This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark-liger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dark-liger
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
hey geting broadband soon so i was thinking whats psn like is it just as good as xbl
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

hey geting broadband soon so i was thinking whats psn like is it just as good as xbldark-liger

It depends on what you mean....if you are talking about demo's I would say that XBL has the slight edge becuase it has more. But if you are talking about overall....with 1 or 2 more update's it will be on the same level or maybe surpass live.And remember it's FREE!!!!

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

it's decent. of course it could have more content....but hey, it's free.

and multiple developers have stated that they were going to be releasing demos on the PSN. so I think more third-party developers are getting used to the PSN and are going to be releasing the same demos that XBL gets.

dark-liger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dark-liger
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

[QUOTE="dark-liger"]hey geting broadband soon so i was thinking whats psn like is it just as good as xblMERC_RECONN

It depends on what you mean....if you are talking about demo's I would say that XBL has the slight edge becuase it has more. But if you are talking about overall....with 1 or 2 more update's it will be on the same level or maybe surpass live.And remember it's FREE!!!!

cool its free

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I highly recommend a keyboard. Any USB keyboard will work, but wireless is better. Anyway a cheap keyboard really makes it much more fun and easier to communicate with friends.
synce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 synce
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
The main difference between XBL and PSN is that XBL is intergrated into every game. You use the same ID for everything and can keep track of all your friends no matter what either one of you is doing. Also, XBL gets new content way more often than PSN. So, in that regard, XBL is superior. Of course, you don't have to pay anything for PSN, but that was never really a plus for me since one month of XBL costs less than a McDonald's meal. But yeah, PSN is basically the same exact idea as XBL, but not integrated into every game, and it's free.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eclipsed4utoo

The main difference between XBL and PSN is that XBL is intergrated into every game. You use the same ID for everything and can keep track of all your friends no matter what either one of you is doing. Also, XBL gets new content way more often than PSN. So, in that regard, XBL is superior. Of course, you don't have to pay anything for PSN, but that was never really a plus for me since one month of XBL costs less than a McDonald's meal. But yeah, PSN is basically the same exact idea as XBL, but not integrated into every game, and it's free.synce

technically, the PSN is integrated into every game that contains online....as there is only one login for every game. but most games have their own buddy lists that is specific to the games. However, that will probably be changing soon. Resistance just had a patch that integrated the XMB's friends list to the game's friends list. We should start seeing future games doing the same.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MERC_RECONN

The main difference between XBL and PSN is that XBL is intergrated into every game. You use the same ID for everything and can keep track of all your friends no matter what either one of you is doing. Also, XBL gets new content way more often than PSN. So, in that regard, XBL is superior. Of course, you don't have to pay anything for PSN, but that was never really a plus for me since one month of XBL costs less than a McDonald's meal. But yeah, PSN is basically the same exact idea as XBL, but not integrated into every game, and it's free.synce

Superior is a very strong word, but heck that's your opinion,anyway remember PSN is just past it's infancy stage...so don't draw any conclusions on it yet.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MERC_RECONN

I highly recommend a keyboard. Any USB keyboard will work, but wireless is better. Anyway a cheap keyboard really makes it much more fun and easier to communicate with friends.EmperorSupreme

Agreed...I forgot about that major detail. lol

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

It's like warm apple pie...

Not really but I prefer it over XBL. Mainly because of the community. With folks like eclipsed4uto runnin around on PSN you take your chances.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eclipsed4utoo

It's like warm apple pie...

Not really but I prefer it over XBL. Mainly because of the community. With folks like eclipsed4uto runnin around on PSN you take your chances.

emitsu97

true dat..... my ID is Dead1yAssass1n. can you believe there is already somebody out there with "Eclipsed4utoo"? I mean, what the hell?

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

true dat..... my ID is Dead1yAssass1n. can you believe there is already somebody out there with "Eclipsed4utoo"? I mean, what the hell?

eclipsed4utoo

I bet it's you from trying to register previously. :lol:

I'll add you when I get to my PS3. Home improvement projects have recently cut me off from my Entertainment Room.

BlacKJaCK2290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlacKJaCK2290
Member since 2005 • 1775 Posts
PSN is exactly what its made out to be, the free version of XBL. Thats either really good, or really bad depending on how you look at it.
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

PSN is exactly what its made out to be, the free version of XBL. Thats either really good, or really bad depending on how you look at it.BlacKJaCK2290

i think you have said it the best