What si the best PSP Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LightningFlamez
LightningFlamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LightningFlamez
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Still finding my favorite. :)
Ventara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ventara
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts
My favourite by far is Ys 7. Simply an amazing game that I couldn't put down. Had pretty much everything I want in an action RPG. I really want them to make an Ys 8.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions, Persona 3 Portable, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Grandotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Grandotaku
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

Mine has to be Persona 3 portable.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
So far my favorite is definitely Work Time Fun. Only had it since Christmas though.
orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

Persona 3 Portable is my personal favorite.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

The most played game i have would probably be "REEL Fishing: The Great Outdoors".

:|

No. I'm not kidding.

Stop laughing.

Are you going to be alright? You don't look like you're getting enough oxygen.

:?

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, by far.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles 2. I've sank many many hours in to it.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts

The most played game i have would probably be "REEL Fishing: The Great Outdoors".

No. I'm not kidding.

Stop laughing.

MonkeySpot
I am not laughing ;-).
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rubedisky
My favourite by far is Ys 7. Simply an amazing game that I couldn't put down. Had pretty much everything I want in an action RPG. I really want them to make an Ys 8.Ventara
did you know that the hardcorde fans like oath in felghana more? I purchased both and they should arrive soon! :D
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

No. I'm not kidding.

Stop laughing.

MonkeySpot
Monkey! hello :D , oh by the way you win best post ever :P hmm my favorite PSP game, now everyone be prepared... Brooktown High and I am not kidding :) play it yourself and you will find it fun as heck!
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rubedisky
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

No. I'm not kidding.

Stop laughing.

rwallacefan
Monkey! hello :D , oh by the way you win best post ever :P hmm my favorite PSP game, now everyone be prepared... Brooktown High and I am not kidding :) play it yourself and you will find it fun as heck!

and who are you ?
takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Hmm...I'm tied between God of War: Ghost of Sparta,FF Crisis Core, and Jeanne D'Arc-an excellent tactical rpg.

Get your Portable ID!

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Persona 3 Portable so far I think...

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#16 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I still think Crisis Core is pretty unbeatable, even a little bit better than Peace Walker. Or maybe a tie... I'm not sure.
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
[QUOTE="rwallacefan"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

No. I'm not kidding.

Stop laughing.

rubedisky

and who are you ?

Are you talking to me? :oops: Former head admin of the Nascar Union boards is who I am
J2G_Avarice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 J2G_Avarice
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
Well I sadly only have two games which are Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. I used to have Rachet and Clank and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Out of all of those I would have to say MGS: PW is my favorite so far. I want to pick up God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War: Ghost of Sparta and Final Fanasy VII: Crisis Core.
deejaypsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deejaypsp
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts
In an esoteric definition, the "best" PSP game is the one that you can't wait to play again, after you've stopped for whatever reason (dead PSP battery, time to sleep, etc.) This game would be the one you can't stop talking about to your friends (regardless of if they actually have a PSP), or the one that you may defend relentlessly on game forums (like this one) to prospective players. If a PSP game experience has affected you so positively that you have found unmatched enjoyment from anything else in its class, then, 1) the developers have done their job, and, 2) it is considered the "best" PSP game. Until something perceived as "better" comes along...
MicroByter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MicroByter
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ridge Racer!!! Bought on PSP launch day and still come back to it every few months!
lewispetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 lewispetty
Member since 2009 • 417 Posts

Monster hunter unite or metal gear soid peace walker

Ventara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ventara
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts
[QUOTE="Ventara"]My favourite by far is Ys 7. Simply an amazing game that I couldn't put down. Had pretty much everything I want in an action RPG. I really want them to make an Ys 8.rubedisky
did you know that the hardcorde fans like oath in felghana more? I purchased both and they should arrive soon! :D

Maybe I'm a noob, but I enjoy easier games. I found the difficulty and the challenge in the boss fights in Ys 7 perfect to my liking. I also felt it had better music than Oath. Oath was good, but it was a little too hardcore for me. I originally started on Normal, but realized that I was just becoming more and more frustrated, so I started again on Easy (and finished it), which I enjoyed much more.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

FFVII crisis core

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rubedisky
[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="Ventara"]My favourite by far is Ys 7. Simply an amazing game that I couldn't put down. Had pretty much everything I want in an action RPG. I really want them to make an Ys 8.Ventara

Maybe I'm a noob, but I enjoy easier games. I found the difficulty and the challenge in the boss fights in Ys 7 perfect to my liking. I also felt it had better music than Oath. Oath was good, but it was a little too hardcore for me. I originally started on Normal, but realized that I was just becoming more and more frustrated, so I started again on Easy (and finished it), which I enjoyed much more.

I'll be playing on normal too, I'll tell whether I find it difficult. ;-)
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rubedisky
I still think Crisis Core is pretty unbeatable, even a little bit better than Peace Walker. Or maybe a tie... I'm not sure.Granpire
Did you know that I find crisis core the worst RPG ever on psp?
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#26 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

For me it's Persona 3 Portable, I actully spent over 4 months playing this game alot during 2010.

But I also liked-

• Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  • FFVII Crisis Core
  • MGS Peace Walker
  • MegaMan Powered Up
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#27 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="rubedisky"] Did you know that I find crisis core the worst RPG ever on psp?

No, I did not, but there are always a few who do. But I've never understood those that say they hate Crisis Core. The only visible "bad" points that I can see: The somewhat unrealistic story of mako, shinra, SOLDIER, etc. The slightly strange-sounding script, due to japanese translation The DMW and "random levelling" system And some of these "cons" can be seen as pros, proof of uniqueness in the game. The story, most fans of VII will admit, one of the series' best. The script is a little off in some parts, but we've seen much worse in JRPGs before, and the leveling system isn't truly random in the end. To me, it's a perfectly faithful game in the tradition of Final Fantasy VII, it tries a lot of new things for a Final Fantasy game, yet stays faithful in its source material. It's got great graphics and a great soundtrack, great voice acting, great story. That's my thought process. I suppose it's a very different game than previous entries, and many Final Fantasy Fans felt somehow different about the game than they had expected.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rubedisky
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="rubedisky"] Did you know that I find crisis core the worst RPG ever on psp?

No, I did not, but there are always a few who do. But I've never understood those that say they hate Crisis Core. The only visible "bad" points that I can see: The somewhat unrealistic story of mako, shinra, SOLDIER, etc. The slightly strange-sounding script, due to japanese translation The DMW and "random levelling" system And some of these "cons" can be seen as pros, proof of uniqueness in the game. The story, most fans of VII will admit, one of the series' best. The script is a little off in some parts, but we've seen much worse in JRPGs before, and the leveling system isn't truly random in the end. To me, it's a perfectly faithful game in the tradition of Final Fantasy VII, it tries a lot of new things for a Final Fantasy game, yet stays faithful in its source material. It's got great graphics and a great soundtrack, great voice acting, great story. That's my thought process. I suppose it's a very different game than previous entries, and many Final Fantasy Fans felt somehow different about the game than they had expected.

it's kinda the same as daavpuke says the worst game is MGS PW.
J2G_Avarice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 J2G_Avarice

[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="rubedisky"] Did you know that I find crisis core the worst RPG ever on psp?rubedisky

Thats going a little too far I think. I loved Peace Walker. I'm curious as to why you think that it's the worst game? I honestly think Portable Ops is the worst out of the franchise. I don't understand what was so bad about Peace Walker. My only problem with it in the beginning was the Mech Boss Fights instead of the usual superhuman boss fights. I actually loved it after I beat though and understood why they went that route. I'll admit the RPG elements of the game feel a bit tacked on but they wanted to make you feel like your building Big Boss's army. That part they nailed.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rubedisky

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="Granpire"] No, I did not, but there are always a few who do. But I've never understood those that say they hate Crisis Core. The only visible "bad" points that I can see: The somewhat unrealistic story of mako, shinra, SOLDIER, etc. The slightly strange-sounding script, due to japanese translation The DMW and "random levelling" system And some of these "cons" can be seen as pros, proof of uniqueness in the game. The story, most fans of VII will admit, one of the series' best. The script is a little off in some parts, but we've seen much worse in JRPGs before, and the leveling system isn't truly random in the end. To me, it's a perfectly faithful game in the tradition of Final Fantasy VII, it tries a lot of new things for a Final Fantasy game, yet stays faithful in its source material. It's got great graphics and a great soundtrack, great voice acting, great story. That's my thought process. I suppose it's a very different game than previous entries, and many Final Fantasy Fans felt somehow different about the game than they had expected.J2G_Avarice

Thats going a little too far I think. I loved Peace Walker. I'm curious as to why you think that it's the worst game? I honestly think Portable Ops is the worst out of the franchise. I don't understand what was so bad about Peace Walker. My only problem with it in the beginning was the Mech Boss Fights instead of the usual superhuman boss fights. I actually loved it after I beat though and understood why they went that route. I'll admit the RPG elements of the game feel a bit tacked on but they wanted to make you feel like your building Big Boss's army. That part they nailed.

you are misunderstanding me. In fact mgs pw is my most favorite game ever for psp. I was talking about the member "daavpuke".
J2G_Avarice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 J2G_Avarice
[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="J2G_Avarice"]

it's kinda the same as daavpuke says the worst game is MGS PW.rubedisky

you are misunderstanding me. In fact mgs pw is my most favorite game ever for psp. I was talking about the member "daavpuke".

Oh ok nevermind I misread your post sorry man.
sandeshreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 sandeshreddy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Disgaea afternoon of darkness had simply one of the most spellbounding story and ranks right up there!!!!!!!