What system should I stick with?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RetroBox70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RetroBox70
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

I know I'm making all of this seem like a first world problem haha but I need some help

So here's the deal: I played PS1 and PS2, then I wanted to switch to Xbox 360, played that for around 7-8 years. Decided I'd switch to PS4 for this generation because it seemed more promising. I ended up getting an Xbox One later on because that's what all of my friends had switched over to. I still use both systems, but Xbox is sadly what I'm on more because all of my friends are on it. I cannot stand the Xbox One, the issues I've had with it are unreal, and PS4 has had no problems for me besides a few problems turning on which I got fixed.

Anyways, the problem is that my friends besides around 1 or 2 of them are deciding to stay on Xbox. I really do not wanna stay on Xbox at all.. I am very determined to switch to PS4, especially now that COD Modern Warfare is being remastered.

What do I do? Switch to PS4 and barely have anyone to play with, or stay on Xbox where all of my friends are.

Please don't turn this into a console war, I really just need some help deciding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

are they real life friends, or just online friends? It is fairly easy to find people online to play with, and form gaming groups with, so unless they are RL friends, I would just pick what I wanted to play on more.

RetroBox70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RetroBox70
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin: They are real life friends

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

If you already own both, why not just keep them both? Play CoD with your friends on the X1 and play whatever stuff you're excited about that doesn't depend on them on your PS4?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Being able to play with your friends is way more important than the minor differences between the Xbox One and PS4. Do you really want to be the one left out of the fun your friends are having gaming together? If I had to choose, I would definitely choose the console that I could play with my friends on.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2313 Posts

If they jumped off a bridge, would you? PS4 is undeniably the better choice even if the xbox one wasnt giving u problems. If u have both more power to you

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@xantufrog said:

If you already own both, why not just keep them both? Play CoD with your friends on the X1 and play whatever stuff you're excited about that doesn't depend on them on your PS4?

Best and most logical comment, IMO!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@retrobox70: Hmm, then your problem is a fairly hard one.

Between the X1 and PS4 is fairly close, so I might end up picking the X1, But hey, the PS4 Neo is coming out later this year, maybe you can convince them to grab that one ;) Sadly alot of gamers are very brand focused, so you might have to deal with the X1 for as long as you can :\ I would not suggest simply jumping to the PS4, as you would isolate yourself from a lot of the social interactions.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

Stick to XBOX! period. (i'm a PS4 owner).

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

Play on the console your real life friends are playing on. If you have both, play Xbox for multiplayer and PS for single player games.

Avatar image for terminalyinsane
TerminalyInsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TerminalyInsane
Member since 2016 • 99 Posts

Get new friends........Just kidding. I think you should stick with your friends. I have a PS4 because that is what my friends play on. Both systems are great. Gaming is supposed to be social.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I don't see a reason why you should get rid of either. Play the game you like on the system you like. There will be games on both consoles that won't be available to each so would keep both. And don't feed into any of the childish immaturity of console "wars".

You have a ability to own multiple consoles, enjoy them. ;)

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

I find there's little reason to own anything but a PS4 this generation. Sat on the fence, did my research and saved myself a few bob.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Same mateeeeeeee

Played on PS2 for a while, switched to 360, now at PS4, although I'm starting to start gaming on PC again

But most my friends are on PS

I would say...go with Xbox, better to spend time with friends than by yourself

Also, if you stay on both consoles, isn't that costly?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

PS4 is the better console overall, but you can't replicate the experience of gaming with friends. I agree with previous posters, keep both systems and enjoy gaming with your buds.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#16 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Just because your friends have bad taste in consoles, doesn't meant you have to as well.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

if they are your friends friends and not online friends which you have met online playing games, buy a ps4 and convince them to convert, otherwise buy a ps4 and make new friends, there are more people playing online at psn than xblive...

none of my friends are playing online atm, I have both an xbox one, and a ps4, the latter of which I am using constantly, I haven't even turned on my xbox one since the initial rush of forza 6 passed, I reckon it'll collect dust until forza horizon 3... :)

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Friends come first, always.

mihdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mihdum
Member since 2016 • 10 Posts

Whatever makes you happy.

I'd go for the PS4. I'm guessing you're young, so you must learn that friends are not forever, while games are.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@retrobox70: Why are you following your two friends? They should follow you.

I have friends with different consoles, it's no big deal. I have other friends too.

I own both PS4, Xbone, Wii U, handhelds, and PC. It's okay, I have lots of friends and I have no problem making more friends.

The PS4 library is much bigger and it plays multiplats better, but do whatever you want to do.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

So you own both? I mean assuming you have both, if there's games your friends are playing then get that game on the console they're on if you want to play with them. PlayStations seems to be more for loner single player alone type of gaming, so if you don't want to play with friends get games on PS4.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

PC.

No, just kidding. If you're looking at consoles, then I would just say buy/keep both. Play whatever you want on your PS4, and play with your friends on the Xbox One. Plus, you then get to enjoy both system's exclusives. It's really up to you.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

@d_parker said:

Just because your friends have bad taste in consoles, doesn't meant you have to as well.

Fatality!

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

PS4, Xbox one only has 4 first party game devs working on xbox one, ps4 has like 16.

Winston93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Winston93
Member since 2016 • 49 Posts

It really depends on how much you value gaming with your friends. I , personally find SP gaming to be more enjoyable, so I would choose PS4.

philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts

Well do you prefer a higher resolution and frames per second, or lower?