Whats the deal No JRPG,or any good rpg for USA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

Whats the deal with Sony releasing the Vita but with no JRPG, or any Dragon age/Skyrim type RPG. is there one in the works for the USA ???

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Disgaea 3 (don't really like it personally), Persona 4 eventually, and I can't think of much else. There's some petitioning to XSEED going around for Ragnarok Odyssey, which just looks amazing. Final Fantasy X remake should be coming here eventually. Ys Celceta was confirmed for the west by Falcom's president, IIRC. I think that's about it. Looking pretty bleak in general, though I still have hope.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Disgaea 3 will be here soon, but it's a niche game. You have to remember, the Vita is still brand new, and as far as RPGs go, they take an enormous amount of time to make.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Disgaea 3 (don't really like it personally), Persona 4 eventually, and I can't think of much else. There's some petitioning to XSEED going around for Ragnarok Odyssey, which just looks amazing. Final Fantasy X remake should be coming here eventually. Ys Celceta was confirmed for the west by Falcom's president, IIRC. I think that's about it. Looking pretty bleak in general, though I still have hope.

TheBlackKnight3

That's pretty sad because most of those games are already on PS2/3. Vita really needs some exclusives to entice people like me to make the leap to purchase the system.

FallenSputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 FallenSputnik
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

wrong...I bought vita for purposes of cross play, meaning vita playing with ps3 users, so id rather have that, then just play with vita users.

Crocodile_Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Crocodile_Key
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

Nothing great now, but I have a fealing the RPG life for the Vita is going to be great.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
sadly most systems don't launch with jrpgs but if the vita will be anything like the psp they will come just give some time
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
When you think about it, there's never (or rarely) been an WRPG on a portable system... The only one that comes to mind is Baldur's Gate for the Game Boy Advance. Hopefully, this will change with the Vita. Until Sony ups the 4GB limit on game cards, though, it's not going to happen. WRPG developers always have to go crazy on voiced dialogue, so until the cards are allowed at least 8GB, we'll not see a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game on the Vita.
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]When you think about it, there's never (or rarely) been an WRPG on a portable system... The only one that comes to mind is Baldur's Gate for the Game Boy Advance. Hopefully, this will change with the Vita. Until Sony ups the 4GB limit on game cards, though, it's not going to happen. WRPG developers always have to go crazy on voiced dialogue, so until the cards are allowed at least 8GB, we'll not see a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game on the Vita.

Well there was Untold Legends on the PSP. I guess that would be considered an action RPG. I believe there was also a spin off to it at the PS3 launch called Dark Kingdoms. Neither were that good though.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The reason it had that problem for the PSP because all the pirates scared Japan away.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

RPGs take a long time to make if you're making them well.

Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Conver
Member since 2003 • 3300 Posts

Vita is lacking for now, in the meantime there are some great RPGs on the PSP to play.

ColdScorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ColdScorpion
Member since 2005 • 506 Posts

Phantasy Star Online 2 for japan release. I really hope they have a US release eventually.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Since the PSP was great for RPGs/JRPGs I thought that PSvita would also be great for this genre. But it seems Sony's high priced PSvita memory cards have put a halt to this for now. Until the memory prices drop then not too many RPG/JRPG games will be coming since there take larger memory. At least if you buy a downloaded version. SD cartridges will be 4GB in size.

Plus PSP is still selling in well in Japan. Sony is keep on making money since they have taken a beating moneywise in the 7th Generation. PSvita needs a larger install base before RPG games will be profitable.