what to do with my money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

Hey everyone

i currently have £160 and i have these options with what to do with it:

1) Buy some games i have always wanted, and some new ones (oblivion and crysis 2 for instance)

2) i dont have enough, but i have a good starting point to star building a great gaming PC for £700

i really want crysis and am so tempted to buy it, but then i blow any chance i have of building a gaming PC i have wanted for ages.

i dont come across money easily so if i do get my PC it will be unlikely i get crysis, killzone etc

but if i do build the PC i can play very high quality games and buy them cheaper

what would you do, can you give me some pros and cons for both?

much appreciated

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
3) Send all your money to The_Rick_14. haha Sounds like it depends how patient you are. If you have patience, then you can wait and get the gaming PC you've always wanted. If you need it right now, you should go impulse spend it and have fun.
mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattamomo

Deccissions Decissions

i love the idea of a high tech, future proof, 3D blu ray, super speedy surfing PC

but am afraid i may just ruin the chance of getting it by buying some games :S

NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

I would buy some new games and some good old ones and play your way through those. The PC can wait for a while.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattamomo

i just cant stand letting go of the chance to get a gaming PC

but CRYSIS 2

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
Save up for a PC it's well worth it. PC + PS3 compliment each other really well. Keep your eyes open for good deals and you should be able to build yourself a nice PC for not too much.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I vote give it to me...
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Do what you want? With that few money I would rather buy games than working on a system it takes even longer to get games for :S

TIGERLUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TIGERLUCK
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts
Don't blow it all on a PC... I dropped a bunch of money on my PC.. and now there's way more powerful components.. You can never future-proof a PC. If you're PC is still in good working condition plays games on decent settings. Then use the money on something else. You could get a game here and there and spread out your money evenly, that way you'll have money to buy whatever new game that gets your interest.
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 luke89330
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
I hope I can give you a subjective view on the matter: Decision 1 - Pros: You get instant fun. Even though the PC has better graphics, but the console is decent on most games, and that extra time ahead playing the game is an important factor comparing to you might play the game in years later. Why catching the time is important is because you flow with this generation of the gaming culture. I realize you still haven't play Oblivion, and that's an old game, Skyrim is about to come out, and I'm sure you are or will consider of getting it too. Cons: By following the most latest footsteps of gaming, you will probably never get a good PC. This also depends on if you are getting a job or getting a better job in the future. Personal economy matters greatly on your decisions. If you will stay the same as now for additional 2 years, you cannot get a good PC that supports games until your financial ability becomes stronger. Hint: Since your money is sort of tight, you have to make sure your money is well worth the purchase. Try to get your hands on the game first, try it out, see if its what you expected. Decision 2 - Pros: By getting a PC, you can play games with better graphics, and most importantly, cheaper, or with no money at all. And a better PC is always good to have, not just for gaming, but overall performance will benefit you from doing other work on the computer. Cons: You will not be able to play the games you wanted for an extended period of time, it could get long enough that you will forget or decide to give up on the masterpiece you once craved for. You also get disconnect with the culture in recent games, gaming media flows fast, and there's a lot of going on in this culture. If you are hardcore gamer, losing this time period of culture sure will make you not hardcore.
IWAOlympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IWAOlympus
Member since 2011 • 412 Posts

The problem with a PC is the components are continuing to evolve, and if you want to stay on the cutting edge, you'll need to continue dumping money into it. Since you say you don't come across money too often, I would stick to the consoles.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#12 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I gave up on upgrading my PC long ago and put the money into PS3 games and haven't regretted it.

Although I think I'd hold off on Crysis for a bit, wait for the price to drop - you can probably find plenty of other older great games you've never played for a fraction of the cost.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I would go for the PC, it's so much more than just a gaming tool. Easily more useful and important than any console.

Go for the PC, you will thank yourself in the end I am almost sure of it!

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]Save up for a PC it's well worth it. PC + PS3 compliment each other really well. Keep your eyes open for good deals and you should be able to build yourself a nice PC for not too much.

This. My rig is due for an update but im gonna wait until BF3 closer.
Avatar image for SennheiserHD800
SennheiserHD800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SennheiserHD800
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Save the money dude. During the time from now to your 700 bucks, there might be something else you might want instead.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Well I'm very impulsive so I'd blow it on new ans old games.

PC is for when I get my income tax refund ;)

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
It seems you're still a long way from your gaming pc price tag. You've got 160 & need around 700, so a difference of 540. If you don't come into money that often, how long are you going to have to wait to get the remaining funds together for the pc? I'd go for the games, but easy to say from my perspective...
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Get a gaming PC.I love videogames and i love my ps3 but Pc gaming is the best thing that could happen to a gamer.
mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattamomo

It seems you're still a long way from your gaming pc price tag. You've got 160 & need around 700, so a difference of 540. If you don't come into money that often, how long are you going to have to wait to get the remaining funds together for the pc? I'd go for the games, but easy to say from my perspective...jnjreams76

i come across enough money to have the PC by the years end of around £750 taking away social money etc

so its not that bad a wait for a nice practical PC

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

[QUOTE="jnjreams76"]It seems you're still a long way from your gaming pc price tag. You've got 160 & need around 700, so a difference of 540. If you don't come into money that often, how long are you going to have to wait to get the remaining funds together for the pc? I'd go for the games, but easy to say from my perspective...mattamomo

i come across enough money to have the PC by the years end of around £750 taking away social money etc

so its not that bad a wait for a nice practical PC

that's not bad then, just go for what you want most :)
ladycroft142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 ladycroft142
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

Why don't you spend a little of your money on a game you really want, say Crysis 2 then put the rest by for your PC. I'd love a good gaming PC I just found out mine won't be able to run The Witcher, gutted :(

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I'm not much of a PC person since always having to upgrade it is like buying a new game system in the long run. You should buy the games you want now.