what's so great about Rachet and Clank?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?
jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?ChartTopper93

The list of what is Not great in this game is alot smaller.

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

why dont you just download the demo and see for yourself?

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

I've only played the psp version and the demo, but I gotta say: It's as if you're in a freakin' pixar movie.

The voice acting is great, it's hilarious, and the gameplay is SO MUCH FUN. Additionaly, I wouldn't call it a kid game at all, they have some humor for everyone (one of their titles was called 'up your arsenal). I would try the demo if I were you.

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
THE GAME IS FUN...that is all you need to know
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
it is fun as heck, i guess you go to gametrailers.com and look it up and watch some vidoes. also i guess you did not get have ps 2 or maybe you just never played it before. i guess pixar movies are only for kids also. it looks like a caotic ppixar movie. the weapons are for from being original. so please check it out at that site and make sure you watch the hd ones. i have never seen so much color in a game ever.
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
I have preordered it from my local Game Stop and they gave me the demo. I play my PS3 on a 65"1080p TV with HDMI. And I'll tell you that R & C is the best looking game I've seen on the PS3. It's very fun and has a great storyline. The weapons and characters are very cool. This game deserves a 10 more than any game I've seen or played on PS3. It is a kids game, but it is very fun for adults as well and it's not beneath me to play this kids game. I'm 35 and usually like shooters, action adventure, and survival horror and stay away from kids games like Kingdom Hearts. But when I saw and played R & C at my local Game Stop I was seriously amazed at what a well put together game it is.
karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
Yes definetely try the demo out. I was skeptical about the series when i originally tried it out and i have to say it's excellent. It's like playing through a movie. Lots of fun.
Red-Eye-V2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Red-Eye-V2
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
Well, its filld with upgradable weapons. Some devastating... others not so killer. (Although the Groovatron can be used to stop enemys in there tracks... plus its funny.) Its a very good mix of platformer and there are signs of shooting game it it.
elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts
dude have you played the demo!
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

The game is great, but its not my cup of tea. The gameplay is fun, the visuals in this one are by far the best of every game, Imsomniac has really understood the PS3 hardware wise, and have pulled a gorgeous looking game. I played a R&C game on the PS2, but I dont enjoy this kind of games anymore (the ones were you are not human I mean or that are cartoony, american cartoony, not anime lol).

Anyway, if you are going to complaint, at least try the demo dude. Before I criticized Kingdom Hearts 2 I played the whole game fully. You need to know before you speak.

Hope that you guys who enjoy it have a great time, as for me? I will be playing Folklore :D

yanks1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yanks1112
Member since 2005 • 867 Posts
Play the demo and then ask again. It's one thing to ask for an answer but you have to do your own research. Especially if the demo is FREE!
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

What is this prejudice against kids' games? First of all, I would argue that Ratchet & Clank is not a kids' game at all. It only appears that way to outsiders because of its art style. That being said, people need to stop taking themselves so seriously. Games geared towards a younger audience can be fun, too. People need to keep in mind that there is a significant difference between being childish and childlike. We should all strive to be more childlike. Denouncing a game because of its "childish" art style is childish itself.

I'm not saying anybody has done this in this particular thread, but I've seen it before and it's annoying. Put away the clichéd FPS's for a while and go on a goofy adventure with Ratchet & Clank. It'll be good for you.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I always loved Jak and daxter way more then the R&C series. I played the old R&C games and for some reason they felt slower then the jak games to me. Maybe i'll like this new game.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?ChartTopper93

That's a very easy answer my friend, it's pure fun.

Games should always be fun, maybe it's not your cup of tea :)

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

The weapons are cool and fun to use. That the main draw for me.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

but it looks like a kids game.ChartTopper93

says the guy with a bugs bunny avatar

what's so great about it?ChartTopper93
It's fun. 'nuff said.

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts

The commercials never looked like it was geared to just kids, looked like it was for everyone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uH2dM_LLKJg

And you got to give things a chance despite if it looks childlike, or just don't put a bias on it. I mean, on the 360 the first Viva Pinata game was actually a good game, played by any age and addicting, despite it looking like it was for a child.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
u gotta play it to really get a feel for it. dont judge a game by its cover.
guanuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 guanuma
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts

nobody can decide for you, you will need to play the demo and take a decision if you like it or not. :roll:

milkweed989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 milkweed989
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
i smell a troll...
brandeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brandeni
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts

Its a well rounded experience. The graphics are the best we have seen on the PS3 so far (I am talking about games released, not like KZ2 etc..) The gameplay is balanced and is constantly changing in a positive way. The controls feel natural and are easy to pick up. The cutscenes use in-game elements and mesh well with the gameplay, they are also hillarious.

Its a solid game, AAA for sure. Its going to be a single player experience rather than a single player game.

I didnt even go into the sound either...

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Plain and simple: it's fun.

Read the IGN review of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal on PS2, and if that doesn't convince you that the series is great, then I don't know what to tell you. It looks cartoony, but that doesn't make it a kid's game. Not every game has to be a gorefest to be fun.

Nirvana00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nirvana00
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts

I'm guessing you've never played any of the games have you? if not play them, if you dont want to waste money on the games, then download the demo. then you'll see why we like the franchise so much.

gamedudeorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamedudeorino
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

"Kids game". This is coming from a guy with a bugs bunny avitar. I think the majority of people who have played the demohave a positive outlook towards the game.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Ratchet And Clank is a very-well made cross between a shooter, and old-school platformer. The gameplay is fun and easy to get into & has some depth, and the characters, settings, and dialogue are always great (and funny). The overall package isgreat, simple, lighthearted fun.

DazKurupt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 DazKurupt
Member since 2006 • 1370 Posts

What I found amazing was everything about the game really. The anti - aliasing was excelent. Like no jaggies at all. The amount of on screen action was amazing. It was all good.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?DazKurupt

What I found amazing was everything about the game really. The anti - aliasing was excelent. Like no jaggies at all. The amount of on screen action was amazing. It was all good.

Yeah i was thinking about the same, all the stuff that you see, dust, explosions, fire effect, enemies, the gears that you collect, etc and no frame drop, or slow dowm :D totally amazing :D

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChartTopper93
i don't have a ps3...360 man here. but i'm goin to get a ps3 eventually so i check both pages and forums. game sounds good though. i just couldn't figure out why this game got so much love.
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChartTopper93

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?gamedudeorino

"Kids game". This is coming from a guy with a bugs bunny avitar. I think the majority of people who have played the demohave a positive outlook towards the game.

says the guy with the voltron avitar. look damn, i'm just asking why people like the game. this isn't a sneak attack or me talking about the game. i've just been hearing about it and wanted to know why it has this big fan base. some of you guys are too defensive, relax.
ratchet93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ratchet93
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i know thats funny\but it is a prettty sweet game and i would reccomend u get a ps3
fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

I guess you could also make a topic asking the same thing as why do people love sonic, mario andzelda.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
Since when is bright and shiny considered just for kids. The games in the past have been pretty challenging. No, it isn't god awfully hard, but still pretty good. People need open their eyes beyond shooting blood and gore, and games geared toward violence. This is the reason why this new generation isn't as good right now as it could be, Developers are just like, "Let's just make another violent game because it will sell" That is pretty pathetic. We used to have variety in our games, but now it is all dead because of shallow points of view. No offense is meant by any of this, but COME ON!!! Ratchet and Clank should be up their with GTA 4 and COD 4 along with Assassins Creed. Just because it isn't "Mature" it's not even looked at. Such a sad generation for gaming that it is.
kniveshurt18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kniveshurt18
Member since 2005 • 1506 Posts

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?gamedudeorino

Seriously, though I have to correct you about Bugs Bunny. He and the rest of the Loony Tunes were never intended as "kiddie." The old Loony Tunes shorts from the 30's-50's were aimed at adults and have tons of adult humor. I mean, look at my avatar. He's shaking a baby for godsakes! You wouldn't see something like that in a cartoon today without infuriating the wrath of soccer moms everywhere.
brandeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 brandeni
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts

Like a pixar film, this game appeals to both adults and kids. Thats how it works.

P.S. I cant believe people are accusing others of being "kiddy" by judging each others avatar, does it really matter that much?

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChartTopper93
[QUOTE="gamedudeorino"]

[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]i keep seeing people saying that they can't wait for it to come out and how it'll sell systems like it's one of the greatest franchises of all time. but it looks like a kids game. can some fans of it just tune in and talk about why they have so much love for this game so i can get interested to. what's so great about it?kniveshurt18

Seriously, though I have to correct you about Bugs Bunny. He and the rest of the Loony Tunes were never intended as "kiddie." The old Loony Tunes shorts from the 30's-50's were aimed at adults and have tons of adult humor. I mean, look at my avatar. He's shaking a baby for godsakes! You wouldn't see something like that in a cartoon today without infuriating the wrath of soccer moms everywhere.

and in mines Bugz is holding a gun...so get over it.