What is the big deal with MW2 multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

triptiger94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 triptiger94
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts

Alright the game could have been amazing but here are my complaints...1: the spawn system is one of the worst i have ever seen 2: the guns are broken the mg4 and m249 silenced still show up on the radar, now i am just giving those as examples but there are many more.My main complaint here is that they should have had a beta for the multiplayer i dont think anyone could argue that 3. overpowered killstreaks: i have joined many a match only to spawn into getting shot by a chopper gunner... The counter to this is that you could pull out a stinger but u cant wen u spawn into a game wer u are getting killed 4: wow wat is the thinking behind the perks? 1 man army danger close noob tubes? who was the genious that came up witth that, that is just an example there are many more complaints in the perk department.... i just want this to be a friendly debate and to have your coments on my opinons... I guess i will just stick to BFBC 2

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Alright the game could have been amazing but here are my complaints...1: the spawn system is one of the worst i have ever seen 2: the guns are broken the mg4 and m249 silenced still show up on the radar, now i am just giving those as examples but there are many more.My main complaint here is that they should have had a beta for the multiplayer i dont think anyone could argue that 3. overpowered killstreaks: i have joined many a match only to spawn into getting shot by a chopper gunner... The counter to this is that you could pull out a stinger but u cant wen u spawn into a game wer u are getting killed 4: wow wat is the thinking behind the perks? 1 man army danger close noob tubes? who was the genious that came up witth that, that is just an example there are many more complaints in the perk department.... i just want this to be a friendly debate and to have your coments on my opinons... I guess i will just stick to BFBC 2

triptiger94

i agree with you completely, this is why i play Uncharted 2 online instead (if i had money, i would buy BFBC2, cause i loved the beta)

Avatar image for SalvationGift31
SalvationGift31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SalvationGift31
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
Meh. Seems a lot of people around the internet hate MW2. I love it. =) Sure it isn't perfect, but it's still loads of fun.
CheerGirlGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CheerGirlGamer
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts

Yeah I like Uncharted 2's online play 10xs better than Modern Warfare's online play.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

I really enjoy MW2 multiplayer. Yeah theres a bunch of stuff that makes me angry but none of them are game breakers (at least not for me). Its so fast paced that a get a few kills and i forget about what just happened a few minutes earlier.

I tried to like BFBC2 but it was way too slow for me. I would play it casually but i don't think i would ever invest as much time as i have in MW and MW2.

I don't think Uncharted ever needed multiplayer.

Bl3ss_The_F4ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bl3ss_The_F4ll
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts
Meh. Seems a lot of people around the internet hate MW2. I love it. =) Sure it isn't perfect, but it's still loads of fun.SalvationGift31
Couldn't agree more and how are the killstreaks over powered? Uhh, it's called take out your stinger, aim, lock, and shoot. simple as that. If you're getting owned in a match you've just joined, BACK OUT. I'm amazed at how many people complain about the game and yet still play it.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

MW2 is fun too me. Good ole mindless fun.

jrm180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jrm180
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

I believe the level of competition on MW2 is so much higher compared to the other CoD's for some reason. One day I felt going retro. I played one match on CoD4 and went 18-1. On MW2 I'm barely squeaking 1.20 KDR. Which is decent, but I'm shooting for 1.40. Got a ways to go yet. On a different note, I do believe the spawn system is a little messed up, but what shooter game doesn't?

Anyway, I haven't played much of this lately anymore as I am hooked on Fallout 3 now. But I'm sure my craving for shooting super mutant masters' heads off will go away soon, in which case I will jump back on MW2.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Another one of these threads? Come on! You suck at the game, we get it. :lol:

If you can't maintain a 2.5 K/D ratio in MW2 you're in for a world of hurt.

drkessence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drkessence
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

Why is it that half of the stuff that people complain about when it comes to MW2 is stuff that they can fix themselves. Like someone else said, if you're put into a horribly losing game or keep getting spawn killed, then back out. Stop rage spawning and then complaining when you end the game with 20 deaths and a single digit kill count. EVERY game has b*tch weapons so I don't see why people complain about the noob tube. Yeah, its annoying when someone is getting cheap kills with it, but if you don't like it then leave the game. Complaining about One Man Army is pointless. I maybe see ONE person each gaming session who has that perk equipped.

I have to agree with that other guy. MW2 seems to be more challenging than MW1. I had a high 3.something ratio in MW1 but my MW2 ratio is always hovering around 2.5.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Make a blog. The millions of people that like the game and play it every day don't care that you don't like it :roll:

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Another one of these threads? Come on! You suck at the game, we get it. :lol:

If you can't maintain a 2.5 K/D ratio in MW2 you're in for a world of hurt.

volume_three

lol :P

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
you'll love the game once you start getting good at it, lol
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

It's a pretty awewsome game. The thing I don't like about it is the spawn system and COD4 maps are better than some of MW2's. Hopefully the upcoming DLC would bring some awesome maps and add more missions in spec ops.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

How exactly is the spawn system bad? I can think of a few that actually are bad, like Rainbow Six Vegas where you spawn in your own base... only later to be spawn camped there, and just the other night i was on CoD Classic... and the amount of times myself, other player and the other team spawn right next to an enemy was ridiculous.

ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts
Well, MW2 is a good game but I played it enough, I think. Neither I hate it nor I love it but I got bored with the online shooters. If, in the future, I buy another online shooter, it will be BF:BC2, which looks much better than MW2.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

I may not agree with all the bashing this title receives but I'm far from being a fanboy. I've only racked up 2 days of online play and for me, it's starting to wear off. I'm really looking forward to BFBC2 so I have something to alternate between.