soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I am shocked that there hasn't been a thread post beta so I thought I'd make one.

Let's get straight down to business, I personally felt the driving in the beta was good...but problematic with a controller. Cornering, especially at the right speed was almost impossible with merely the analogue stick and you really had to push down on it multiple times. I know that simulations are best controlled using specific wheels but not everyone will have one and this is detrimental, considering Forza and the F1 series have done so well in comprising.

In terms of the modes and content on offer, I think its pretty obvious this is a very online focused game, looking to find a place in the esport arena so I will probably pass up on it and wait for a full fledged release. The full release will have less than 200 cars, which by modern standards is a bit of a shame. By Poly's on standards it a disgrace.

Graphically however, the game is superb and car models look better than Forza if not as good as Project Cars. Its also nice to see they have worked on their sound and menu presentation. However, it still doesnt match Forza...and I guess thats my problem. I want a GT game with modern damage modelling and sound and something that is a full fledged title, not an online focused eport racer.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I disagree with the controller part but agree with everything else, I'm still undecided on if I will but it.

Only gripe I have with it, are some of the cars feel too heavy. The MX5 is a light car, which you can throw around easy and make it slide, but I was having a lot of trouble, didn't have the same problems in GT5/6.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soul_starter

@GTR12: Did you think the controller worked well? Were you using the sticks, buttons or sensors?

I agree, the cars didnt feel right either, again, I put that down to poor controller input. IN terms of the actual pure driving, I wont know till I play using a peripheral and that wont happen because unless theres a major price drop in the next few months.

I must say, the racing game I have enjoyed the most overt he last few years has been the F1 series. Just really good, really fun, lots of simulation depending on how to tune your settings and ultimately, a real sense of speed, which is what I want in a game. In an era where loot boxes and online racing have become a major hindrance, I enjoy a series with an in depth single player component and an optional, well made mp section.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12

@soul_starter: I always use the sticks, I just tried the motion sensor for 1 race just because its an option.

Trying to correct a slide is equally as hard, I didn't mess around with the controller settings (so maybe there was option?), but again it was really difficult.

You're used to F1, high-downforce sticky cars, these are road cars, you have to give it some slack.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

After playing the beta, picking up the game day 1 and sunk a number of hours into it, I really like it.

Forza has been my go to racer since 360 but I skipped 7 as it just felt the same as 6... very good game but overly familiar.

GT Sport has been very refreshing and I actually prefer the handling now. Yes the lack of content is disappointing and will really start sticking out sooner rather than later but I hold out hope that PD are true to their word and will release more cars and tracks with most (if not all) being free. I guess at least there are micro transactions huh.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9741 Posts

@soul_starter said:

@GTR12: Did you think the controller worked well? Were you using the sticks, buttons or sensors?

I agree, the cars didnt feel right either, again, I put that down to poor controller input. IN terms of the actual pure driving, I wont know till I play using a peripheral and that wont happen because unless theres a major price drop in the next few months.

I must say, the racing game I have enjoyed the most overt he last few years has been the F1 series. Just really good, really fun, lots of simulation depending on how to tune your settings and ultimately, a real sense of speed, which is what I want in a game. In an era where loot boxes and online racing have become a major hindrance, I enjoy a series with an in depth single player component and an optional, well made mp section.

What do you think of this sense of speed? Yeah, this game lacks offline content. It doesn't have a normal career mode.

Loading Video...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12

@GameboyTroy: Uhh hello...

That's a Gr1 spec car and a pretty shit driver, anyone can go fast in a straight line, and he/she doesn't use any of the mechanical or aero grip on corners, they just brake heavily.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soul_starter

@GameboyTroy: lol isnt that a concept car? like what are you trying to prove? Plus who ever was driving that cant corner properly.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GameboyTroy

@soul_starter said:

@GameboyTroy: lol isnt that a concept car? like what are you trying to prove? Plus who ever was driving that cant corner properly.

Yes, it's a concept car and there are more of them. I'm trying to prove how fast the game can feel. When you enter GT Sport gameplay into the youtube search bar Shirrako shows up on the first page.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soul_starter

@GameboyTroy: It can feel fast in a minority if instances but not most of the time and it never feels as fast and fluid as other racers, which was my main point. Remember, I am speaking comparatively and on that front, GT is now years behind other games in terms of sound, feel and content. Its sad because I bought every GT game up to 4 and it was my second fave series after GTA.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

I dont like it bad mistake always online

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

I'm giving it a miss, I don't like the always online aspect of it and the number of cars in the game is just so limited. I'll stick to Driveclub

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soul_starter

I think I might end up buying PC2, as I really need a new racing game (played F1 2016 to death) and I dont wana get microforza.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GameboyTroy

It might be good for you to get PC2. It got a 7/10 from GS.

https://www.gamespot.com/project-cars-2/

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Project Cars 2 is approx 10 000 times better in every way. GT Sport is just a sad joke. Shame on Sony for failing us again.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@soul_starter: I hate racing games, especially ones trying to be realistic but aren't. Arcade racers are ok. One thing I hated on GT demo was the limited amount of space before you hit an invisible wall. Plus, I couldn't seem to get my car to do donuts. Bring back Destruction Derby and I'm in.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soul_starter

@GameboyTroy: Yeah but Im worried about how much of it is online?

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

@soul_starter: Quite a lot of it apparently

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soul_starter

@Chris_53: in what way? Details? Reviews are trash at that these days

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

The demo showed be the game is better than I thought it would be, but was not enough to convince me to get the full game.

I will wait for this to hit the bargain bin before buying. I am not a fan of online gaming, so I would just be doing all the missions, driving school and whatever else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a411408acdf8
deactivated-5a411408acdf8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By deactivated-5a411408acdf8
Member since 2010 • 390 Posts

Bought it on release, I've only played a few hours. Seems good but the lack of offline content is the biggest problem for me. There should be career mode..

EDIT: Career mode will be out in december. Together with new cars and tracks. All for free.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soul_starter

The addition of a career mode, on paper, seems great but will it be as in depth as the version we saw across the PS2 and PS3 era? Is it worth it with the limited numbers of cars (I know more are being added) and tracks (I know some more are supposedly on the way) and ultimately, what is the point of the game if you can only save while online ?Why is that even necessary? It is a massive problem that needs to be solved.