What's up with mlb 08 the show?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts

How come i dont see kosuke fukudome on the cubs.......you know the right fielder they got from japan....

when i started the game Mark DeRosa was at right field and fukudome wasn't even on the roster....

i was just wondering if it was like this for everyone else or if it was just my game...

ps. i did go online and update the roster, but it never added fukudome....

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
Well, he was signed in December of last year, so it's most likely because he wasn't with them when the game was near finished. The updated rosters I think just switch players around and such that are already there.
bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bluewrxman

Well, he was signed in December of last year, so it's most likely because he wasn't with them when the game was near finished. The updated rosters I think just switch players around and such that are already there.
MyzeDivine

cause when i updated the roster it added some people to the cubs....i cant remember there names, but im angry that there is no fukudome

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
hey is the game good i might get it
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

im angry that there is no fukudomebluewrxman

I think you just like typing his name.

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bluewrxman

[QUOTE="bluewrxman"]im angry that there is no fukudomeseptemberluc

I think you just like typing his name.

its even cooler to say....

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Hopefully Fukudome will be added next week when the updated rosters are released. So, try next Monday.
bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bluewrxman

hey is the game good i might get itNuKkU

its very good, i like it much more the 2k8

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bluewrxman

Hopefully Fukudome will be added next week when the updated rosters are released. So, try next Monday.shaunchgo

oh okay thanks i'll check then...

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Maybe sony did not have permission to put him in the game; maybe it has something to do with him being japanese and he has a weird contract or something. It is probably the same issue that kept Barry Bonds out of recent games. I'm not sure about the last few years because I haven't played a baseball game in a few years but if I recall when EA was making MVP Baseball games Bonds was not in those.

Regradless; this game is really fun; probably the best baseball game I've ever played.

rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts

Maybe sony did not have permission to put him in the game; maybe it has something to do with him being japanese and he has a weird contract or something. It is probably the same issue that kept Barry Bonds out of recent games. I'm not sure about the last few years because I haven't played a baseball game in a few years but if I recall when EA was making MVP Baseball games Bonds was not in those.

Regradless; this game is really fun; probably the best baseball game I've ever played.

roboccs

Fukudome is not yet an official member of the MLBPA players union, which is why he isn't in the game, yet. Last I heard, his paperwork with MLBPA is supposed to be finalized by April 19. So as soon as he is in the union, he will be in the game. Barry Bonds was not a member of the MLBPA, he opted out of it after the 1994 strike, which is why he was never in games, so you are right, it is the same reason Fukudome is not in the game. Same thing with Kevin Millar

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
[QUOTE="roboccs"]

rbrown3

Fukudome is not yet an official member of the MLBPA players union, which is why he isn't in the game, yet. Last I heard, his paperwork with MLBPA is supposed to be finalized by April 19. So as soon as he is in the union, he will be in the game. Barry Bonds was not a member of the MLBPA, he opted out of it after the 1994 strike, which is why he was never in games, so you are right, it is the same reason Fukudome is not in the game. Same thing with Kevin Millar

Exactly right. Millar is from my area. Out of curiosity I looked for him in last year's MLB 2k7, and he wasn't on the game. It was for the reason said above. There was a list of names, but the only ones I remember are Bonds and Millar. I think a majority of the players are no longer playing.