What is a must for PS4? In your opinion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

My must would be better online services (PSN). When I say that I mean auto updates, auto downloads etc. I hate when I'm ready to play online and surprise! a mandatory 2 hour update is required.

I also think it would be cool if they had an upcoming section online, like for example...Coming May 14th...Demo for MGS: Ground Zeroes...just click on it and it will auto download as soon as it's available. Then next time you fire up the PS4...voila! new demo ready to play!

And last but not least...I hope it's easy to develop for...I don't want sloppy seconds next gen...

What are all of your opinions???

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

All games available for DD day one

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

- Full BC with PS3. Will be nearing 60+ games, hopefully, by the time it comes out. I would enjoy the opportunity to rid myself of a console that would just be taking up space. I don't have a whole lot of room to store/house every console.

- DS3 able to sync with PS4, in case they change the controller.

- 60fps.

- Reasonable price.

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

A digital download system similar to steam on the PC. If developers really wanted to kill the used game market this would be the way to do it.

Cross-party chat

DS3 functional. I know they have that new controller, but I don't want to end up buying 4 new controllers. Have the one as the main controller and then the DS3's can be used when guests are over.

Great Games. Polyphony, Naughty Dog, Suckerpunch, Media Molecule, Santa Monica, etc... This is too be expected.

Edit: I should rephrase the DD system, I like used games, but I also like Steam because there are great sales on steam where the developer gets the money. So if they get a system like Steam that will help ward off used game buyers because of how the system works. It would force the user to pay a little bit more for the hard copy as compared to the digital copy. Which I'm fine with that. I don't want used disks to be a thing of the past. I'm just hoping they provide an excellent alternative if you get what I'm saying.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
It must allow used game play. BC would be nice, but is not a deal breaker.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

For me the new controller. Dualshock 3 I never found comfortable, luckily it looks like Sony has addressed this.

Oh, and games. Lots of games. 

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

It's got to have in-the-box chat headsets and crossgame/partychat like the 360 did. Those are 2 little features(I'm aware that party chat came later) that made a huge huge impact in making the 360 the online console of choice. By the time the PS3 launched, gamers everywhere were already entrenched in xbox live and enjoying hanging out with friends while playing their games. Convincing the gamers who are indoctrinated to Live to leave that service is THE battle that Sony faces. If they could somehow create a more vigorous online community Sony would return to greatness. Plus is great, their first party titles are great; It is only their online service that is lacking, If they could somehow make it more robust and still keep it free then they'll be back on top . . .

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts
  • Dualshock 4 (I've been using the Dualshock since PS1 If it ain't broke don't fix it.)
  • Used Games (This one is make or break for me since at least 40-50% of the games I own are used.)
  • Free PSN (I Refuse to pay for online services I already have an internet bill I don't need two.)
  • Better PSN (Console Powers up updates and then powers down & Download list organization.)
  • PS3 Trophies Carry Over (This one is optional not make or break but it would be nice to have.)
getsmizacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 getsmizacked
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

My must would be better online services (PSN). When I say that I mean auto updates, auto downloads etc. I hate when I'm ready to play online and surprise! a mandatory 2 hour update is required.

I also think it would be cool if they had an upcoming section online, like for example...Coming May 14th...Demo for MGS: Ground Zeroes...just click on it and it will auto download as soon as it's available. Then next time you fire up the PS4...voila! new demo ready to play!

And last but not least...I hope it's easy to develop for...I don't want sloppy seconds next gen...

What are all of your opinions???

kljohns2

I think you're a must for my PS4. Add me when you get one <3.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
More than anything I want a reliable console, that means no red ringing/yellow lighting or dying a few years after I buy it, inconveniently after the warranty expires. My Sega Genesis, N64 and PSone are still working perfectly fine, so for a console created with today's modern technology to fail is inexcusable.
yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts
I just hope that Sony sticks to the traditional controller style and doesn't try to go down the whole 'interactive' path like Nintendo have - BC and a slim design would also be great...
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It simply needs to kick ass straight away- a strong lineup for year 1, no missing online features, reliable launch models and so on. It's vital it doesn't take 18 months to get good like the PS3 did. With simpler architecture and a vastly less stupid Sony at the helm I'm confident it will start strong.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Sony must price it right. They must make it appeal to the core market and the mass market. They must release before or at the same time as MS releases 3rd xbox. They need to keep a free online gameplay version. They msut make things download faster. And they must make the User Interface better. 

mctelinde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mctelinde
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

- Full BC with PS3. Will be nearing 60+ games, hopefully, by the time it comes out. I would enjoy the opportunity to rid myself of a console that would just be taking up space. I don't have a whole lot of room to store/house every console.

- DS3 able to sync with PS4, in case they change the controller.

- 60fps.

- Reasonable price.

Namgis

The backwards compatibility, unfortuantely, is a pipe dream for the next PlayStation. The new architecture rumored for the console will be of x86-64 nature and will require costly hardware to do proper emulation of the Cell processor that is currently used in the PS3. Let's hope streaming will provide a solution for previously owned PS3 discs so we don't have to purchase the games we already own again.

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NodakJo2010

Another thing I would love to have is to be able to change my screen name!...

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

1) games : that means a strong lineup of exclusives, thus partnership with studios with MANDATORY separate development for the PS4, excluding poor ports like Bayonetta

2) keep lots of things free for the PSN usage, with options much cheaper than they are now ; I'm bored of seeing useless things sold for lots of $ : 1$ for a costume, 2$ for a new character (just a different costume with already existing moves), 3 $ for a race track, 5$ for a golf course ... by doing that the market will have to follow

3) nice presentation of the console, the "old" PS3 was nice, the Slim is ugly

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NodakJo2010

1) games : that means a strong lineup of exclusives, thus partnership with studios with MANDATORY separate development for the PS4, excluding poor ports like Bayonetta

2) keep lots of things free for the PSN usage, with options much cheaper than they are now ; I'm bored of seeing useless things sold for lots of $ : 1$ for a costume, 2$ for a new character (just a different costume with already existing moves), 3 $ for a race track, 5$ for a golf course ... by doing that the market will have to follow

3) nice presentation of the console, the "old" PS3 was nice, the Slim is ugly

TheTenth10

Your second point is a little flawed...but on the right line. I don't like developers that make easy new skins and maps and charge an arm and a leg for, but some, like polyphony, put a lot of effort and money into making new content. I wouldn't pay 15$ for a map pack, or 1$ for a costume change, but 5$ for a new track that polyphony puts out well worth it. 

But I get your point, most of the devolpers don't put a lot of effort into some of these DLCs and expect us to buy them.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kljohns2

Yeah unfortunately microtransactions are here to stay...

We definitely need games, especially exclusive AAA games. And a quality made console is also a must.

With the recent stream of news surrounding the PS4, cost around $400, weird touchscreen DualShock, PS3 streaming I just hope it's worth the cost of admission.

4-Legged-Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 4-Legged-Shark
Member since 2010 • 1031 Posts

I would like the unveiling of the PS4 to actually surprise me in some way. I would like them to show something that I wouldn't have thought of. 

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

better games. overall i was kinda dissapointed with this gen with the rise of the FPS shooters. i hope next gen we will see more variety.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kljohns2

I would like the unveiling of the PS4 to actually surprise me in some way. I would like them to show something that I wouldn't have thought of.

4-Legged-Shark

Absolutely!!! I want something original and refreshing! Like a new version of PS+ that gives you unlimited streaming of all PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. THAT would make this system a must have! I would pay $30/month for that...

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

[QUOTE="4-Legged-Shark"]

kljohns2

Absolutely!!! I want something original and refreshing! Like a new version of PS+ that gives you unlimited streaming of all PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. THAT would make this system a must have! I would pay $30/month for that...

don't give them ideas...
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

reasonable price like some people have already stated

same features/hardware as ps3

free online

faster processor

a more intuitive and quicker menu screen

backwards compatibility or a way to play ps3 games on it without having to pay

and of course lots of unique and promising games 

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

1080p, 60fps, 4x anti-aliasing.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
ingame voice chat, web browsing, multiple PSN ids logged in at the same time, multiple head sets, etc. If they do that maybe the whiners would shut up for at least a week
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

same features/hardware as ps3

munkeypoo45

You don't want it to have the same hardware of the PS3...mainly the Cell which is dead now. Also 512 MB of memory is puny. It needs to take a HUGE step forward. 2 days...

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

That Sony knows what it is doing with that new controller. I really hope that Sony will keep the Dualshock design. Just in case the "new ways to play" bomb. Remember Sixaxis to control "Lair"

The playstation 4 hopefully will not "pull to much of a Nintendo" It is not like the Wii u has set the gaming world on fire.