What's so good about Far Cry 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I have been watching some videos, and the game looks good, but what's so amazing about Far Cry 2? I want to hear some people's opinions on it because in certain other threads people say how it's the best shooter coming out this fall.
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts

Everything.

If it doesn't look good to you, don't buy it. Personal tastes.

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
You're able to do whatever you want, attack whatever base you want whenever you want, it's simply pure open gameplay. Plus the map editor for multiplayer will allow you to create any sort of map you like with stuff like rivers, mountains, along with anything from single player like props, turrets, huts, you name it. Now I ask why would all that not be amazing?
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

I like just about everything with it.

How the gun just blows up in your hands when it gets to old and out of use.. that just screams "epic!" to me, but I can see myself extremly pissed at the same time.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
A FPS that is almost devoted to singleplayer instead of multiplayer(but it still has multiplayer) awesome graphics great gameplay map editor great gameplay great gameplay may i say more?
thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 thanos723
Member since 2006 • 871 Posts

A FPS that is almost devoted to singleplayer instead of multiplayer(but it still has multiplayer) awesome graphics great gameplay map editor great gameplay great gameplay may i say more?NuKkU

this

not to mention open gameplay. its practically a sandbox shooter

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 G-Legend
Oh, see, i've seen a bit of it, but I didn't know it had all that much, I might actually get it now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Its a completely free roaming shooter. There are a bunch of vehicles, tons of weapons that actually break down realistically, dynamic weather, awesome graphics, and realistic creation and control of fire.
proximo642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 proximo642
Member since 2003 • 991 Posts

Well, I played and finished Farcry twice and really enjoyed the game. It was a solid game with great reviews. If Farcry 2 is as good as the first one with better graphics, I think it's hard not to think it will be a great game.

If they add game play mechanics that push FC2 to the next level, we will even be more better off.

I would not say that I am sitting around waiting for this game to come out, but I would be very interested in buying it when it does, or at least after I read the reviews. :-)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Fire propagation, dynamic weather effects, fully destructable environments including shooting each branch from a tree, and so much more. It's the most innovative FPS on consoles when it comes to the technological side of things.
nas-tmayne2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 nas-tmayne2k6
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
map editor and mp is the reason I bought instincts and predator for xbox and 360....the created maps you find are wonderful..and many are topnotch maps and people can be very thrifty with the objects given
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
looks great for single player, doesn't it only have deathmatch for mp? I know there's a really slick map editor, but i think only one mp mode, if that's true, makes this a single player focused affair. not that i have a problem with that: i prefer single player anyway.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It'll be the second best FPS of 2008.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G-Legend

map editor and mp is the reason I bought instincts and predator for xbox and 360....the created maps you find are wonderful..and many are topnotch maps and people can be very thrifty with the objects givennas-tmayne2k6

Yeah map editor should add a lot of replay value, btw your sig is jokes, classic boondocks :D