What's the Point of Project Morpheus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#1 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Ok, I guess I'm a little behind the times. What's the big deal with these virtual reality headsets? I don't see how these are the "future". They look heavy and bulky. Why would I play a game on that when I have a great controller and a huge TV? I just don't see the appeal. Am I alone here or can someone explain what the appeal of Project Morpheus and Oculus Rift is to the average gamer? Thanks.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@jasonredemption: There is no Spoon.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

Innovation and stuff. It's not meant to replace the usual TV-controller setups. That, and you'll still hold a controller with the headset anyway.

And I think it's cool they're pushing VR tech (although admittedly, I'm not one who's really excited about it). That simply means more gaming options, and to introduce more gaming experiences for us.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@tempura13 said:

Innovation and stuff. It's not meant to replace the usual TV-controller setups. That, and you'll still hold a controller with the headset anyway.

And I think it's cool they're pushing VR tech (although admittedly, I'm not one who's really excited about it). That simply means more gaming options, and to introduce more gaming experiences for us.

This and its meant to be more immersive, but there's 1 major drawback...

Its fine for us gamers and people that are willing to learn the tech, but give it to any casual and they'll be lost, I've even got family/friends who have to look at the controller to see where the buttons are, and if they learn it one day, it'll be forgotten the next.

You cant market these VR headsets to very casual, non-gamers, its too hard for them.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

@jasonredemption: There is no Spoon.

lol....OK neo!!!!

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

It is a far more immersive experience in gaming. I have to laugh when I hear people comparing the 1994 virtual reality to the 2014 virtual reality. I think technology is far more advanced than 20 years ago. I am very interested in Morpheus. God of War and Uncharted being made in virtual reality?! Yea. I am very interested. A really nice horror game would be amazing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@jasonredemption: glad i am not the only one