Whats longer..Oblivion or..Final Fantasy XII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
?
lariz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lariz
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts
In terms of gameplay? I would have to say Oblivion, hands down.
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

Oblivion is about 200 hours long in terms of gameplay. Final Fantasy XII could possibly last you 100 hours, maybe. My neighbor spent that much time on it, but he spent an in-ordinate amount of time training.

cloud_afg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cloud_afg
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts
To getcertain items in FF12 you do alot of restarting. And if you really want the best items you will be doing that alot. If your a perfectionist you will be going way above 300 hours with ff12.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
It depends on what you like. Now Oblivion is around 200+ hours. But I got Oblivion 2 days ago. While Final Fantasy which I have had since Christmas and I have played a total of 54 hours. But I like Oblivion better because of the fighting mechanic. I tis one of the most realistic I have played.
hwardrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hwardrocks
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
The main quest for oblivion is relativley short, ff12 can take from 30-40 hrs.
Kaine666_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaine666_2
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
you can spend months on oblivion and still not find everything, final fantasy is defo the shortest time. but then again oblivion is free roaming so there you go
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts
it took me 120 hrs. to finish 12, I had all the summons, some of the good weapons and all skill boards filled out. I did all the hunts except like the 3 last ones, they take like 5 hours to do each.
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I did every quest in oblivion in 120 hours. I got EVERYTHING.

I haven't player FF XII, but I'll assume getting every single thing would take me aobut htat long, mayne slightly less.

LeDavester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LeDavester
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
oblivion is really really long.
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts

oblivion is around 200 hours?

FF12 is like half of that.

either way, you have to play both. different styles, different gameplay.

_ChIcKeN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _ChIcKeN_
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
FF12 is long and better...go 4 it!
libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts
Both of them are kinda long, but I liked FF XII way more than Oblivion, mostly because I couldn't understand why those lizards were talking .. and because I like FF better xD
Omnisystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Omnisystem
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

To getcertain items in FF12 you do alot of restarting. And if you really want the best items you will be doing that alot. If your a perfectionist you will be going way above 300 hours with ff12. cloud_afg

OR...in case you have a little brains...

You could just check where those chests are located in the game so you dont open them before you can...right? Instead of going half way in the game and opening a chest that you werent supposed to...you could just not be an idiot and get the location of those chests first.

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Its as long as you make it, you could technically beat Oblivion rather quickly with the main story line, since all beasts in that game are leveled to you. However in any FF series game there is the infamous level grinding and that adds a lot of time. So really it comes down to if your willing to put the time into the additional content or if you would rather just do the story. In the latter part it would be FF12 that would be longer due to the level grind, but if you choose to do all the side stuff then its probably oblivion.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
Comparing main quests, final fantasy 12 by a VERY long shot. In oblivion, you don't have to level up if you don't want to. In final fantasy 12, you're FORCED to if you want to beat the game. Though if you factor in side quests, oblivion wins.
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
Final Fantsy XII is far longer if you're comparing story and meaningful sidequests. Oblivion's length comes from the absolute freedom you have to do whatever you want. Unfortunately, many of the sidequests outside of the factions are rather plain and exploring caves and ruins on your own tends to be a bit random and pointless. Both are great games but I'd toss my hat in for FFXII any day when it comes to real depth.
Gunfan9x19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gunfan9x19
Member since 2005 • 305 Posts
It's not a fair comparison. They're both great games, but FFXII is linear, and Oblivion is COMPLETELY open-ended. You can put as much time into Oblivion as you want to without even starting the main quest (outside of the tutorial), and there is easily another 200 hours in downloadable content (including Shivering Isles). You can play through with a different character if you're so inclined. FFXII is a great game that you can put a lot of time into, especially if you go and explore the whole world and find EVERYTHING. But it's still a linear experience, not an open-ended experience, so like I said, you can't really compare them in terms of length.
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
i see, i would of thought oblivion to be longer but im familiar with the long extras in FFX so i guess XII is similar.
Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts
Oblivions like 150 hours
VampiraJen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 VampiraJen
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

[QUOTE="Gunfan9x19"]It's not a fair comparison. They're both great games, but FFXII is linear, and Oblivion is COMPLETELY open-ended. QUOTE]

exactly. ff12 is very much go here, do that, then go over there and do this. it's a great game, but completly different to oblivion. in the latter, it is much easier to naff around for agaes, exploring and such. i've had bothe games since they came out, so had ff12 for about two months longer, but have only played twenty hours, where as with oblivion i have raked up about forty five hours doing half as much as i have in ff12

but if you are asking in terms of how much time you are likely to spend on it getting from begining to absolute total 100% end then it is without question oblivion

lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts

oblivion is really really long.LeDavester

And the truth shall set us free