What do you think of Socom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

I had Daxter and GTA: VCS and they both made my really like my PSP because they were simple and just plain fun. Then I got Socom, and it kinda ruined it for me with the overly complicated controls and overall frustrating gameplay. Sure it has it moments and I have gotten used to the controls, but I still find it hard to do the things I want because I can't look around freely and move.

Does anyone else kinda feel like it's frustrating like this? Any tips? I also play online... I get owned, not fun...

Cramer8775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cramer8775
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts
Which SOCOM? I have SOCOM 2 and love it, however I just got TS but I'm just getting into it, but I like it so far, havn't gone online yet though. So yeah, which SOCOM game are you talking about.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 theweakbear
SOCOM 2..
Cramer8775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Cramer8775
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts

The controls arn't complex at all. The only things you need to know are:

X - shoot, analoug- move, r - lock, l- strafe, square- reload, arrow forward- zoom (scopes)

thats it, so it really isn't that bad, but about the online, I either do really well or really bad, its a bit of luck, like, who fires first, and if your bullets hit or not. Dont' be discouraged though, keep playing, you actually do get better, even without the luck thing.

cudzooking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 cudzooking
Member since 2007 • 556 Posts
I found it to be a really easy game. True, it'll take a minute Memorize special things, but it's not that complicated. Maybe it's because I played to demo a hundred times over before the game came out.
206boogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 206boogey
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

socom 2 is an easy game idunno what your talking about

on the online side there are some glitchers and there are a lot of hackers but those hackers barely cheat when playing a game...i think thats very misunderstood..

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theweakbear

Yeah but the thing that really gets me angry is the free look thing and the lock on!! The free look is right on the D-pad, why couldn't they just make free look and lock on to the R button! They did it for Metroid Prime. You hold it down to look around, and if there is an enemy you let go and press it again quickly and your done. I would have liked that A LOT better. I hope you can change that or something... probably not.

I find the lock on sometimes wont work, and it's really hard to play stealth when you have to go through a door and there are enemies everywhere...