What did you think of the Last of Us ending? (WARNING: Spoilers)

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

So I just finished the game, and personally.... I really enjoyed the ending.

At the end of games, a lot of people expect the ending to be EPIC, have a lot of explosions, and have epic music, but the Last of Us Ending, when Joel lies to Ellie about the fireflies and that there was no cure.

Wow... I felt it.

Unlike most games, you weren't playing the hero nor the villain... you were playing as someone who truly cared for another individual. 

I'm not saying that what Joel did to save Ellie was a good thing, in fact I felt it was done out of pure selfishness. In fact, he may just have screwed humanity over. But at the same time, you wanted him to save her. 

And when Ellie asked him to swear to to her, and look her in the eyes, and Joel straight up lied. It felt it... 

This was a great ending. 

But those were my thoughts on it, what did you guys think about The Last of Us ending?

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

So I just finished the game, and personally.... I really enjoyed the ending.

At the end of games, a lot of people expect the ending to be EPIC, have a lot of explosions, and have epic music, but the Last of Us Ending, when Joel lies to Ellie about the fireflies and that there was no cure.

Wow... I felt it.

Unlike most games, you weren't playing the hero nor the villain... you were playing as someone who truly cared for another individual. 

I'm not saying that what Joel did to save Ellie was a good thing, in fact I felt it was done out of pure selfishness. In fact, he may just have screwed humanity over. But at the same time, you wanted him to save her. 

And when Ellie asked him to swear to to her, and look her in the eyes, and Joel straight up lied. It felt it... 

This was a great ending. 

But those were my thoughts on it, what did you guys think about The Last of Us ending?

RatedSTARZ
Not sure how long this thread will last (I hope it will because Im sure a good amount of people have already finished the game). Anyways I felt it was a great ending, I totally didn't expect it in the least, and I felt that the ending was the finale to a really good movie or television show instead of a game. I thought maybe they could have done more to it but then it would have been cliche and then people would have complained. Then again, you can't please everyone and someone will complain regardless. I enjoyed it, and I will be playing through on NG+ on hard and playing through on Survival mode.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said. In a way it was incredibly selfish of Joel, but I was glad he saved Ellie. She is such a cool character.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WiiMan21
Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said. In a way it was incredibly selfish of Joel, but I was glad he saved Ellie. She is such a cool character. hrt_rulz01
It's very mixed, and I feel they did this on purpose. I feel like they're definitely rolling with the "There are no good guys or bad guys in this universe" idea, as to Joel looked almost psychopathic near the ending (which he did for the love of ellie).
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RatedSTARZ

Glad you guys felt the same way about the ending :). I'm glad Naughty Dog didn't go the cliche route like many other zombie games where one of the main characters die. :D

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
[QUOTE="hrt_rulz01"]Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said. In a way it was incredibly selfish of Joel, but I was glad he saved Ellie. She is such a cool character. WiiMan21
It's very mixed, and I feel they did this on purpose. I feel like they're definitely rolling with the "There are no good guys or bad guys in this universe" idea, as to Joel looked almost psychopathic near the ending (which he did for the love of ellie).

Yeah I agree. At one stage I was thinking how bad it was that Joel (well me), was killing all these Firefly soldiers and brutally murdering Marlene, when they were sort of trying to do the right thing. But then I thought, if I was in the same situation, I think I would try to save her too (especially since she saved my life). What a great game!
k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I would totally sacrifice Ellie for a cure, wth Joel, Tess died for nothing?

Ellie herself wouldnt mind it

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

I had no doubts or problems with joel saving ellie. After picking up one of those recorders left in the hospital and the doctor on the recording said they have extracted the brains and tissues from other immune subjects and they are getting closer with each one. 

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
i haven't completed it yet....so i can't comment lol :/
k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k--m--k

i haven't completed it yet....so i can't comment lol :/Mickeyminime

then why did you get into a thread that talks about the game ending and it says "spoliers'? huh?

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 k--m--k

I had no doubts or problems with joel saving ellie. After picking up one of those recorders left in the hospital and the doctor on the recording said they have extracted the brains and tissues from other immune subjects and they are getting closer with each one. 

yonnex

oh really? I got the record but I didnt waste time listening to it

so, Joel was right about them they have dozen of immune kids lol

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#12 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I thought it was a satisfying ending.

OneShotFOGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OneShotFOGE
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

I was really torn as it was happening. I couldnt decide what I would do in real life. It felt like the right thing to do would be to sacrifice Elly for the cure. However, after that epic journey and watching Elly grow as a person, I dont think I could bring myself to let her die. I cared too much for her and just the thought of her being killed got me to cry. I felt bad killing all the fireflies but I didnt care. I had to save her.

Overall I thought it was a great ending. I love how Elly saved herself from the cannibal in the cabin. I thought they would do the cliche thing and have Joel save the damsel in distress. It was a great moment and one that lasted throughout the game. She was still bothered by it as they headed into Salt Lake City. The giraffes were a great distraction and one of my favorite moments of the game. I didnt expect the game to end the way it did and thats a good thing. Really enjoyed this game and will be replaying it soon.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I was really torn as it was happening. I couldnt decide what I would do in real life. It felt like the right thing to do would be to sacrifice Elly for the cure. However, after that epic journey and watching Elly grow as a person, I dont think I could bring myself to let her die. I cared too much for her and just the thought of her being killed got me to cry. I felt bad killing all the fireflies but I didnt care. I had to save her.

Overall I thought it was a great ending. I love how Elly saved herself from the cannibal in the cabin. I thought they would do the cliche thing and have Joel save the damsel in distress. It was a great moment and one that lasted throughout the game. She was still bothered by it as they headed into Salt Lake City. The giraffes were a great distraction and one of my favorite moments of the game. I didnt expect the game to end the way it did and thats a good thing. Really enjoyed this game and will be replaying it soon.

OneShotFOGE

I agree with all of this. 

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#15 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

k--m--k
So would I without question, or at least I would have before they hit me, threatened to kill me, and started mouthing off. Then they all had to die.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I think Joel felt like, by saving Ellie, he was righting the wrong of not saving his daughter. Throughout much of the game Joel can't even talk about Sarah but toward the end, he talks about her with Ellie. He says he thinks Ellie would've liked Sarah and that they would've been friends. It's incredibly subtle but it shows how far their relationship has come since they first met.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

One of the lamest endings ever. The ending, starting from when you interrupt the surgery, was really awful. You know when you get out of the car and start walking back to town and Joel is talking about how his daughter and Ellie would of been good friends, I seriously thought the game was going to make us kill Joel. I thought that becuz that last part you arent in control of Joel, it has you playing as Ellie. Ellie seemed hesitant and uncomfortable walking with Joel, it seemed like she was having doubts that Joel was a person she could trust anymore.

IDK but once you leave the car behind and cut through the fence, I really thought Ellie was about to pull the trigger on Joel cuz she know he was lying. The game had you controlling Ellie, you were in a beautiful field, there was some music playing, Joel was happy. The set up was there.... It would of been a better ending too.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 k--m--k

One of the lamest endings ever. The ending, starting from when you interrupt the surgery, was really awful. You know when you get out of the car and start walking back to town and Joel is talking about how his daughter and Ellie would of been good friends, I seriously thought the game was going to make us kill Joel. I thought that becuz that last part you arent in control of Joel, it has you playing as Ellie. Ellie seemed hesitant and uncomfortable walking with Joel, it seemed like she was having doubts that Joel was a person she could trust anymore.

IDK but once you leave the car behind and cut through the fence, I really thought Ellie was about to pull the trigger on Joel cuz she know he was lying. The game had you controlling Ellie, you were in a beautiful field, there was some music playing, Joel was happy. The set up was there.... It would of been a better ending too.

Nengo_Flow

I totally thought the same and was waiting for it, all the elements were there, but it shocked me more that it didnt happen, I think it was their purpose make us think about it or something, really weird...

he kept talking about Sarah, but Ellie had no interest at all

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

k--m--k

I totally thought the same and was waiting for it, all the elements were there, but it shocked me more that it didnt happen, I think it was their purpose make us think about it or something, really weird...

he kept talking about Sarah, but Ellie had no interest at all

I thought that was what was going to happen too. I also think that would have been a better ending.
k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 k--m--k

I dont think Ellie is the kind of person that would kill Joel for such reason

they care about each other too much.

I just wonder if Ellie did indeed believe Joel or not

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I don't think Ellie believes Joel but decides to go with it.

She woke up in the back seat of a car he just somehow managed to grab, she was in a hospital gown, there were no goodbyes, no nothing. I'm sure she pieced it all together but still had to ask.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
The ending was lacking almost like it was setting up a sequel where she runs off on her own. The one issue I had was the fact that everyone in this game wanted to kill you outside a few. Joel and Ellie killed those group members so they are hell bent on getting revenge, but at what cost? To lose dozens of men at the cost of getting two people didn't make since. It's a fight for Survival and the risk didn't match the gain, their motivations didn't make since to me. I know it's a game but it killed the Atmosphere when groups and groups of people want you dead for no rhyme or reason.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

You know a game is really good when people have interesting contrasting opinions about the ending lool

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i was pretty happy with it.. i was really expecting Joel to die, but im glad he didnt

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RatedSTARZ

You know a game is really good when people have interesting contrasting opinions about the ending lool

megaspiderweb09
Lol well said my friend, well said xD. I didn't think I would get so much feedback on the ending from you guys, but I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments. :D So to everyone who commented, I thank your face! :) Now I can step forward and start writing a review on this game :).
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WiiMan21

k--m--k
They were close but they were also growing apart, this is apparent in the last few chapters of the game. And Ellie also didn't believe Joel when he lied to her.
MadMike2869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MadMike2869
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
There was so much goin on in this game but as a real life father i was kinda lookin at this in the aspect that i figure Joel was. Having lost your daughter 20 yrs ago and now u have this young girl that over the course of the adventure end up caring for her like a daughter. There's no way in hell i could allow someone to kill a girl that i began to love like a daughter even if she might be the key to saving humanity. That would be something i would have to talk and discuss with her at a time when she is older and allow her to make the decision herself when im not around
Apeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Apeeze
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="k--m--k"]

WiiMan21
They were close but they were also growing apart, this is apparent in the last few chapters of the game. And Ellie also didn't believe Joel when he lied to her.

Your idea of them growing apart is interesting. what made you think they were growing apart?
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WiiMan21
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="k--m--k"]

Apeeze

Your idea of them growing apart is interesting. what made you think they were growing apart?

You can tell that they are growing apart due to whenever Joel is talking to ellie, she is either occupied with something in the environment or kind of pushing it off. Like at the very end in Salt Lake City where she's barley paying any attention to him, or how shes drops the ladder while trying to hand it to Joel.
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="Apeeze"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"] They were close but they were also growing apart, this is apparent in the last few chapters of the game. And Ellie also didn't believe Joel when he lied to her.

You can tell that they are growing apart due to whenever Joel is talking to ellie, she is either occupied with something in the environment or kind of pushing it off. Like at the very end in Salt Lake City where she's barley paying any attention to him, or how shes drops the ladder while trying to hand it to Joel.

Ya, I don't think it was because they were growing apart...It's more likely that it was because she knew she was essentially going their to be the lamb for the slaughter and didn't know how to feel or act around Joel...
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#31 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I quite like the ending I'm glad both characters survived.  I just look at it this way Joel already lost his daughter Sarah and he didn't want to lose Ellie who he thought of her as his daughter and Ellie thought of him as a father.  Joel spend the whole journey trying to save and protect Ellie and he wasn't just going to give up on her.  I'm glad Joel killed Marlene I couldn't stand her.  

I'm slightly going off topic here but I thought psycho David was a good character coming across at first as a nice guy and then just turning to evil I thought his death scene was memorable. 

NexApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 NexApex
Member since 2012 • 225 Posts

My wife and I were having a discuss about this game and she loved the way it ended. She felt the connection that they made through out the game was to good for Joel to just have her die and lose essentially a second daughter. I personally wanted Ellie to go through with the operation. Through out the story she feels like she's the answer to this. She's scared, but through out the game she builds courage and feels like she needs to do this even when confronted by Joel that they can just walk away. Everyone who has died in her life wasn't going to be for nothing (as she explained in the end). She really felt it was her purpose in life.

Joel lost a daughter and he didn't want to lose another. He's lost so many people in his life that he couldn't bare losing the one person that could understood him for who he was. He left his brother, saw his daughter die in his arms and couldn't save Trish. I feel terrible for what that man been through.

I have mixed emotions, but I ultimately felt deep down that this was Ellie's time to sacrifice herself for the good of mankind. Yeah she wanted to live, but her not knowing what it used to be like before the epidemic happened was okay and I think she understood that - even if she had feelings for Joel.

Just the fact were all talking about this is amazing. I applaud Naughty Dog.

deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

k--m--k
I was thinking the same thing why did Tess or his daughter die if he didn't sacrifice Ellie for the greater good? I would have. On a side note this wasn't even close to a happy ending seeing it was clear that Ellie was getting worse cause her arm was starting to plate like clicker skin. I'm guessing she's going to end up looking something like an infected but with her mind intact
deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="Apeeze"] Your idea of them growing apart is interesting. what made you think they were growing apart?joke_man

Ya, I don't think it was because they were growing apart...It's more likely that it was because she knew she was essentially going their to be the lamb for the slaughter and didn't know how to feel or act around Joel...

It probably seemed like they were growing apart due to everything and everyone she had to kill for him and her to survive, also probably cause the infection may of been getting worse and she knew
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

I kept hitting triangle throughout the Marlene explanation after the drowning hoping for a prompt. Listening to the recordings, how they killed hundreds working on their vaccine. Marlene knew. She knew the whole time from the beginning of the game what was waiting for Ellie. I intentionally hunted and killed every single Firefly in the building. I don't think I've ever felt so cathartic after finishing a video game. Certainly not a recent one, what with the trend to piss off your fans in the name of controversy. I loved it, and I would have done the same thing. This may be the most emotionally manipulative game I've ever played. Bioshock Infinite tried to manipulate player's feelings for the sidekick. Last of Us succeeded in it.

[QUOTE="k--m--k"]

deebo_x

I was thinking the same thing why did Tess or his daughter die if he didn't sacrifice Ellie for the greater good? I would have. On a side note this wasn't even close to a happy ending seeing it was clear that Ellie was getting worse cause her arm was starting to plate like clicker skin. I'm guessing she's going to end up looking something like an infected but with her mind intact

That's because you are a progressive monster. "For the greater good" has killed more people than anything else in the entire history of mankind.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Amazing ending I think it tackles quite alot of difficult subject matters while also being morally ambiguous. Of course what he did was bad but his intent wan't, even though it was selfish
k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 k--m--k

I kept hitting triangle throughout the Marlene explanation after the drowning hoping for a prompt. Listening to the recordings, how they killed hundreds working on their vaccine. Marlene knew. She knew the whole time from the beginning of the game what was waiting for Ellie. I intentionally hunted and killed every single Firefly in the building. I don't think I've ever felt so cathartic after finishing a video game. Certainly not a recent one, what with the trend to piss off your fans in the name of controversy. I loved it, and I would have done the same thing. This may be the most emotionally manipulative game I've ever played. Bioshock Infinite tried to manipulate player's feelings for the sidekick. Last of Us succeeded in it. [QUOTE="deebo_x"][QUOTE="k--m--k"]

mbrockway

That's because you are a progressive monster. "For the greater good" has killed more people than anything else in the entire history of mankind.

what lol? If human kind is dying of a disease and your death is the solution, you wouldnt sacrifice yourself? not even for your family?

Ellie doesnt have a family and she wanted to sacrifice herself so nobody else suffer like her...

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
Ellie was *never* asked. And if she said no they would have done it anyways. That's what makes them (and by extension you) monsters.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Nengo_Flow
That would of been an ok ending, but I think the ending in the game is far superior after thinking it over for awhile. How many games end with murder? Like, every single game? TLOU ends with real emotional human decisions. Can't think of many games that do that.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MethodManFTW
Ellie was *never* asked. And if she said no they would have done it anyways. That's what makes them (and by extension you) monsters.mbrockway
Man, half of your sig is so childish, but this post is spot on. Oh, internet. :P
Rokushin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Rokushin
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts

It's very mixed, and I feel they did this on purpose. I feel like they're definitely rolling with the "There are no good guys or bad guys in this universe" idea, as to Joel looked almost psychopathic near the ending (which he did for the love of ellie).WiiMan21
I am also very mixed with the ending. And I also agree Joel was very crazy after waking up from his wound until the end.

Is it too much to ask for a little closure though? I feel like the game was left wide open, like the game ended in the middle of their journey. I can totally see the surviving fireflies coming after Ellie, Ellie finding out Joel lied and thus more friction between the two. There was absolutely 0% closure. I hate that.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

After all that Joel and Ellie went through, after all they survived, a whole freaking year of enormous hardships hile they just could have stayed in relativley safety at their home QZ the fireflies knock him out and just seperate the two, not giving them at least a chance to say goodbye for each other and explain them together what they're going to do with Ellie so they at least would have a final chance to say goodbye to each other?

Shows that desperarte human beings, no matter how good their purpose might be, are the BIGGEST MONSTERS the planet has to offer, the infected in TLOU really look like innocent children next to how heartless it was from the Fireflies in the end to do something like that.

And good lord, never had me a final stage of a video game that much emotionally engaged, I swear, if I would have found out that I was too late and Ellie would already have died, I'd have cried my heart out. All the way from Joel's wake up scene till the end in the OP room I was literally again and again loud saying "Oh please don't die, please don't die, please don't let Joel be to late" again and again. After all they've went through I just couldn't let that happen.

In the end it also shows, in this desperate world where everyone has thrown his or her own moral code overboard just to survive, Joel might indeed be The Last of Us that still is a caring, human being who stands to the values of humanity we hold up so high.

Also the ending was really great, in the end you see them being so close to the city already, alomst in relative safety and the game still plays on your feelings "Will still anything bad happen?" Couldn't literally stop asking me and being afraid there might be one last, bad surprise. Glad there really wasn't though and both survived and made it through this hell trip.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Sigh... I'm not sure. I definitely didn't hate the ending. Its understandable because Joel had already lost one daughter... but it's saving f*cking mankind- Ellie and Joel couldn't have just had a team meeting and said, "Listen, this sucks, but its all of mankind, so we gotta do it"

I found that bizarre. Her dying had not been discussed, then it was just avoided. 

Also, I think the game's quality dips towards the Winter sections, and it becomes Uncharted: Zombies.

I really liked it, but its flawed. 

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I've been ignoring this topic until i beat it.. and I just did. WOW. What an amazing game! Naughty Dog are great devs. If this is what they are going to bring to the table then I can't wait for what they bring next gen. The Last of Us really is a game everyone needs to play.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RatedSTARZ

Lol yeah this topic kind of just took off like crazy hahaha xD. Love all the feedback from everyone :D

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

The ending was kinda unexpected and it was pretty okay. Nothing to wow about. 

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MethodManFTW
FYI - Naughty Dog has confirmed that Ellie is the cure to the infection. If she would of been cut open she would of been the cure. http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/21/the-last-of-us-spoilercast
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

FYI - Naughty Dog has confirmed that Ellie is the cure to the infection. If she would of been cut open she would of been the cure. http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/21/the-last-of-us-spoilercastMethodManFTW

Yeah, but who would want to live in a society built by the Fireflies? They showed what they were all about by not asking Ellie, and letting her be the hero. She would have said yes. You can imagine it would've been like Robespierre's Reign of Terror.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 k--m--k

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]FYI - Naughty Dog has confirmed that Ellie is the cure to the infection. If she would of been cut open she would of been the cure. http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/21/the-last-of-us-spoilercastDaRq_MiNoS

Yeah, but who would want to live in a society built by the Fireflies? They showed what they were all about by not asking Ellie, and letting her be the hero. She would have said yes. You can imagine it would've been like Robespierre's Reign of Terror.

society built by Fireflies is better than the world they living in now with all the zombies and cannibals 

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]FYI - Naughty Dog has confirmed that Ellie is the cure to the infection. If she would of been cut open she would of been the cure. http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/21/the-last-of-us-spoilercastk--m--k

society built by Fireflies is better than the world they living in now with all the zombies and cannibals

So, giving up what makes us human in the end is the rescue of humanity?

aKa grabbing a little girl while she's unconscious and wanting to cut her open and kill her whilst she CLEARLY showed she had the intention to live?

No, that price is TOO DAMN HIGH to pay for the "sake of humanity", because if our society would be based upon THIS VERY ACT then it would turn US into the monsters.