What were Capcom thinking with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

The game is simply too difficult to play by yourself if you are an average player, so you have to go co-op. But its not that simple! There is no online so you are forced to play localy with friends. BUT NO ONE I KNOW PLAYS MONSTER HUNTER!! Its pisses me off so much that the game is too difficult to play by yourself. Seriously, what the **** where capcom thinking? I hope they ****ing die them **** :evil:

-I ****ING HATE CAPCOM!!!!!

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

The game is simply too difficult to play by yourself if you are an average player, so you have to go co-op. But its not that simple! There is no online so you are forced to play localy with friends. BUT NO ONE I KNOW PLAYS MONSTER HUNTER!! Its pisses me off so much that the game is too difficult to play by yourself. Seriously, what the **** where capcom thinking? I hope they ****ing die them **** :evil:

PSfanboy101

NO ONLINE!!!!!!!:twisted: LOCAL PLAY ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted: You just talked me out of getting this game.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

I think I have a solution to your co-op problem. Try looking for Xlink Kai. It's, from what I understand, a way to play Ad Hoc mode over the internet. Making it like it actually has online play. For more information about it, try here and look for a part where it's talking about Xlink Kai. Which is 1.3 on the table of contents.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

PSfanboy101

Dude. Does the west really have that much difficulty with this game? Its people like you that force Nomura to not give us Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + with the critical difficulty setting. Good job. These games dont hand you a trophy and 50 achievement points for turning on the game. Please dont give up and really try to actually work for it.

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

I read your comment then looked at your sig. You seem like a very bad Christian... please, if you do believe in Christ, show it.

And really, it's not all that hard...

gandaf007

Lmao. You know it is possible for people to be content in their own religion without feeling the need to parade it around in front of others. ;)

Just a thought..

On topic, yeah TC it's a tough game. But I think you just have to put in the hours. Log the time and the skills will come..

Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

PSfanboy101

Don't whine until you put in about 20 hours of gameplay. You either have the determination required or you don't.

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

You don't HAVE to play multiplayer, sounds to me like you just run in swinging blindly expecting thigs to die with no work, no, sorry the game is nothing like that. Maybe for the small things but for the wyverns and other big beasties you have to watch their movements and learn their patterns and best times to attack, me personally I am up to the 9star quests from the cat in the village, only HR3 though as I try to save those to do with my friends, btw there is a way to play online. There is the xlink that is mentioned and also IF YOU HAVE A PS3, google how to get a japanese account and dl a program from their psn called adhoc party, it fools your psp to thinking it's in adhoc when it's running off your wired ps3s' internet.

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts

Keep trying and don't get reckless or go play some games with lock-on.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

I have some questions-

1. What's with the camera controls? They're beyond awful.Is there some sorta lock-on feature?

2. Are all the enemies so erratic? I'm playing the demo and it just randomly runs around, the only time I get hit being when I get in it's way. The enemies don't seem to be aware of my presence at all.

3. What do you think is the most interesting part of the game?

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
The steep learning curve is a big turn off for me. I just don't have the time or patience to really sit down and learn everything (monster movements, weapon techniques, etc). Not the fault of the game though. I'm sure if you take the time to really do all that, the payoff makes the game worth the price tag and beyond. I just like to pick up and play my psp so the game doesn't really benefit me.
aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts

It's not that bad. Found and met a few new people around my community playing the game. Adds a bit of social life with all the LAN parties.

imakickuall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imakickuall
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts
Capcom is just trying to get money :P They want ur friends to buy monster hunter and play it with you so they can get more $ It was meant to be played in co-op mode for a lot of bosses.
neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

Before my friends got it I was alone for a while (MHp2g not unite) it just takes time to get used to everything like what to use, and monster movement but once u got that down the game is a bit easier.

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]

adventureseeker

Get some friends

He's right, you should go down to the friend store and pick up a few MHF: Unite players.

Seriously though adventureseeker, are you that naive?

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

Why not get adhoc party make a japanese account and get adhocparty for multiplayer.

felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

I think I have a solution to your co-op problem. Try looking for Xlink Kai. It's, from what I understand, a way to play Ad Hoc mode over the internet. Making it like it actually has online play. For more information about it, try here and look for a part where it's talking about Xlink Kai. Which is 1.3 on the table of contents.

FallofAthens

Thanks, gonna try that out.

Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
So much hate in this thread for Capcom. I can perhaps understand where Capcom were coming from in the sense it is based for the Japanese Commuter market. So people going to work or school will be able to perhaps play with people on the train for example. It is the best selling game out there, its not not so big elsewhere. I mean in the UK now we have a MH store in London where you can hang and play with fellow MH fans. I am assuming if it takes off they may open more all over the place.
Blackjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackjaw
Member since 2003 • 241 Posts

Wanna know what Capcom was thinking...put on the song "Money, Money, Money" by ABBA.

MONEY MONEY MONEY.....MONEY!

gamehippieabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 gamehippieabc
Member since 2008 • 291 Posts

I hate the game. it is stupid:x

d3ns06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 d3ns06
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I have to agree, this game is incredibly frustrating but it is possible to solo the game and finish it. It's just really irritating and it's obvious that the game is really designed for multiplay.

That being said, this game is epic! It's just not for the average gamer so if you can't stomach it, play patapon or something. xD

gho5ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gho5ty
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

its not hard and its really not stupid if you need help there is gamefaqs, u need someone to show you how too do things there is a thing called youtube.

there is no autolock on and no leveling just skill and know how too wach the monsters moves and knowing when too hit.the game puts you in a wold too see if you can fend for your self but if you cant and dont like it please dont hate on it and go back too the over rated FF:CC

d3ns06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 d3ns06

LoL, awww come on don't dis on Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, that's an awesome game. ^^,

Good graphics, nice story line, user friendly combat system and great finale. Was just too short for an FF though, hehe.

Anyway since MHFU does force your hand into looking at vids or guides to kill monsters, then that's proof enough that it is a hard game. Hard, but still epic! w00t!

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

Why do so many people who play these games come off as arrogant? The game's not a test to see if you're some superior breed of human being, is it?

d3ns06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 d3ns06

Lol, it's a game, nothing more.

And as for the arrogance part, it has nothing to do with the game. Some people are just, plain and simple,pretentious.

rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

the game may be difficult, yes. it may not be the best idea to make a game like this ad hoc only in North America (and possibly UK?) because our daily lifestyle just doesn't USUALLY include the "daily commute/monsterhunter orgy." It's not the most popular series in NA. Also, you have to consider the difficulty problem such as getting easytype games over here because in NA video games are still greatly held as "children's playthings," although more and more casual gamers are emerging on the scene. This of course basically forces the games to be easier and more accessable for these new gamers as to not turn them away and to ensure future money machines... err... customers...

anyways, the only real gripe i have with the monster hunter series is that it seems almost once a month they come out with a new iteration of the same damn game. how many monster hunter freedoms with the same (albeit slightly modified) content do we really, honestly need? come on, give me a break.