after the Euro release. After they see how that goes, they'll figure out how to get one to everyone who might want one under the tree. :)

#16 Edited by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

Good choice. The PS4 is built for gamers and X1 is built for entertainment at a bit of a sacrifice to games. PS4 built for gamers 1st and foremost.

You wont see a PS4 to buy until after Xmas. Sorry, but it's just the best darn machine for playing games bar none! Sony really built this thing to one thing and to do that one thing extremely well "PLAY GAMES"!

#17 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74421 posts) -

i would ask a store to reserve one for you, it might take a few weeks

#18 Edited by OldDadGamer (16 posts) -

Oh I have. Just hope it's weeks and not months.