Whats your opinion on the Playstation 3 Store?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikgraniela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mikgraniela
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts

Personally... I'm disappointed.. Most of the downloads are for the PSP..

Whats your opinion?

CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CRUNK3050
Member since 2006 • 2449 Posts
It will pick up. But right now I agree it sucks.
Ontario21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ontario21
Member since 2004 • 374 Posts
Yeah it is to new you have to give it a year to get going. Right now it blows. I am hoping it will pickup with the European launch.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
im not complaining because its free, but i wouldlike more and more is coming as soon as they get past euro launch! I cant wait till i can play these ps1 games on hte ps3
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
I have been very patient and it is getting alittle ridicolus(sp) The Wii store is packed full of demos and older classics to download and was lauched at the same time.  I love the setup of the ps store and I thought it was great what they offered, but I am really looking foward to weekly releases if they ever do that.  Like every monday wii and X-box get a bunch of classics to download and demos,  Weekly, that is awesome.

I really hope the ps store can soon become better, its been a good while of waiting.  I really hope they can do that weekly like the other consoles.  And as for free, I think the wii is free and it was not out choice for it to be free, I think alot of people would rather pay for a bigger store with more items.  And its not like alot will be for free when we pay to download arcade ports or older games.
Big_Boss9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Big_Boss9293
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
yea they should update it weekly
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Imallvol7
I have been very patient and it is getting alittle ridicolus(sp) The Wii store is packed full of demos and older classics to download and was lauched at the same time. I love the setup of the ps store and I thought it was great what they offered, but I am really looking foward to weekly releases if they ever do that. Like every monday wii and X-box get a bunch of classics to download and demos, Weekly, that is awesome.

I really hope the ps store can soon become better, its been a good while of waiting. I really hope they can do that weekly like the other consoles. And as for free, I think the wii is free and it was not out choice for it to be free, I think alot of people would rather pay for a bigger store with more items. And its not like alot will be for free when we pay to download arcade ports or older games.
TJSAGE
your saying wii's is better??? lol. You can download old ps1 games on ps3 and you can download new games and even demos and stuff. Wii's is no where close (we have one at our house).
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
I wish they had

Whats your opinion?

mikgraniela
I wish they had a different section for the PSP, so it would not clutter the PS3 area.
M_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 M_Fresh
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts
Sucks for the moment... It will get better...
striker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 striker2k3
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts

Whats your opinion?

mikgraniela
well lets just say it could of been better.
bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
it is not very impressive as of yet, but the old demos are fun. But remember the PS Store is brand new. It will only get better over time. Since PSM is now canceled the PS Store will have to be our main source for demos and im sure it will be.
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
Microsoft has a few years under their belt for a planned online set up. This is kind of Sonys first. Their last online "network" wasnt very oriented in any party, whether it being first, third, or main stream. Give Sony a year or two and we'll get things running. Just remember they threw a lot of money into making these systems and arent making it all back. Also, Sony isnt a multi-billion dollar corporation like MS so they have to support their own servers, and for free of charge. Not an easy manuever by any means
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts
I would be much more happy if they had more demos on their for dl. Seriously, it's pretty sparse, and pretty slow. But, that's not teh worse of it, it's the lack of content that sorely stands out. Just that, and they need a smoother interface (granted, I'm satisfied with the PS3's current online interface, which gets teh job done.)
striker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 striker2k3
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts
Microsoft has a few years under their belt for a planned online set up. This is kind of Sonys first. Their last online "network" wasnt very oriented in any party, whether it being first, third, or main stream. Give Sony a year or two and we'll get things running. Just remember they threw a lot of money into making these systems and arent making it all back. Also, Sony isnt a multi-billion dollar corporation like MS so they have to support their own servers, and for free of charge. Not an easy manuever by any meansblitzinger123
your absolutly right.
theshadow1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 theshadow1212
Member since 2004 • 490 Posts
While i didnt expect excellence at launch i expected but than the sad excuse that is currently playstation store.  I know it isnt fair to compare to xbox live but it is impossible not to. 

Comon Sony prove that you are still in the running
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts

[QUOTE="TJSAGE"]I have been very patient and it is getting alittle ridicolus(sp) The Wii store is packed full of demos and older classics to download and was lauched at the same time. I love the setup of the ps store and I thought it was great what they offered, but I am really looking foward to weekly releases if they ever do that. Like every monday wii and X-box get a bunch of classics to download and demos, Weekly, that is awesome.

I really hope the ps store can soon become better, its been a good while of waiting. I really hope they can do that weekly like the other consoles. And as for free, I think the wii is free and it was not out choice for it to be free, I think alot of people would rather pay for a bigger store with more items. And its not like alot will be for free when we pay to download arcade ports or older games.
Imallvol7
your saying wii's is better??? lol. You can download old ps1 games on ps3 and you can download new games and even demos and stuff. Wii's is no where close (we have one at our house).

You can;t play the ps1 games on your ps3. You have a very bad opinion friend. Sorry.

NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts
want SOME DEMOS AHHHH
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
i wish it were more streamlined, and I wish they would do some advertising in it. A little bit of Money towards the Free servers when we download our free demos is something I wouldn't mind. Also, I'm hoping March drops a bombshell of new content. Heres to the PAL launch coming from a North American!
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Imallvol7

[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="TJSAGE"]I have been very patient and it is getting alittle ridicolus(sp) The Wii store is packed full of demos and older classics to download and was lauched at the same time. I love the setup of the ps store and I thought it was great what they offered, but I am really looking foward to weekly releases if they ever do that. Like every monday wii and X-box get a bunch of classics to download and demos, Weekly, that is awesome.

GameCrazed85

You can;t play the ps1 games on your ps3. You have a very bad opinion friend. Sorry.

i've never heard you say one good thing about ps3. I know you have one, but that doesnt matter one bit. What gives? Are you going to say WIi online is better that PSN???  And ps1 games will be playable on ps3 in march with the update. 
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I'm not going to complain about it since it's free, yeah it's far behind XBL, but it's still pretty early, I'm sure it should start picking up soon, but it definetly goes with the saying "You get what you pay for".
aholtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aholtz
Member since 2004 • 676 Posts
[QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="TJSAGE"]I have been very patient and it is getting alittle ridicolus(sp) The Wii store is packed full of demos and older classics to download and was lauched at the same time. I love the setup of the ps store and I thought it was great what they offered, but I am really looking foward to weekly releases if they ever do that. Like every monday wii and X-box get a bunch of classics to download and demos, Weekly, that is awesome.

Imallvol7

i've never heard you say one good thing about ps3. I know you have one, but that doesnt matter one bit. What gives? Are you going to say WIi online is better that PSN???

The ability to download old school games the Wii has the PS3 beat hands down.  The Ps3 does have GT HD so thats a plus.  But the PS3 has the same old demos for awhile.  Once Tekken 5 (or whatever its called) is available for download in the U.S. It may sway my opinion.  But right now for online store services 360>Wii>PS3.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

aholtz

i've never heard you say one good thing about ps3. I know you have one, but that doesnt matter one bit. What gives? Are you going to say WIi online is better that PSN???

The ability to download old school games the Wii has the PS3 beat hands down. The Ps3 does have GT HD so thats a plus. But the PS3 has the same old demos for awhile. Once Tekken 5 (or whatever its called) is available for download in the U.S. It may sway my opinion. But right now for online store services 360>Wii>PS3.

Um, ok. Wow. So old games you probably already own > downloadable trailors, games, and demos? We even get flow and calling all cars soon. Whatever you like i guess.
riggosert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 riggosert
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts
background downloading, ps1 games on ps3. flow, Calling all cars being being able to skip the description and ps store cards available in stores are all important changes that should be made.
aholtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aholtz
Member since 2004 • 676 Posts
[QUOTE="aholtz"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

Imallvol7

The ability to download old school games the Wii has the PS3 beat hands down. The Ps3 does have GT HD so thats a plus. But the PS3 has the same old demos for awhile. Once Tekken 5 (or whatever its called) is available for download in the U.S. It may sway my opinion. But right now for online store services 360>Wii>PS3.

Um, ok. Wow. So old games you probably already own > downloadable trailors, games, and demos? We even get flow and calling all cars soon. Whatever you like i guess.

So then whats new that PSN is offering that the others dont?  Right now its sucks. Just deal with it.  No VF5 demo No GRAW2 demo. No new game trailers.  Same stuff for awhile.  As everyone says good thing its free.  Sure Wii  may offer games I might still have but atleast it offers something new every week as does 360.  Where's the weekly new content on PSN.  Hell Sony owns its own movie studio and they dont offer movies.  Great planning on their part.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="aholtz"][QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

aholtz

So then whats new that PSN is offering that the others dont? Right now its sucks. Just deal with it. No VF5 demo No GRAW2 demo. No new game trailers. Same stuff for awhile. As everyone says good thing its free. Sure Wii may offer games I might still have but atleast it offers something new every week as does 360. Where's the weekly new content on PSN. Hell Sony owns its own movie studio and they dont offer movies. Great planning on their part.

whats with me being attacked on this. I thought this was common knowledge. We have a wii at my house so i know what it does. I never said anything about it being better than 360. We are talking about wii vs. psn. This is rediculous.
nedmurdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nedmurdock
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
So can you guys clear this up for me? Coz I live in Australia, hence no PS3 yet, can PS One games be downloaded onto and play on the PS3 or can they only be played when put onto a PSP?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Imallvol7
So can you guys clear this up for me? Coz I live in Australia, hence no PS3 yet, can PS One games be downloaded onto and play on the PS3 or can they only be played when put onto a PSP?nedmurdock
they announced that the ps3 will play the ps1 downloads in the future, and most say that is with the big update in march when you get your ps3 (it will also have baackground downloading and stuff)
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
The PS3 Store is just like the PS3 section in any retail store like Best Buy. Its small, weak, dissappointing, and lacks product. Its flat out crap right now.  
lokash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lokash
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

The PS3 Store is just like the PS3 section in any retail store like Best Buy. Its small, weak, dissappointing, and lacks product. Its flat out crap right now.  NavigatorsGhost

I find it funny that everyone slams Sony on the launch but it seems like no one remembers what the 360 launch was like.  Give it some time, it will get better.