What can I do on my PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

I've had my PS4 for about... 2 months already? A bit more? And I finished/beat all the games I have on it (AC IV: Black Flag/ inFamous: Second Son/ TLoU Remastered/ Outlast) And all the PS+ free games don't really have my complete attention, and I'm actually waiting for the Fall games (As well as the PS4 version of JOURNEY! if it comes out any time soon) and honestly, I don't think I have touched my PS4 for over a week. Some of the game that are also already out don't interest me as well. Recommend me some upcoming September games (as well as some August ones as well, I haven't bothered to look at the PS Store since end of July).

Any ideas what I can do with it? I know YouTube works on it. Lol. Thanks.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#2 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

There is a huge one you've probably heard of that comes out on Tuesday, which is Destiny. NHL 15 comes out the same day if you're a hockey fan.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@thegamingjunkie: Why don't you play on-line ? It gives your games a completely different and new dimension. I ran out of games, then a friend suggested me to play on-line and let me tell you, I discovered a completely new world.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

FF14? =D

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

2 month is a short time. I bought the Xbox One a couple of month back and ordered the PS4 on Tuesday to last me the next 5 to 10 years. there be some good games coming out for both in that time so i think you should keep it.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

buy more games...

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Have you played Watch dogs, Wolfenstien new order, Metro redux?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, Driveclub, Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, etc. All of these games start to come out this month

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thegamingjunkie

@The_Last_Ride: I thought they come out on Oct/Sept? Which is exactly what I'm waiting for :)

TLoU and AC multiplayer is somewhat keeping me busy but seems too repetitive as time flies by. But still fun once in a while.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@marcheegsr nope, but saving the money for months to come ahead :) Cause watchdogs disappointed me a little when it first released and I have no idea what Metro Redux is about.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

@marcheegsr nope, but saving the money for months to come ahead :) Cause watchdogs disappointed me a little when it first released and I have no idea what Metro Redux is about.

Its a really good shooter if that's your thing and they did a really good job on this remaster plus adding a 2nd game to it Metro 2033.

Or just wait for Destiny next week!. That game looks awesome.

Syncotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Syncotic
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

buy diablo 3 ultimate evil edition, that game you will never beat and has ultimate replay abaility so when your in a drought or whenever you go back to it. Personally i think it's the best game on the system because it's so polished.

eBOOM_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eBOOM_88
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

There are tons of games on PS4, TC must be a troll.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Go buy Metro Redux today and play it.

I'd also recommend picking up Wolfenstein, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil, Trials Fusion, Pinball Arcade, Transistor and / or Minecraft.

Seriously there is so much to play, just be adventurous. If nothing else fire up Resogun again. That game really never gets old.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, Driveclub, Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, etc. All of these games start to come out this month

All these games and I'm gonna add Diablo 3 and Metro Redux. Redux is goooood. Wolfenstien is pretty good too.

Resogun is great, you probably haven't played it since they added a ship editor/maker and local co-op via update, and they have a $5 dlc that it really worth it, survival.

There are plenty of games. Sometimes gamers go through a game drought where games just lose their charm for a bit. Don't do anything ridiculous, like sell or trade your ps4. The games are coming.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thegamingjunkie

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

All these games and I'm gonna add Diablo 3 and Metro Redux. Redux is goooood. Wolfenstien is pretty good too.

Resogun is great, you probably haven't played it since they added a ship editor/maker and local co-op via update, and they have a $5 dlc that it really worth it, survival.

There are plenty of games. Sometimes gamers go through a game drought where games just lose their charm for a bit. Don't do anything ridiculous, like sell or trade your ps4. The games are coming.

Yeah, all I can do is wait D: But when October/November comes around, I'll be broke XD

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@thegamingjunkie said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, all I can do is wait D: But when October/November comes around, I'll be broke XD

We will all be broke :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I won't i still think there are plenty of games to play

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Get PS+. That might help you find some fun games.

It works for me, and you get a better value if you own a PS3 and or PSVita.

----

I think you may have PS+. In that case, I got nothing. I still am playing PS3/PC/Wii U/360 lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@SolidTy said:

----

I think you may have PS+. In that case, I got nothing. I still am playing PS3/PC/Wii U/360 lol.

That's a good advice, but atm there aren't that many games coming from PS+

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SolidTy said:

----

That's a good advice, but atm there aren't that many games coming from PS+

To date the PS4 has gotten 16 free PS+ games. That's pretty good considering the service isn't a year old yet, but as I said above I still play my PS3/PC more since I always play my last gen consoles more than my new consoles that first launch year. Same for launch year SNES, I was playing my NES more. Same for launch 1995-1996 PS1, I played SNES more. Same for the launch year 2000-2001 PS2, I played the PS1 more. Same for launch year 2006-2007 PS3, I was still playing my PS2 more. Same now for launch year 2013-2014 PS4, I'm still playing my PS3 more. Eventually the new consoles take over of course, but this is the price I pay as a new console launch buyer every generation.

To give you an idea of the competition as I own an Xbone. To date the Xbone has gotten only 6 free GwG XBLG games. The PS4 having 10 more games to play over the competition seems pretty good all things considered with at least two games free a month on the PS4 side of things.

The 16 PS4 free PS+ games were:

1Contrast
2Resogun
3Don't Starve
4Outlast
5Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
6Mercenary Kings
7Stick It to the Man!
8PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
9Trine 2: Complete Story
10Doki-Doki Universe
11Strider
12TowerFall: Ascension
13Fez
14Road Not Taken
15Sportsfriends
16Velocity 2X
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#22 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I won't i still think there are plenty of games to play

I'd like to add Guacamelee Super Turbo Edition. Great game.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

just wait 2 years, if you give it away, then bye bye no man's sky. will be the biggest mistake of your life.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

waiting for next month aliens isolations evil within nba 2k15 shadow mordor lord of fallen

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thegamingjunkie

LOL why does everyone think I'm going to give/sell away my PS4 just after owning it for 2 months? I would never do that in my right mind xD Yes, I have PS+ and I love my PS4 but I'm asking if there is something to do on it other than play games (since I'm waiting for Oct/Nov to come by) like watch movies, etc etc And game suggestions as well :)

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

Until Silent Hills, Uncharted 4, MGS 5, RE7, RE Revelations I'm going to just watch movies and watch idiots on ustream and Twitch.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Another one who seems to of nerver been unvolved properly with a launch console in the first year, this is how it is, deal with it.

Online play is always a good thing to mess around with, adds a whole new element, otherwise there isn't much else you can do, but out of the huge number of games out right now, I am strongly not believing there isn't a game out there you wouldn't like.

anyway who cares if you haven't touched your PS4 for over a week, the games are coming, nothing comes that fast, be patient, the only reason the ps3 and 360 look like they have comes coming all the time, is because there is a back catalog of games to play makes it seem more than there is, but reality is up till now on PS4 we have had more games come out than ever before.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thegamingjunkie

@yixingtpot said:

Until Silent Hills, Uncharted 4, MGS 5, RE7, RE Revelations I'm going to just watch movies and watch idiots on ustream and Twitch.

Good idea.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@bezza2011 said:

Another one who seems to of nerver been unvolved properly with a launch console in the first year, this is how it is, deal with it.

Online play is always a good thing to mess around with, adds a whole new element, otherwise there isn't much else you can do, but out of the huge number of games out right now, I am strongly not believing there isn't a game out there you wouldn't like.

anyway who cares if you haven't touched your PS4 for over a week, the games are coming, nothing comes that fast, be patient, the only reason the ps3 and 360 look like they have comes coming all the time, is because there is a back catalog of games to play makes it seem more than there is, but reality is up till now on PS4 we have had more games come out than ever before.

That is exactly what I am doing right now: dealing with it :) And what I really meant to ask was what can I do on my PS4 other than continuously playing games. The PS4 is the second console I have ever owned after the Wii (LOL) and I've been down that road, waiting for games to come out. And I'm actually saving up for the Fall games instead of using up all my money on games I won't necessarily enjoy for a long time, and personally, I don't think any game that is currently out is worth it for me. Like literally, what else can I do with it? I guess my thread title was misleading, as well as my wording, oops. My bad. Was groggy and tedious when I created it. What should I change it to? Okay, "What can I do on my PS4"- much better.

ganon42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ganon42
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts

watchdogs and netflix

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@eboom_88 said:

There are tons of games on PS4, TC must be a troll.

Don't think he's talking about indies, or games that can be played anywhere else either.