What do you think GameSpot will give GT5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 IceBlazerX
Member since 2010 • 3286 Posts

I'm praying that it'll be a 9.5 or 10, but knowing them, it'll be lower than every single crtic out there....but it's a PERFECT game. More thanh worth the wait.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
lets see with GS track record, hmmm probably somewhere between 8 or 9. im telling u they going to make the load times their reason why it scores low. i mean yea there are some load issues here and there where it takes a bit longer than normal games but im sure the game is huge enough, specially with the 6gig install it needs to load properly lol
Darks0ldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Darks0ldier
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts

honestly, i would expect an 8.5. i would probably give it the same score

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
I can't see it being much different from IGNs review. So I'd expect an 8.5 or a 9. I doubt it'll get as high as a 9.5 or as low as an 8.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
I am predicting and 8.5/10
joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 joshrocks2245
Member since 2003 • 11248 Posts

8.5. I think it's funny how people think 8.5 is a bad score for it, like on IGN they think it's a bad game because it gets a 8.5. Black Ops got a 8.5 on IGN and no one thinks thats a bad game.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
8, the game is an absolute mess without the 8GB install.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

7.5 - 8.0

When I was watching their last video of some GS editors playing GT5 for 1 hour they didn't seem like they were enjoying it that much...

IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IceBlazerX
8, the game is an absolute mess without the 8GB install.Fightingfan
Do you ever have anything good to say?
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frostybanana

8.5. I think it's funny how people think 8.5 is a bad score for it, like on IGN they think it's a bad game because it gets a 8.5. Black Ops got a 8.5 on IGN and no one thinks thats a bad game.

joshrocks2245
Black Ops was in development for maybe a year at best. GT5 has been in development since before the PS3 was even released. A game that's been in development for this long that went through countless revisions, delays and release date push backs had better be absolutely PERFECT. Otherwise there really is no excuse for such a prolonged wait after they officially announced the title. I haven't played the game so I'll reserve judgment until then, but it looks like it's not getting the praise a project like this would be expected to get. With a 60 million dollar budget, I was expecting more. So it's definitely a little disheartening to hear the early reception the game is getting.
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IceBlazerX
[QUOTE="IceBlazerX"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]8, the game is an absolute mess without the 8GB install.Fightingfan
Do you ever have anything good to say?

Yup, I can finally drive an Audi

And there was that comment about inFamous sucking and Uncharted 2 being a 11/10 game. Please stop with these comments.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="IceBlazerX"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="IceBlazerX"] Do you ever have anything good to say?

Yup, I can finally drive an Audi

And there was that comment about inFamous sucking and Uncharted 2 being a 11/10 game. Please stop with these comments.

It's an opinion I'd give you constructive criticism I just don't feel like it. I'm sure there some series you dislike, I play all the games I bash I don't just blatantly say "LOL dis suckz".
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
No way GT5 score less than a 9.5 here. The game is absolute perfection except for load times.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Well knowing gamespot, they always follow the same route as IGN..

There score is either the same as IGNs, or .5 higher. So i believe it can get at least a 9.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

There score is either the same as IGNs, or .5 higher. So i believe it can get at least a 9.

BattleSpectre
No, because IGN gave TUMBLE for PS MOVE 3 out of 10, and Gamespot gave it 8. IGN gave Assassins Creed 1 a 7.5 and Gamespot gave it a 9. Also BLACK OPS( I HATE THIS GAME !!!!!!) got .5 more here than IGNorant
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

Bow-T_88

No, because IGN gave TUMBLE for PS MOVE 3 out of 10, and Gamespot gave it 8. IGN gave Assassins Creed 1 a 7.5 and Gamespot gave it a 9. Also BLACK OPS( I HATE THIS GAME !!!!!!) got .5 more here than IGNorant

Thank god than :D I'm also praying for this game to get a 9.5 or a perfect 10.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frostybanana

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"][QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

BattleSpectre

Why does it matter what GameSpot thinks if you think the game is a 10?
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bow-T_88
[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"] No, because IGN gave TUMBLE for PS MOVE 3 out of 10, and Gamespot gave it 8. IGN gave Assassins Creed 1 a 7.5 and Gamespot gave it a 9. Also BLACK OPS( I HATE THIS GAME !!!!!!) got .5 more here than IGNorantfrostybanana

HEY I understand why the guy wants it to get high. The reality is that some people let the rating of a game influence their tendency to draw away or nearer to the game, especially when its a huge franchise you wouldnt want to see come out badly. If GT5 gets 10 on gamespot, I'll buy it. If it gets 8, i'm not getting it lol. I was hoping MOH would have gotten a 9 here , but since it didnt just like IGNorant, well I still havent bought it and wont.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="BattleSpectre"] Thank god than :D I'm also praying for this game to get a 9.5 or a perfect 10.

Bow-T_88

HEY I understand why the guy wants it to get high. The reality is that some people let the rating of a game influence their tendency to draw away or nearer to the game, especially when its a huge franchise you wouldnt want to see come out badly. If GT5 gets 10 on gamespot, I'll buy it. If it gets 8, i'm not getting it lol. I was hoping MOH would have gotten a 9 here , but since it didnt just like IGNorant, well I still havent bought it and wont.

Yeah pretty much this. Reviews can shape your opinion about the game or if you will enjoy it or not.

I'll still be getting it, but i want it to get a high score at least. A game like this deserves it.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bow-T_88

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] Why does it matter what GameSpot thinks if you think the game is a 10? BattleSpectre

Yeah pretty much this. Reviews can shape your opinion about the game or if you will enjoy it or not.

I'll still be getting it, but i want it to get a high score at least. A game like this deserves it.

And not only this, but I know personally where I live I dont have access to any video game rental stores, if they did , people would probably jack the games and it'll go to black ops, i mean shambles. So you either BUY IT or NOT,and I only want the BEST, and the best is nothing under 9
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IceBlazerX
No way GT5 score less than a 9.5 here. The game is absolute perfection except for load times.djsifer01
They'd better...
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts
Solid 9.0 or 9.5 .............. very few issues and overall an amazing package.
ClevBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ClevBeast
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts

If they sort out the load times & online teething problems of last night then i'd give it a 8.5 too.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#25 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
8.5 sounds fair given the content that's in the game and how it's presented.
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

at best they will give it an 8.5

SteJo6sic6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SteJo6sic6
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

personally I don't care what GS gives GT5 I'm still getting the game. IGN though has a habbit of giving some games I've really enjoyed lower scores than most sites, Medal of Honor being the last one.

soyt_llusala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soyt_llusala
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

I think somewhere in between 8.5 to 9.5 :D

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#29 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

A 'PERFECT' game in your opinion, Gamespot will likely rate it a 9/10 , I'll be surprised if it gets anyhigher or lower than that.

ElvesOnEcstacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ElvesOnEcstacy
Member since 2009 • 574 Posts

Either 8.0 to 9.0
With the video I saw of the Gamespot editors playing the game, it doesn't look like they were overly impressed.

gstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 gstealer
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

Like I said before on another topic....:

We all know Gamespot's review of GT5 will completely bash the game because of the minor flaws it has, and hell will they punch the game in the face with arguements such as: "Not all cars have inside camera gameplay", "not all cars have damage", "not all tracks have weather/time change effects" and "20% of the cars are premium and the rest is a copy-cat of GT4".I mean c'mon..Do you really expect a Blu-Ray disc to hold that much content? Plus, to make ONE photograph real looking car took them 3 months... Think about it when doing the review Gamespot.

I'd like to see anyone do better than PD when it comes down to creating console simulators. And yes, GT 5 IS better than Forza 3, but aren't we all sure that Gamespot will choose a reviewer that hates the game, or a 360 fanboy, to review the game?

My bet on GT5's final score is 7.0-8.5
MAX they will give is a 9 which I doubt, but don't we all know GT was and always will be a 10.0 no matter what anybody says?

Seriously, if you want real opinions read European Reviews/European Player Reviews, not 'cause the PS3 has more love than the 360 there, but because they're not bribed by effing Microsoft, therefore, they actually play the game before trash talking (looking at you IGN.).
I mean, how long have they played GT5? 3 hours and then review? IGN is pure trash today.. and Gamespot is headed the same way..

Thing about GT(the series) is that it's a very closed up game, if you're not a fan, you'll hate it, if you're a fan you'll like it and some will love it with sense (other than loving the game just because yes, a.k.a, no sense). And GT 5 is their most closed up games, they designed it for fans and fans only.

.. It has been said that GT 5 IS better than Forza 3(by almost...hum..everybody.), yet I don't doubt Gamespot will milk every single MINOR flaw the game has and make it look HUGE so they can lower the game's final score. If the game is better than Forza 3, it should get 9.5 +, but we all know that's not happening... But it's happening from me.

But I still have a little bit of hope that Gamespot will bring up a honest review of the game, why? They haven't released their final word on the game yet, unlike IGN.. They're actually analzying the game, playing the game to the core, checking online content, GT Mode, Arcade Mode, B-Spec and everything else, so I still have a little bit of hope that Gamespot will review the game very well, but who knows... it's Gamespot we're talking about.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

I don't care, i'm racing in my most wanted game... give it a 5.0 if theyw ant but still won't take away the fun i'm having! On a more sensible note i would like to see it get s 9.5 or even a 9.0. Even though the cars were from GT4 that doesn't mean they are PS2 quality, they used the same models, but the models wer then altered and adapted for PS2 losing a lot of quality...

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Probably an 8.5, but an 8 would be okay with me too. It's a very good game, but considering the huge amount of time and money spent on it, it falls far short of expectations.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
there is no way this game gets higher then a 9.0. it probably deserves an 8.0 but since ign gave it 8.5 i think gs will do the same
pharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pharus
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The game is far from perfect. Maybe 7/10.

Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts

don't care really...reviews are like opinions..

id say it deserves to be atleast over a 9; 9,5... id consider them crazy if its in the 80's score section or even lower..

Skywitit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Skywitit23
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

8.0 here..

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#38 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Like I said before on another topic....:

We all know Gamespot's review of GT5 will completely bash the game because of the minor flaws it has, and hell will they punch the game in the face with arguements such as: "Not all cars have inside camera gameplay", "not all cars have damage", "not all tracks have weather/time change effects" and "20% of the cars are premium and the rest is a copy-cat of GT4".I mean c'mon..Do you really expect a Blu-Ray disc to hold that much content? Plus, to make ONE photograph real looking car took them 3 months... Think about it when doing the review Gamespot.

I'd like to see anyone do better than PD when it comes down to creating console simulators. And yes, GT 5 IS better than Forza 3, but aren't we all sure that Gamespot will choose a reviewer that hates the game, or a 360 fanboy, to review the game?

My bet on GT5's final score is 7.0-8.5
MAX they will give is a 9 which I doubt, but don't we all know GT was and always will be a 10.0 no matter what anybody says?

Seriously, if you want real opinions read European Reviews/European Player Reviews, not 'cause the PS3 has more love than the 360 there, but because they're not bribed by effing Microsoft, therefore, they actually play the game before trash talking (looking at you IGN.).
I mean, how long have they played GT5? 3 hours and then review? IGN is pure trash today.. and Gamespot is headed the same way..

Thing about GT(the series) is that it's a very closed up game, if you're not a fan, you'll hate it, if you're a fan you'll like it and some will love it with sense (other than loving the game just because yes, a.k.a, no sense). And GT 5 is their most closed up games, they designed it for fans and fans only.

.. It has been said that GT 5 IS better than Forza 3(by almost...hum..everybody.), yet I don't doubt Gamespot will milk every single MINOR flaw the game has and make it look HUGE so they can lower the game's final score. If the game is better than Forza 3, it should get 9.5 +, but we all know that's not happening... But it's happening from me.

But I still have a little bit of hope that Gamespot will bring up a honest review of the game, why? They haven't released their final word on the game yet, unlike IGN.. They're actually analzying the game, playing the game to the core, checking online content, GT Mode, Arcade Mode, B-Spec and everything else, so I still have a little bit of hope that Gamespot will review the game very well, but who knows... it's Gamespot we're talking about.

gstealer

Calvert's doing the review.

I've raced with him a fair bit online and know he loves racing games. Granted, much of that time has been with the Forza series, but really that's all that's been available on consoles in the last five years. He did enjoy GT5P for what it was, too.

I wish I had my copy already, but I still doubt it'll be better than Forza 3. I'd imagine it'll be quite similar in quality once everything's compared, but both games do completely different things well. Forza 3 has more consistent graphics, for example, and more in-depth upgrade/tuning/painting options for customizing cars. GT5 has the potential for better graphics (depending on the car/track combo), more cars, and a slightly better handling model, judging by the various posts I've read.

And man, picking out the facts can be tricky, because both GT fans and GT detractors love to talk.

4dfuse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 4dfuse123
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts
probably a 8.5
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IceBlazerX

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] Why does it matter what GameSpot thinks if you think the game is a 10? BattleSpectre

It does indeed. It's near perfect. It seems though that only games like GTA can get a perfect score.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"] HEY I understand why the guy wants it to get high. The reality is that some people let the rating of a game influence their tendency to draw away or nearer to the game, especially when its a huge franchise you wouldnt want to see come out badly. If GT5 gets 10 on gamespot, I'll buy it. If it gets 8, i'm not getting it lol. I was hoping MOH would have gotten a 9 here , but since it didnt just like IGNorant, well I still havent bought it and wont. IceBlazerX

It does indeed. It's near perfect. It seems though that only games like GTA can get a perfect score.

So true bro. There is no way in hell that GTA IV deserved a perfect 10, not to me anyways.

It was fun at most BUT nowhere near perfect... But you know gamespot :roll:

IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IceBlazerX

[QUOTE="IceBlazerX"][QUOTE="BattleSpectre"] Yeah pretty much this. Reviews can shape your opinion about the game or if you will enjoy it or not.

BattleSpectre

So true bro. There is no way in hell that GTA IV deserved a perfect 10, not to me anyways.

It was fun at most BUT nowhere near perfect... But you know gamespot :roll:

I do indeed. :roll: I'm not saying they have the worst rating system....they don't...there are far worse, but they're up there for sure.....I prefer other critics than them.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

The more i play the game, the more i like it. But it is not perfect. Just some things are a little old school in the game design and graphics. I expect a solid 8.5, but i could see it getting a 9.

gstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 gstealer
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

"Forza 3 has more consistent graphics, for example, and more in-depth upgrade/tuning/painting options for customizing cars"

That doesn't come down as graphics, it comes down as customization. They took the idea of car customization and put it together with the formula of car simulating (or as some like to call it, NFS + GT = Forza), which I think it's pretty sweet.

"GT5 has the potential for better graphics (depending on the car/track combo)"

Yes, and only if they made 500 premium cars instead of 200 premium and 800 standard ones... But that would take a whole lotta time.

"slightly better handling model, judging by the various posts I've read."

I'd say... GT 5 has way better handling than Forza 3... Playing it on the Dualshock is one thing, you can't really feel the game as it should be feeled.
But you play it with a steering wheel, it's amazing. The handling is perfect, every car has a different handling model, some are light, some are heavy, some slide easily, some don't, some you can turn at 100km/h and some you really have to slow down otherwise you're effed. GT 5is really something in handling.

Not saying Forza 3 s*cks, don't get me wrong, I really like the game, but from what I've played... GT 5 feels better, at least for me. Y'know... it's a matter of taste and opinion.. Some like Forza 3 because they own a 360, some like GT 5 because they own a PS3, but you really gotta play both just so you can see which feels better for you. I'm sure if some PS3 owners played Forza 3 they would love it, same thing for 360 owners with GT 5.