What is the best RPG on the PSN store?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
I have never played chrono trigger, theres ALOT of classic rpgs on the psn store. Im wondering what is the best and why, persona? honestly the last final fantasy i played was FF10 but I did enjoy the classic FF games as well as the new fallout games. The new fallout games were probably the last rpgs that i actually finished.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

For PSOne Classics I would choose Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, or FFIX (which is my favorite Final Fantasy game), or maybe Suikoden, if you haven't played them. If you like strategy RPGS, you can't go wrong with Final Fantasy Tactics. There is also Grandia or Legend of Dragoon. I'm not being very helpful now, as I keep thinking of more PSOne RPGs that I love. But in my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the games I've just listed.

For PS2 Classics, Persona 3 FES is great.

I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 needweed

For PSOne Classics I would choose Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, or FFIX (which is my favorite Final Fantasy game), or maybe Suikoden, if you haven't played them. If you like strategy RPGS, you can't go wrong with Final Fantasy Tactics. There is also Grandia or Legend of Dragoon. I'm not being very helpful now, as I keep thinking of more PSOne RPGs that I love. But in my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the games I've just listed.

I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!

IdioticIcarus
which one of them has a more futuristic setting? im not really into the whole medevil setting
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

If you haven't played "ChronoTrigger", that would be my suggestion. It's gaming history. A Must-Play for RPG fans.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 needweed

If you haven't played "ChronoTrigger", that would be my suggestion. It's gaming history. A Must-Play for RPG fans.

MonkeySpot
should i buy it for ps3 or iphone?
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

[QUOTE="IdioticIcarus"]

I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!

needweed

which one of them has a more futuristic setting? im not really into the whole medevil setting

You want Persona 3. It's got a modern setting to it (all the games in the series do).

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts
Why haven't I discovered these amazing games of PSN???!!
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 needweed
Why haven't I discovered these amazing games of PSN???!!_Judas_
you just dont know how to search for them
Shinobi7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shinobi7777
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

[QUOTE="IdioticIcarus"]

I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!

needweed

Xenogears is set in the future. I would also really advice to try Chrono Cross, one of the best games of all-time and IMO as good as Chrono Trigger but with better graphics.

Both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross cause if you didn't know both games involve time travelling(so you get to play in the future at some point).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Chrono Trigger and Persona 3 FES for sure.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I'd definitely say Persona 3.
schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

If you like the Fallout games, give Borderlands a try. It's a fun RPG, you can download it from PSN. Of course finding the Game of the Year Edition would be better as it comes with the DLC.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts
Final Fantasy VII
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#14 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="IdioticIcarus"]

I CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!

needweed

You travel back and forth through time in Chrono Trigger. So it does has futuristic parts, medievil parts, and prehistoric parts. It's a awesome game.

I really liked Breath of Fire 4. Many hours to be played, and a good combat system.

Alundra is a really good ps1 classic too. It's played just like Link to the Past, but has a darker plot, harder puzzles, and a longer game. One of my favorites.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
FF9, Suikoden, Grandia, Legend of Dragoon, Arc the Lad Collection ...best I can do without having a comprehensive list in front of me