What FPS should a guy like me get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

masterflame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 masterflame10
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts

I have enjoyed playing games such as Counter-Strike 1.6, and ... pretty much all decent PC shooters that are entertaining to play.

I know people are gonna say Killzone 2; I have already pre-ordered the game, hearing all the hype, but I don't think it will be a game for me.

For instance, if I could choose one game that I could get one my PS3, I would choose Halo 3. I just love a good multiplayer with lots of weapons, vehicles and replay value (hence why I loved Warhawk).

I also have a special place in my heart for the Timesplitter series. IMO the best Arcade mode (Offline Mode Multiplayer) ever for an FPS game. Shame we might not see the fourth.

Even though I hate playing "dark" FPS games (both in colour and atmosphere), I will be willing to give KZ2 a chance if it delivers all the hype.

So, will Killzone 2 deliver a good multiplayer, online AND offline? And also, does it have good replay value?

AtomVamp308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AtomVamp308
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts
Hit up that Resistance bro.
gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
well then keep ur 360 if u still have it, cuz another game like halo3 (ONLINE) its hard to find, i love my ps3 but for fps halo3 ftw...
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts
u should try resistance 2 or cod4.
sasapac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sasapac
Member since 2008 • 1056 Posts
resistance 2 (the best shooter)
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Please read this for game recommendations.I honestly can't tell you what shooter YOU would like.You are just going to have to tried them yourself.But as others have said Resistance is good and Halo is good on the 360.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Why are you asking us a question that only experience can answer?

No one here has played the full game so no one knows.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

idk...? tey R2.

...and you should've have ordered something you think that you wouldn't like... we couldn't give some advice either coz the game hasn't been released yet.

Berserkerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Berserkerz
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts
Killzone I'm pretty sure will be like Counterstrike.

Killzone really isn't black and dark,
People only THINK it's grey grey and grey only because they have only showed the first levels.
They promised that later levels will have contrasting colours in the environment.

But if you really want online play, Resistance2 is massive,
Plays like Halo actually, if you like those things,

You can wait for M.A.G. LOL.
256 Players.

Or you can just stick with Metal Gear Online,
though not an FPS, and it IS not for everybody,
I still kinda like it.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Killzone2=Counter strike of 09????
masterflame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 masterflame10
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts

Yeah Resistance 2 looks a lot of fun, but I know their community will slowly die when KZ2 comes out, so...

I don't really like horror FPS games, or games that are too gory (unless it is necessary). I also don't like games that make you play through the entire game (or a large chunk of it) without any teammates. Simple run-and-shoot games are a no go, either.

asuredwolf53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 asuredwolf53
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts
i know alot of ppl are gonna hate me for saying this but you should consider socom. i played cs for a LONG time then i got a ps3 recently and have socom and to me it feels similar just the fact its in 3rd person and takes a lot more skill
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts
[QUOTE="masterflame10"]

Yeah Resistance 2 looks a lot of fun, but I know their community will slowly die when KZ2 comes out, so...

I don't really like horror FPS games, or games that are too gory (unless it is necessary). I also don't like games that make you play through the entire game (or a large chunk of it) without any teammates. Simple run-and-shoot games are a no go, either.

I smell a troll....anyways, it's kind of a waste of time preoredering something you don't think will be for you. As a suggestion, get Resistance 2, even when KZ2 hits I still think R2 online will be alive
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
I've tried Halo 3 (A friend's house okay) and I have to admit, it is fun. The forge mode isn't really something to get into but I've seen some pretty good maps out there. The gameplay online, I didn't play that long but I wasn't too bad at it and it does get Chaotic at times, but it is otherwise enjoyable. For messing around, Halo 3 allows you to do that as well but the gameplay seems very cheap at first but you adept to it. Resistance 2, I just got my PS3 recently and I had R2 as my first choice, still yet to try it out.
asuredwolf53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 asuredwolf53
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts
if that re2 doesnt work out for u there is always cod4 or codw@w... battlefield bad company is decent. and you could always wait for killzone 2 i guess