pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I mainly game on my PC and I prefer to play all multiplatform games on PC. I have gotten all the Sony consoles since PS2 (PS2, PSP, PS3, PS Vita, PS4Pro) for the exclusives.

However it seems that PS4 doesn't have that many games to offer. I have already played Bloodborne, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Persona 5, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Infamous Second Son and its expansion.

So with Nioh and Final Fantasy 15 already having been announced for the PC what is left to play on PS4? It doesn't have to be console exclusive since I don't have an Xbox but it must not have come out or been announced for the PC.

I prefer RPGs and story heavy games and dislike playing first person shooters with a controller (unless the story is too good to pass up like The Darkness).

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9436 Posts

Yeah. Slim pickin's at that point.

Have you tried Ratchet & Clank? It's basically a shooter but it plays good with a controller since most of the weapons lock on or do AoE damage. Might be worth checking that out before putting the PS4 into storage.

ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Have you tried Ratchet & Clank? It's basically a shooter but it plays good with a controller since most of the weapons lock on or do AoE damage. Might be worth checking that out before putting the PS4 into storage.

I recommend Ratchet & Clank too. Fun game.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pug987

@pyro1245 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't played any of the old Ratchet and Clank games but as far as I know this is a retelling of the first one so it should be a good place to start right?

I don't mind all shooters, I mean I prefer mouse to controller for targeting but I've played my share of 3rd person shooters on a controller. It's the 1st person ones that I have an issue with.

I also want to try Beyond Two Souls (one of the few remasters that I haven't already played on PS3) and Until Dawn. I didn't like Uncharted 4 so I'm not sure about Lost Legacy. Some people also recommend The Order, especially since it's short and you can get it cheap nowadays.

Any other games? That's slim pickings indeed considering there are dozens of exclusives on PS2 and PS3 that I still haven't played. (I have PS4 hooked in for the moment and no space for PS3 but at some point I'll have to reconnect the old console).

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash....if you are into that.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

I'm sure you probably have but if you haven't played the other KH games you should definitely try Kingdom Hearts: 1.5+2.5 Compilation. Also Tearaway Unfolded, Tales of Berseria, Ys VIII, FFXII: The Zodiac Age, FFX/X-2 Remaster(They look so much better in HD on PS4), Gravity Rush 2, and The Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy too. Also if you haven't played Persona 4 Golden or Freedom Wars on PS Vita you should play those too.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

@speedytimsi: Senran Kagura is also on PC.

Here are some games that I liked on PS4 and aren't on PC:

Digimon Story Cyber Seluth: Very good Turn Based RPG. Feels similar to Persona (but much easier)

World of Final Fantasy: Plays like the classic FF games with elements of monster catching.

Yakuza 0: Masterpiece. The game with the best storyline I have on PS4

Star Ocean Integrty and Faithlessness: Decent JRPG. I really liked it. It is not going to blow you away thought.

Gravity Rush 2

And as said before me. Ratchet Clank. I just got it about a week ago and I'm near the end. As of right now, it is perefect game

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

@yammireckorrdsan: I forgot all about World of Final Fantasy. Kinda forgot about it since I only played it on Vita

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Bloodborne?

Crash Bandicoot collection

GT Sport next week

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11692 Posts

Even though I have a pretty ok P.C. buying only 'exclusives' on a PS4 must suck. To have that restrictive mindset.

I'll put it another way, I have Dark Souls III on both P.C. and PS4. Why? A big reason is the difference in active community. And honestly P.C. DkS community is trash overall, so many hacker scrubs, ruining the game for everyone. Don't know why I bothered tbh.

I love playing D00M and WftO on P.C. still, and even Owlboy deserves far more love. But mostly, I'll pick PS4 for my new games. And will do the same for upcoming Monster Hunter: World, but that's a no-brainer as I'm concerned. May double dip and try multiplats on P.C. but I have no issue using my PS4 for games, it does the job, and at times an insanely better/ less toxic community to play with/against.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Same can be said the other way around, some PS4 games have a community far worse than PC.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pug987

Thanks for all the suggestions!

@speedytimsi: Not really my cup of tea but it's a good suggestion in that it's exclusive and I didn't even know existed.

@valgaav_219: I have played all KH games, including union cross, the smart phone game. - Is it better to play Tearaway on PS4 instead of Vita? - Tales of Berseria, Ys VIII, FFX/X-2 Remaster have come out for pc and FF12 will probably too eventually (almost all other FF games are on PC now). - Gravity Rush 2 is a good suggestion! I liked the first a lot on the Vita and you can get 2 at a budget price. - I have played the whole Crash Trilogy on PS1. I don't think I have the patience to replay them. - I have played Persona 4 (reason I got my Vita) but not Freedom Wars. Is it like Monster Hunter and God Eater or is it more of an RPG? - Speaking of Vita, I really wish they had released FF Type 0 for it. I played it on PC but it feels like it would be so much better on a mobile console.

@yammireckorrdsan: I have heard very good things about the Digimon game but I haven't played any in the series. Usually I like to play things in order but there are too many games in the franchise. Is Cyber Sleuth a good place to start or should I play the older games first? - I was excited about World of Final Fantasy but the reviews weren't that great. Still I may give it a go, it did seem interesting from the trailers and as far as I know has cross play with the Vita. Every excuse to dust off the Vita is welcome. - Yakuza 0 I already own but haven't played yet. It's on my list for sure. I'm guessing it's a good place to start the series although it was one of the last released? Sega is also remastering some of the older ones.

@GTR12: I have already played Bloodborne. Bloodborne alone is reason enough to get a PS4 in my opinion. I don't really play racing games unless they are very arcade-y. Last one I played was Need for Speed Underground 2, several years back.

@RSM-HQ: I have a pretty good PC and I have something of an obsession to always play the best version of a game. (That's why I got a PS4 Pro instead of a regular one). I like my games to run at 60 fps and I have my PC hooked up to my TV for 4K gaming. More than that though, I like how playing on PC, games don't have a shelf life. Any game I get now I can play 20 and 30 years down the line. For consoles you can keep around your old ones but you usually have only the latest one plugged in. I want to play the first Nier game in order to play Automata next but it's such a hassle to unpack my PS3 and reconnect it that I always postpone it. I get what you're saying about online communities but I usually prefer solo games. When I play online it tends to be PC-centric games like mobas, MMO or diablo-clones.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11692 Posts

@pug987 said:

play the best version of a game

I'm sure you know that's not true, Mods and community patches can only fix so much, and sometimes with Dark Souls for example the community makes it the best version. But times, the port was so badly optimised it remains the overall inferior experience.

If I only played Console I may have thought that was true, but straight-up denied. In my personal experience P.C. has a terrible Disgaea port that even gives the DS version value. Then add Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen with missing content and a messed up Ur Dragon server. With nothing on the Nexus to counter these negatives.

(That's why I got a PS4 Pro instead of a regular one)

And yet countless reports state the regular model usually has a more stable framerate overall with most titles, what many forget is the PS4 is what the games are optimised and made for, they just get patches for Pro features. And many times it has complications due to the differences in overall hardware, if you value consistency Pro is not the way to go, but for 4K? certainly.

I like my games to run at 60 fps and I have my PC hooked up to my TV for 4K gaming

Depends on the games for me if 60 is a need, usually I'd rather that a stable framerate than able to hit 60. If the game itself is mid to slow paced I'd value consistency over the 60FPS anyday. For what they work with I rarely have big issues with framerate on PS4 games. But on the note of 60FPS and stable, Wipeout Omega was a game this year that hit that note well, though worth noting it's a remaster of a PS3 game. And because it's a fast paced Racer 60FPS was a must if it was any lower I'd be disappointed.

Any game I get now I can play 20 and 30 years down the line. For consoles you can keep around your old ones but you usually have only the latest one plugged in

Misconception, it's the first generation that Playstation has removed backwards compatibility. It does suck however, and not a fan of that, hence why my PS3 isn't going anywhere and can play my PS2 and PS1 games as well.

I get what you're saying about online communities but I usually prefer solo games. When I play online it tends to be PC-centric games like mobas, MMO or diablo-clones.

Then P.C. certainly is the way to go, and some communities are fantastic. And do recommend War for the Overworld to anyone who enjoys games like Dungeon Keeper (not a Moba but nice RTS God Sim). Has a great community and Skirmish is always fun to jump into. Mobas are too toxic for my palette and usually find the gameplay not to my taste anyway, but each his or her own. If nothing I wonder why you have an interest in a Playstation, doesn't seem to fit with your genres of choice_

@GTR12 said: @RSM-HQ: Same can be said the other way around, some PS4 games have a community far worse than PC.

Try reading my whole comment sometime-

"and at times"

@GTR12 you've always had a habit of reading half my comments then stating 'oh yeah'. I know you're clearly passionate about retaliations but recommend taking your time before jumping the gun.

I've enjoyed a few fanbases on the P.C. platform and never denied PS4 has troIIs/ cry babies/ and idiots. But from my experience PS4 usually is more, well. . 'pleasant'.

And let's be honest Monster Hunter: World on P.C. will be hacked on its launched week, and I don't mean people flicking through files to get the best loot instantly, I'm referring to the kind of hacks that corrupt other peoples games on contact and can result in being seen as a hacker yourself. It's a common thing in DkSIII.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Try Nier Automata.

Also Gravity Rush 1 and 2

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Yakuza games also, there are tons more.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

@pug987: You don't need to play the other Digimon Games for Digimon Story Cyber Seluth. You'll get some refrences if you watched the anime and played other games in the series, but overall it is stand alone game. I myself didn't played the other games and remember very little from the anime and highly enjoyed the game.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pug987

@RSM-HQ:

It's true that there are some games with bad PC ports. Most of the times that means that they are poorly optimized and don't run as well as they should on your hardware. Sometimes there are patches, some times there are community fixed and some times you can just throw raw power at them.

Dark Souls was definitely a problematic port. However, it was the same resolution as PS3 and didn't have drops bellow 30. If you played solo it wasn't as good as it should be, without the dx fix, but it was not inferior to the PS3 version. Of course as a network game it used to use Games for Windows. That and the fact that PS3 era Sony didn't charge you for online play, made the PS3 a better alternative for online. However, the game has been fixed since then. It now plays on steam and the dx fix is officially supported.

If a game is broken on PC and never gets fixed then I will probably select to play the console version.

I didn't know anything about Dragon's Dogma missing content on PC. Can you elaborate please? I'd like to know what I'm missing out if I play on PC.

Regarding PS4 Pro, from the premise of this topic I think it shows that I play mostly first party games on PS4. Yes, there are a couple of games that run a bit worse on the pro but Sony on their part have done a good job on their own titles. Horizon was amazing on the Pro and Infamous, although it didn't hit 60 fps, was well above 30 in unlocked performance mode, lending to a smoother experience. I know a lot of people prefer a locked framerate but for me it depends. If the game doesn't have large fps drops, I prefer a couple of extra fps. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 was the same.

Even without a performance boost, I do have a 4k TV so I enjoy the boost in fidelity that the Pro offers. What's a real shame and I think a big win for the Xbox One X, is that PS4 Pro doesn't supersample on 1080p by default. The developers have to enable it and many don't. It doesn't affect me but it's a deterrent for people with 1080p TVs from getting the Pro.

About 60 fps, I don't claim that everything has to be 60. Games work great at 30 locked when they are optimized for it. If there are no frame pacing issues and developers use techniques like motion blur, a game can feel smooth enough even at 30 fps. I wouldn't complain, for example, about performance in Horizon. Still, if I can, I'd rather have 60, or close to that, rather than 30. When going from Dark Souls 1 to 2, the framerate difference was a huge deal for me. To this day I prefer Dark Souls 2 to 1 and I think that's partly cause I played the first one at 30 fps. Bloodborne is an amazing game but I think if it was 60 fps it would greatly improve the experience. (Holding 30 fps with no drops would help too, too bad there never was a PS4 Pro to help).

I play many different games and although I'm a PC gamer for over 20 years, I can't deny some amazing games that have been released for consoles. I play western RPGs but I also like JPRGs and it used to be you needed a console for those. Nowadays more and more of them make their way to the PC but Persona 5 hasn't (yet anyway). Bloodborne never will. I hate to miss out on great games just because they haven't come out for my platform of choice.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@pug987: youve PLAYED and BEATEN that many games? Jeez you might wana stop playing and go outside.

I'm serious, no more games till 2018 and then get the exclusives.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@pug987:

Just because it's also on pc doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy it on ps4. A good amount of games that get ported to pc end up being crappier than the console version thanks to lazy developers.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: what's a good amount? hard to remember ones after mortal kombat and batman

beckonMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beckonMe
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

bro mostly like 95% you find the releasing dates alike for pc ps4 and xbox one so you know......................................

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

Fighters tend to be better on consoles while I think shooters are better for PC. Kingdom Hearts 3, Spiderman, Digimon Hackers Memory, and FF7 remake are a just some to name on the PS4 coming out for 2018.

Also, if you buy on PC realize most games you are renting and not actually buying. More AAA games are using denovo. So if you like owning your games, consoles are the way to go.

kenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kenzo
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

exclusives!

sony will be releasing exclusives next year best year for sony games