What makes Demon's Souls good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RobNBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RobNBanks
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts
I was at GameStop today and saw Demon's Souls, was debating on whether picking it up or not but I had my doubts and decided to ask gamers what they thought. RPG is my favorite genre and I'm looking for some good ones to play. I'll be getting Dragon Age: Origins (a little off topic here but does anyone know what comes in the Collector's Edition? Somehow my GameStop is still selling them and it's not regularly priced) and was thinking about getting another RPG. However, I want to make sure it's worth it. Is there any RPG you can compare it to? Also, I'd like to get something clarified. Is it difficult or cheap? Too many time's the two are confused as the same and it's not, difficult is something like..Mass Effect on the hardest difficult with a new character while cheap is something like Call of Duty World at War on the hardest difficulty. EDIT: Sorry, I tried to break it up but GS won't let me. It keeps putting it into a wall of text.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

no its most definitely difficult...i mean you better be good or you die...anyway the game ist totally great in terms of story but thats not what its about....it has pretty good gameplay and gives you a great challenge...thats why you get the game right there....Dragon Age and Demons Souls is no doubt a great purchase put together and the two best RPGs to come out in 09 arguably

gglass19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gglass19
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
Demon's Souls is the really good and hard, but the best thing is that you can co-op with other people and they can help you beat the game. FYI I'm still on my first play-through at 65 hours (two more levels to beat in one world), I've been co-op with other people lending my helping hand.
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
If you cant beat a NES game dont even try demon's soul. What made it good for me was the lack of RPGs on the ps3, the difficult also rewarded me because it felt good to show off that i beat one of the hardest games this gen. This game isnt COD veteran, where you die in 2 shots. This requires trail and error, as the ATLUS advertisement says "Get good or die".
dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts

Demon's Souls is great because the controls are pretty tight, only the occasional lock on problem. The game is hard, but it isn't cheap an anyway. You must manage your items and gear, but you can play any style you want.

Ranged with Bows or magic

Meleee with hammers and many differnt type of swords

Or a combination of both

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Its just very rewarding. Very fun, and when you do good, you feel bad***

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

For me, it's trying your best to finish a level without dying... or else you go back to your starting point. So as Leveling-up your character and improving your equipment... doing you best to make your character better and competitive against constant danger.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I guess it would be the feeling of beating each level. The fact that its so hard makes it so rewarding to actually succeed.
TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

Its got a great combat system and a wonderful use of atmosphere, mixing online elements, dark surroundings and brilliant sounds and effects to create such an immersive world.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/acz2t/let_me_tell_you_about_demons_souls/ Read this and this is why lol
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
[QUOTE="nightshade869"]http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/acz2t/let_me_tell_you_about_demons_souls/ Read this and this is why lol

Best. Review. Ever.
uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
Customizable character Real time combat Addictive gameplay It's a real-time action adventure RPG, to put it simply, you run around, slash at enemies in real time, and when they die, you get their experience points. It's very fun as well.
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

[QUOTE="nightshade869"]http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/acz2t/let_me_tell_you_about_demons_souls/ Read this and this is why lolGreyfeld
Best. Review. Ever.

I agree lol!! Its one of those games that is old school style where you dont have any save point, until you defeat a boss and you'll be jumping with joy!! such a rewarding game.......

killmashyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killmashyn
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts

Its got a great combat system and a wonderful use of atmosphere, mixing online elements, dark surroundings and brilliant sounds and effects to create such an immersive world.

TheCraving

Also, the player versus player is so creative, innovative and just pure awesome. The gameplay is so addictive, the enviroment is so awesome. The level designs all unique each world has its own flair and experience, with mapping, bosses, its very great escapism for me.

Once you "beat the game" you can continue to level up (sorta like diablo) and actually many weapons & spells/miracles/items cannot be gained until you play through it more then once, you continue invading other players world if your evil hunt them down and duel to the death, or just sneak up and backstab :)

OR you can be good, a wizard wielding magic and have yourself in soulform so others can summon you (and you assist them)

or the Redstone for just a straight up duel, whoever loses, loses all their collected souls and a soul lvl with of course item decay etc.

Hard core.